Game Thread | Canadiens vs Capitals | 12/27/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well I'm signing off.. this was a heck of a slow night. Everyone from the habs to this site; everyones on christmas break I guess.

This was a game that we did not deserve to win; but Huet did! Thanks to Lats and Downey???! yes the third and fourth lines won this game for us.

I guess thats what you need to make it the distance in this league; we need to win game in every way possible.

GO habs GO and Goodnight habsworld! Thanks for a fun night at the good ol' HOckEY gamE!

Odd, Washington had more energy than us for most of the night but they make way too many defensive mistakes for their own good. With a bit more oppurtunism and w/o stellar goaltending on WSH end, it would had been a complete blowout.

i watched the game on a 42 inch plasma tv in hd...was amazing...too bad the commentors were absolute idiots...really pissed me off...must of been the auxiliares...didnt seem to know the habs all that much

that's what the RDS commentators said. He was angry by the amount of penalties so late in the game.

The penalties against Montreal seemed to be legit enough, but the refs seemed to turn a blind eye toward Washington's infractions - maybe that's why Carbonneau was angry. I think Rivet went off the deep end after being hit high with a stick, Ryder was definitely hit in the head with a stick in the Washington zone, and there was a blatant obstruction against Montreal just before Bonk picked up his penalty.

Anyway, a win is a win. A good job was done in neutralizing Ovechkin, Huet was big when he needed to be, the Captain played well, and they earned the road win. If Ryder and Higgins had finished a couple of the chances they normally do, it would have been a lopsided victory.

Keep rollin', boys.

This was a game that we did not deserve to win; but Huet did! Thanks to Lats and Downey???! yes the third and fourth lines won this game for us.

You really think? I was watching on and off all night and I thought we played pretty well. We didn't blow them out, but not every game will be a blow-out...

Sorry guys this may be a lil off topic, okay maybe alott :D but is anyone doing the game threads for the IIHF tournament?

sorry again :(

GOO HABS GOOOO!!!

I do not believe anyone is doing individual GDT.