Game Thread | Montreal vs. Boston | 12/23/06

Spider-Man NL

no your misunderstanding what I'm saying. Ryder was beat in the play so he used his stick to try to get ahead. Hence the football analogy of me getting beat by a defensive end and I resort to holding.

just tried to lift his stick - absolutely standard, happens 10000 times a game. problem is, he missed.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no your misunderstanding what I'm saying. Ryder was beat in the play so he used his stick to try to get ahead. Hence the football analogy of me getting beat by a defensive end and I resort to holding.

Lifting the stick is a part of the game. If you watch hockey, you see it all the time. Plus it doesn't tick people off as much as using your stick to pin the other guy's stick to the playing surface. I've taken quite a few punches in the side when I used to do that to people standing in front of my net in floor hockey.

I just got back. Missed the third but it seems I didn't miss much. :angry:

The Bruins outplayed them, and the refs certainly didn't help matters.

again... what's the bruins/canadiens record so far this year?

i have the impression that it tilts in boston's favour...

GO :hlogo: GO!

All of us could have done without those. :angry:

yup...

Lucky Troll, lucky troll.. hmmm..

i hope bth videos the 'capital punishment' of the little guy...

it would easily make one of those youtube top videos

'torch the troll!!!'

again... what's the bruins/canadiens record so far this year?

i have the impression that it tilts in boston's favour...

As of tonight, it's 2-2.

Oct. 26: MTL 3 – BOS 2

Dec. 4: BOS 6 – MTL 5

Dec. 12: BOS 3 – MTL 4

Tonight: MTL 2 – BOS 4

Bruins have a one goal edge 15-14

What a travesty, it should had been 3-3 :angry::angry::angry::angry:

The habs no goal in the second was clearly good - it's the Bruins player who pushed Kovalev in the net

Bruins goal on the PP should have never counted, the Bs highsticked Rivet a few seconds before and the play was never stopped.

These days the only way to beat the habs is to have the ref on your side. I hope you enjoy your underserved victory Boston :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Well I was at the game tonight, there were a lot of Habs fans there.

What disappointed me tonight!

1. Garth Murray although he only played about 5 1/2 minutes he is so inferior or Maxim Lapierre it is insane.

2. Craig Rivet was beaten countless pucks all night long and was on for 3 of the Bruins four goals.

3. Alex Kovalev and his 8 penalty minutes and his work which resulted in the disallowed goal.

4. Mike Komisarek led the team in shots. THAT CAN NOT HAPPEN. He does not get power play time, is not a forward, the next highest player had 2.

What I was impressed with.

1. Kovalev's willingness to play hard sure he got that penalty on that "Bonk Goal" but at least he is trying. (note I contradict myself)

2. Michael Ryder as a penalty killer, wow has he ever improved his game.

3. Tim Thomas was incredible. The Habs had an amazing start and dominated the beginning of the game Montreal had 5 GREAT scoring chances in the first 10 minutes but Thomas was always there.

Well JMMR, i got a better Rivet stat for you, He has been on the ice for 5 out of the last 6 goals. The game has clearly passed him by, no wheels. Obviously the Habs took an early Xmas vacation, they only showed up the first 10 minutes, then mailed in the effort after that. Huet was very soft as well. I don't have a problem with them losing, it happens and will happen again, just show up and play hard, smart and physical hockey. I'm hoping they'll come out strong after the break and put more wins on the board.

I can only assume Carbo will have them ready.

The habs no goal in the second was clearly good - it's the Bruins player who pushed Kovalev in the net

Bruins goal on the PP should have never counted, the Bs highsticked Rivet a few seconds before and the play was never stopped.

Ya, this is the second or third game this year where the refs basically determined the fate of the game. If the ref calls the highstick when Murray makes the "5 on 4" a "5 on 3" by taking Rivet out of the play, you have a whole new game. The interference call on Kovy would have been tough to call. Mara didn't hit him too hard, and Kovy fell like a ton of bricks.

The Habs still loooked weak though. The PP was weak and passes were bad. Rivet has a piano tied to his ass and Komi got burned at a critical moment. Oh well, you gotta lose sometime I guess.