The Habs music thread.

Athlétique.Canadien

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOCKEY by BEAU DOMMAGE.

It'll give a nice balance to the life of a hockey player.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Master of Puppets -- Metallica

Wow...

I've got a special live version of that song. It was recorded in Seattle in 1989. It starts off with "To Live is To Die" then shoots right in Master... Just shreding... My friends and I used to listen to the videoclip from that song before and after every playoff game of the 1993 Cup run...

More songs I can relate to the Habs:

The Final Countdown (Europe): Was a hit about the same time the 1986 Cup win... but then it got overused.

The Imperial March (Darth Vader theme): Too good...

Hallow Be Thy Name (Iron Maiden): was my Habs theme song for the 2002 playoffs

Mouth for War (Pantera): How can't you be pumped listening to that song?

By the way, I can't listen to any AC/DC song now because its been so overused in every goddamn sports movie. When I hear "Thunderstruck" now, I think of The Waterboy... ugh...

Edited by KoZed

how about for whom the bell tolls by Metallica?? best song habs play bare none

great song indeed.

man your sig is awesome but carbonneau seems to be enjoying gainey a bit too much :lol:

great song indeed.

man your sig is awesome but carbonneau seems to be enjoying gainey a bit too much :lol:

lol yeah thanks! took me about 2 hours to do it! i just starting messing with Photoshop...i had asked the guy habsrock ( ithink) but refused...but as time goes ill improve

"Beethovan" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra is a good entrance song, I've noticed a few teams who use it on occasion.

And you can't go wrong with "Christmas Eve in Sarajevo" (which is also by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra) during the Holiday Season.

And the best song for the last minutes of the game has to be "The Final Countdown"

And you can't go wrong with "Christmas Eve in Sarajevo" (which is also by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra) during the Holiday Season.

That song was actually recorded by Savatage, on an album called Dead Winter Dead. Most of the guys in TSO were in Savatage as well. It's weird because Chris Caffery said that everyone seems to like that song when TSO plays it, but they hate Savatage, who wrote it.

Edited by RobRock

wellllllll................. since i don't listen to the radio much anymore (any station)... i'm not aware of the ever-changing best group/singer out there so........ i'll have to stay with stuff of my generation.........

how about 'SWINGIN' THE JUNEBUG JIVE'? or 'LOVE MY ZOOT SUIT AND I'LL LOVE YOU TOO' or 'AIN'T CHARLESTON FINE IN THE EARLY MORNIN' SUNSHINE' or, my favourite of all, 'SKIP TO ME, MY LOO, 23 SKIDOO'?

I JUST LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE THOSE! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

CHECK THEM OUT ON ALLMUSIC.COM - great stuff!

GO :hlogo: GO!

That song was actually recorded by Savatage, on an album called Dead Winter Dead. Most of the guys in TSO were in Savatage as well. It's weird because Chris Caffery said that everyone seems to like that song when TSO plays it, but they hate Savatage, who wrote it.

I didn't realize that song dated back to their Savatage days. I've known about Savatage for quite awhile, from reading the TSO bio info, but I can't find any of their CDs in any library. I'd like to check them out before I plop down money to get an album.

im so sick of that U2 song, its embarassing we still have it playing after every song. They need to change it up, you a song thats crazy (which I guess vertigo kinda is, but different) .

Some stuff I just thought of would be maybe a cut from "ballroom blitz", daft punk - 'da funk" or there's a lot of daft punk stuff thats catchy and not so "hardcore" it would turn off people. I think a wicked one would be "Carouselambra" by Led Zeppelin. Soemthing more rockish could be "Kickstart my Heart" by teh crue.

For a habs album you would need to put "saturday night" by whigfield since they used to play it so much. "Start me up" by the stones, classic game starter. Also how bout some classics like the organ songs, hava nagila, or les canadiens sont la!

Wow...

I've got a special live version of that song. It was recorded in Seattle in 1989. It starts off with "To Live is To Die" then shoots right in Master... Just shreding... My friends and I used to listen to the videoclip from that song before and after every playoff game of the 1993 Cup run...

More songs I can relate to the Habs:

The Final Countdown (Europe): Was a hit about the same time the 1986 Cup win... but then it got overused.

The Imperial March (Darth Vader theme): Too good...

Hallow Be Thy Name (Iron Maiden): was my Habs theme song for the 2002 playoffs

Mouth for War (Pantera): How can't you be pumped listening to that song?

By the way, I can't listen to any AC/DC song now because its been so overused in every goddamn sports movie. When I hear "Thunderstruck" now, I think of The Waterboy... ugh...

Hollow be thy name is a good 1.. check out cradle of filth's version ;)

ooh oh I got a good one Orion by Metallica. No speaking just the awesome guitars and drums.

As far as Metallica instrumental's go, i prefer The Call of Khtulu to Orion...

Hey, how about "Seek and Destroy", that'd be a good hockey song! :P

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Queen- We are the champions. Other greats would be Thus Spake Zarustra- theme from Space Oddessy and Turkish Song of the Dammed - The Pogues

BTW: I agree that Gary Gliiter is a disgusting human being, but since when does a person being a criminal lead to their songs getting banned? If we follow that logic most rap music would have to be banned. Hmmmm... in that case maybe you're on to something B)

As far as Metallica instrumental's go, i prefer The Call of Khtulu to Orion...

Hey, how about "Seek and Destroy", that'd be a good hockey song! :P

that song would be sick...or how about fight fire with fire!