Mcguire on what Gainey's up to

Spider-Man NL

Pierre Mcguire on the TEAM 990 was asked about the go ahead Gainey was given to invest significant money on a player before March 9th...

Here's what he said...Bob Gainey unlike other Gms is very tight liped and never lets anything slip out with regards to his trade talks...Mcguire mentioned that there are other Gms who aren't in the tight lipped category and that he got word from two specific gms that Gainey has spoken to about trades...I guess Mcguire is talking about these two Gms when it comes to the ones who aren't keeping things a secret...

About Lindros...Mcguire has tremendous respect for Mckenzie and he's very credible...he believes there's something there with regards to Lindros coming to Montreal...he also said it wouldn't cost us much...

hm...really, i wouldnt mind lindros, hes big, and he can score, and he has playoff experience and is a great leader. I wouldn't think the habs should go after him though IF he was expensive. If he is cheap which mcguire is apparently saying, then maybe. If i was gainey, I would be taking a serious look at O'neill or any player on New York Rangers. They are loaded and probably willing to cut some loose. Maybe a player on that team would actually play well if they got out of new york.

Are we talking about the same Eric Lindros that refused to play for Quebec Nordiques?

The always injuried Eric Lindros?

The big baby Eric Lindros?

The next one?

THE ERIC LINDROS?

I'd rather be a Leafs fan...

Hes an UFA at the end of the season. Who cares what he said before, if we could get him for lets say a third round pick, he would be the perfect on the first line with zednik and koivu.

He would only be a rental player (a good one i might add)!

I would say no too but a rental for one not so high draft pick is not so bad, still I don't think it would cost just one mid draft pick and I doubt he would be jumping for joy to join the Habs either, imagine the reception at the Bell Center, somehow I doubt he would welcomed with open arms.

Originally posted by gazer

I would say no too but a rental for one not so high draft pick is not so bad, still I don't think it would cost just one mid draft pick and I doubt he would be jumping for joy to join the Habs either, imagine the reception at the Bell Center, somehow I doubt he would welcomed with open arms.

I dont think gainey would really care how the fans greeted him. It would stop sooner or later anyways, especially if he scores some goals!

I think he would come cheap as he had been in Sather's doghouse a couple of time this year and had been benched during the 3rd period so I think we could get away with a 3rd rounder or even a 4th as NY is simply looking to rid themselves of some payroll for the end of the year. He gets hurt but would be great crashing the net with Koivu and Zednik IMHO

:hlogo:atvo