November 22

loudi94

Just to follow up on what loudi posted...

Game is all but confirmed (Just needs NHLPA approval , but that will be easy)

http://sportsnet.ca/nhl/story/105459868452...=10545986845205

Should be fun :) , even for the people in the cheap seats sitting miles away from the action in a cold november night in Edmonton. That alumni game should also be great!

[Edited on 2003/6/3 by puck7x]

Gretzky has said he'll play, which is nice.

He had said he'd never participate in old-timer games.. but since this will be kinda of a special occasion, outside & all... he'll be there.

Should be fun.... although for Komisarek it's nothing special, he played in front of twice as many people outside in the "Ice Bowl" (or whatever it was called) when he was in Michigan.

It's just so "been there, done that".. hehe

why do Edmonton play that game againts Montreal ?

why not againts Calgary?

Is it because Montreal was a partner with the Bulldogs? Or because there's many CH fans there?

Speaking of the Alumni game...who do you think will play for the Habs?

I think it would be awesome if Roy decided to play but im not counting on it.

It would be pretty tough for us to win this game though considering the Oilers Dynasty was just 15 years ago, while the Habs are going to be mostly late 70s players.

Article from Canadiens.com about the event....

http://www.canadiens.com/english/presse/co...dex.cfm?id=1737

I am really looking forward to this. The atmosphere will be amazing! Its going to be strange watching NHL teams play outside in a very cold climate... But hey , thats hockey right?

The players involved in this game are going to remember this experience for the rest of their lives , and go down in history as the first NHL players to play in an outdoor NHL game.

They should make this an annual tradition , like CBC's "hockey day in Canada" ... Maybe combine the two.

I cant wait!

• 2 weeks later...

LOL

I don't know if my friends are hockey crazy enough to go to Edmonton just to see a hockey game...(even if this one will be pretty cool)

Seriously, would anyone consider going with a few people to see our Habs kick ass (hopefully) in front of 55 000 people?

Are you asking me out?.. cuz I'm not into that ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist... hehe

But if you really plan on going I hope they don't jack up the prices to high for this "unique" special event... and what kind of visibility you'll get from where you're seated would also be a concern of mine.

And obviously... if the weather just plain sucks that particular day, it's not just the money paid for the ticket that will be wasted but the round-trip airfare is gonna seem like a mighty waste.

I really hope the weather will be good... if not it's gonna be such a shame.

[Edited on 13-6-03 by Habs77]