On-line petition to HNIC

Bacchus

This isn't directed at you, Bacchus, but at online polls in general. I'm sure they take petitions seriously when there are typed signatures, no means to stop a bot from repeatedly signing it, and people doing stuff like this:

"47. Bob Cole I still think Roy plays goal for the habs... Oh that is because I am always drunk!! Toronto Toronto"

and

"50. Harry Neale Hey Bob cole pass me another Brew!! Guy Lafleur just scored again!!!! Oh wait its not 1976 Toronto Toronto"

Sure, it isn't like a written letter or anything ... but there are some genuine words written there, and I'm sure the CBC will have someone look over the petition to assess it. It will havan impact ... how big? Who knows. But perhaps this could also be insentive for people to take up a pen and write a note. Everything helps.

awesome. When I signed it there were only two hundred odd signatures. Good to see this thing has wings.

Im sick of CBC, those two broadcasters they had calling the habs-penguins game saturday SUCKED lol, I'll stick with RDS.

The govt has no business broadcasting pro sports anyways, I hope they lose their nhl license next year.

Im sick of CBC, those two broadcasters they had calling the habs-penguins game saturday SUCKED lol, I'll stick with RDS.

The govt has no business broadcasting pro sports anyways, I hope they lose their nhl license next year.

Yeah i agree i'd rather stick with RDS, rather than watching a rare Habs game on TSN or on Hockey Night In Toronto lol but I feel for all the Habs fans across Canada :(

Don't worry though Blaze53 is here :D

well, i do wish the best for this cause but i doubt that it'll carry much weight.

i did sign it, by the way.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Yeah i agree i'd rather stick with RDS, rather than watching a rare Habs game on TSN or on Hockey Night In Toronto lol but I feel for all the Habs fans across Canada :(

Don't worry though Blaze53 is here :D

The rest of the country will get to see plenty of habs games in june, while CBC's precious maple lafs will have been on the links since april.

What??? The CBC has been broadcasting hockey, as well as other sports(curling and Olympics) on TV and radio ever since it was created in 1933, its the highest rated show in the country and the oldest running sports show in the world... You've got to be kidding...

Edited by gelu88

What??? The CBC has been broadcasting hockey, as well as other sports(curling and Olympics) on TV and radio ever since it was created in 1933, its the highest rated show in the country and the oldest running sports show in the world... You've got to be kidding...

What? Maybe during the 50s and 60s when there was no cable, satellite or other networks it was ok to justify it as a public work but now its just a serious waste of money and unfair to the shareholders of media companies that their tax money is subsidizing their competition.

its the highest rated show in the country

Wow, hockey is the highest rated show in canada, that wouldn't be possible without the cbc!!

oldest running sports show in the world

so?

Times change. When the only justification for something is 'because it's always been that way', it's never good. The CBC can stick to the Olympics and other sports where a Canadian perspective is necessary but probably absent if they didn't do it. That's not the case with NHL hockey. I think TSN/TSN2 and Sportsnet etc. could do at least as good a job, if not better.

Mind you, I doubt that would lead to any more Habs games on TV. The CBC caters to the biggest hockey market, and that wouldn't change if another network took over... but I signed the petition anyway, because I'm a team player.