Game Thread | Pittsburgh vs. Montreal | 12/16/06

Spider-Man NL

A TSN analyst just said "Maxim Laperrière." Is it so hard to learn how to pronounce his name before embarassing yourself on TV?

Amazing game tonight, by the way.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A TSN analyst just said "Maxim Laperrière." Is it so hard to learn how to pronounce his name before embarassing yourself on TV?

i remember jacques laperrière... he was big, tall, strong...

i even met him in my little home town one day as he drove through in his convertible...

i sat in a tree in front of the local arena waiting for him... word was that he was coming that afternoon... i waited all afternoon and finally he did come... boy, he was a big man

GO :hlogo: GO!

I am in Kingston for the weekend and my dad and gf both have centre ice but of course the game was not on, so I missed the 1st period but went to shoeless joes downtown and watched an excellent 2nd and 3rd.

All in all a great game.

I am in Kingston for the weekend and my dad and gf both have centre ice but of course the game was not on, so I missed the 1st period but went to shoeless joes downtown and watched an excellent 2nd and 3rd.

All in all a great game.

thank centre ice that they didn't have the first period... it was a total penguins domination the hight points were the brilliant goaltending by huet and the montreal goal on their 3rd shot of the period (and the last one of that period too).

Man, this is one tough society. Can't even make a mistake these days, eh? I'll bet the name was on the teleprompter in front of him, he just read it wrong in his rush to get through things. Chit happens. ;)

Man, this is one tough society. Can't even make a mistake these days, eh? I'll bet the name was on the teleprompter in front of him, he just read it wrong in his rush to get through things. Chit happens. ;)

Yeah, what a pity. The other night on RDS Pierre Houde refered to Mike Johnson as "Mike Jackson"... Honest mistake...

Solid Effort tonight All Around...

I FF'd to the 12th page of this thread...so I am unsure if the Higgins lovers came out!

I was very surprised to see him get the ice time that he was awarded tonight! Especially when out on the penalty kill! That made me a tad nervous! But he seemed to be fine! Solid efforts go out to Souray, Kovalev, Koivu, and the third line for shutting Crosby's line down. Being in attendance tonight was great...First period I was confused what the hell had happened when I started to rush to the concession stands for a Molson Ex until I realized that a goal was scored in the dying seconds for Pittsburgh's second goal...then stood in anticipation....2-1 Penguins...I said to my brother, his wife, and my father...Ahhh we're a 2nd Period team...we'll get it back...I looked up at the shot clock....17-2? :unsure: ....Then the 2nd Period came...and I was right, A totally different Canadiens team stepped foot on the ice...and followed through to the 3rd period end! 6-3 Final...We started out slow, and finished strong.

GO :hlogo: GO...

Ps: I also got under the Crosby bandwagon jumpers tonight...they didn't have much to say :lol::lol:

Sid Who?

Solid Effort tonight All Around...

I FF'd to the 12th page of this thread...so I am unsure if the Higgins lovers came out!

I was very surprised to see him get the ice time that he was awarded tonight! Especially when out on the penalty kill! That made me a tad nervous! But he seemed to be fine! Solid efforts go out to Souray, Kovalev, Koivu, and the third line for shutting Crosby's line down. Being in attendance tonight was great...First period I was confused what the hell had happened when I started to rush to the concession stands for a Molson Ex until I realized that a goal was scored in the dying seconds for Pittsburgh's second goal...then stood in anticipation....2-1 Penguins...I said to my brother, his wife, and my father...Ahhh we're a 2nd Period team...we'll get it back...I looked up at the shot clock....17-2? :unsure: ....Then the 2nd Period came...and I was right, A totally different Canadiens team stepped foot on the ice...and followed through to the 3rd period end! 6-3 Final...We started out slow, and finished strong.

GO :hlogo: GO...

Ps: I also got under the Crosby bandwagon jumpers tonight...they didn't have much to say :lol::lol:

Sid Who?

Vicious? Poitier? Sheldon? Bechet?.... I give up... Sid who?

How many points is this question worth?

Great to see that 3rd line shut down Crosby and co. And that was a great shift they had at the end of the game, just keeping the puck tied up in the Penguins end, earning an ovation from the Bell Centre faithful.

I'm loving the depth Bob has brought! This is what Stanley Cup contenders are made of. :clap:

:hlogo:

This is TSN. We have to jump on every mistake just to piss them off. B)

Good outcome! I missed the game last night, I went out, but how did Higgins play in his first game back? Also what kind of minutes did he get?

Physically he looked alright, as speedy and physical as before. Its just his timing that is maybe a fraction of a second off. Lot of plays he'd usually have finished where he was a little late.

Hey what was up with those cbc broadcasters? God those two were awful. I would occasionally listen to them for a few minutes for curiousity's sake before having to flee back to RDS.

Edited by Dirty Harry

Welcome, kiddo!

You've joined a great gang! Some of us are kind of nuts, especially that 56-year-old guy from Sudbury but, aside from him and some others (from British Columbia), we're all fairly level-headed... I think...

Is that a shot? :P

crap we're losing.

I'm listening to CKAC and I think Sidney Crosby is talking, one question when did he learn french? cool

Wellll, he did play junior hockey in Rimouski, Quebec...

i just turned to the cbc game - it's now vancouver vs minnesota

the neat thing is that, during the singing of oh canada, the singer stopped at one point and aimed the mic to the crowd who continued to sing. he jumped back in at 'god keep our land...'

it was very moving... gave a more patriotic sense to the singing of the anthem

is that a common thing to happen in vancouver or is this something that this guy has just done? someone from vancouver would know more... i'd be interested in hearing about that...

No idea. I pay as little attention to the Canucks as possible...unless they're losing. :king:

was it me or last night were the fans in the Bell Center BOooing Sidney Crosby when he had the puck?

im pretty sure i heard this a couple of times

if so im really ashamed :puke:

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

was it me or last night were the fans in the Bell Center BOooing Sidney Crosby when he had the puck?

Ya I heard that, they were probably just trying to unnerve him

Are you kidding me? Last time I checked, anyone not in a Habs uniform is the enemy. Why on earth would you want the crowd at the Bell Center to give Crosby a warm reception?

Are you kidding me? Last time I checked, anyone not in a Habs uniform is the enemy. Why on earth would you want the crowd at the Bell Center to give Crosby a warm reception?

Not that I like it but last year Crosby got big cheers when I saw him play against the Canadiens in that crazy 6-5 game. This also happend with Mario and their were times when Gretz got some standing O's in Montreal as well.

bottom line, you're right here.

as much as they admire Crosby, he's still on the other side when it comes to playing the Canadiens.

so, a boo is appropriate

bottom line, you're right here.

as much as they admire Crosby, he's still on the other side when it comes to playing the Canadiens.

so, a boo is appropriate

still hes the future of hockey...i still find it ridiculous....its not like he pulled a bertuzzi