Game Thread | Philadelphia vs. Montreal | 12/21/06

Spider-Man NL

img15.gif
img12.gif

flyers200.gifvrssign.gifmontreal200.gif

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

flyers50.gif8-21-4 : 20 Points (15th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif20-8-5 : 45 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Philadelphia

2197.gif# 30 Antero Niittymaki (6-17-4), 3.20 GAA, .895 Save%

Montreal

Abby2.jpg# 30 David Aebischer (6-5-2), 3.04 GAA, .907 Save%

Flyers Roster
Link

Canadiens Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson
Latendresse - Murray - Streit

d.jpg

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Rivet
Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg
David Aebischer

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 11th, 2006:montreal50.gif3 flyers50.gif1

Nov. 25th, 2006:flyers50.gif4 montreal50.gif2

SourayhitsFlyer.jpg

HabsvsFlyersfull.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& comcast.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM

img46.gifimg14.gif
Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAAAAAAAAABSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yessssssssss I didn't realise i was an Atom LOL

Ohh Yeah very sexy thread like always Spidey :D

Edited by blaze53

The Canadiens seem to adjust their effort/skill to match the team they are playing. While this is a good thing when facing elite teams, it can be a big problem when facing struggling teams such as Philly. Let's hope the boys can come out strong tonight and not put up a weak performance against a weak team, as has been the case in the past this season.

Wow Phily got a good PK for such a miserable team

is Forsberg playing thursday?

My guess would be NO becuase he now has a concussion, he must be pondering retirement.

I will be at the game tomorrow with my dad, last time we went to a habs Flyers game Ryder got a Hat Trick.

I'm not very confident with this one, largely because Montreal never seems to get up for these games and I am always nervous when Aebischer starts. Not that I think he is terrible, but I can't help but feel a bit nervous because he can't without initial barrages like Huet can. If Philly comes out flying in the first 5 minutes and Huet is playing I am usually confident will can withstand it, but with Abby in the net I fear it could get ugly.

the flyers guy on hockeybuzz says that forsberg will start practicing with the team on friday....

Fair enough.

If he keeps coming back from injuries it will only increase the trade rumours about him unless Philly can really snap out of it and win 25 of their next 30 games.

the flyers guy on hockeybuzz says that forsberg will start practicing with the team on friday....

Habs can't lost with Richards, Rathje, Forsbergh, Sanderson ETC. out of the lineup

Habs can't lost with Richards, Rathje, Forsbergh, Sanderson ETC. out of the lineup

cant lose final!

habs will probebly come out strong...how is aebischer going to react to is first start in a while? i hope he wont be shaky!

I'm not very confident with this one, largely because Montreal never seems to get up for these games and I am always nervous when Aebischer starts. Not that I think he is terrible, but I can't help but feel a bit nervous because he can't without initial barrages like Huet can. If Philly comes out flying in the first 5 minutes and Huet is playing I am usually confident will can withstand it, but with Abby in the net I fear it could get ugly.

If Abby is Dr. Jekyll we'll be fine. Man can he shrug save superbly.

If Abby is Mr. Hyde tonight, that's different.

I'm not worried about the Flyers as much as I'm worried about us being due.

Read in swedish newspaper that Forsberg wont be playing in tonights game. Im expecting us to get revenge for the last game. Only thing that can kill us tonight is a poor performance from Aebischer but since he has to start proving that he can be a no. 1 I think he will be great tonight. Lets crush there flyers! (btw. the game can be seen in sweden so I will be watching... that usually isnt a good thing)

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/hockey/16286034.htm

Posted on Thu, Dec. 21, 2006

Peter Forsberg (concussion) said he felt better yesterday and was planning to ride the bike today at the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees with the intent of undergoing a neuropsychological test tomorrow. If he passes, he could play Saturday against Ottawa. "Hopefully, I can practice Friday," he said. "It's definitely better. First couple of days were tough."... Goalie Antero Niittymaki was given a day off.

Hmm, hmmm.. A couple of quick goals would really make my day,

Go :hlogo: go!

But now we have to fear MIKE YORK and ALEXEI ZHITNIK! :rolleyes:

:D if York is a key player tonight, look on De La Gauchetière after the game i'll be running quite bare...