All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. 2019 NHL Offseason Thread

Hahah, isn’t Plek married to a pro tennis player? I remember in the past that was one of the ways plek stayed nimble over the summer. Bet he’s nearly pro level at tennis
  3. Yesterday
  4. 2019 NHL Offseason Thread

It's a cap/roster issue. They need everything they have left for Barbashev and they also will want to give Kyrou more of a look next season.
  5. 2019 NHL Offseason Thread

That’s a nice pickup for a stacked team..
  6. 2019 NHL Offseason Thread

Pat Maroon signs in Tampa, 1 year, $900 000. Shocked St Louis didn't keep him at that cost.
  7. Who do the Habs take in the 2019 draft?

No hesitation at all and no hesitation turning down the trade to move 2 spots. Obviously they really wanted Caulfield with that pick. Really enjoyed the behind the scenes video, thanks for sharing.
  8. Who do the Habs take in the 2019 draft?

Boldy also could have been one of the three guys, as we don't know when in the draft it was said "we have three guys left and need florida to take the goalie" but considering the math.... It would have had to have been said before the Minnesota pick, as Minnesota, Florida and Philly taking 1 each of their 3 guys would have left them with none.
  9. 2019 NHL Offseason Thread

Lehkonen goaded his old mentor Plekanec into tennis matches and the wily Czech smoked the youngster.
  10. Didnt seem much hesitation by Churla-Timmins etc on taking Caufield over the 2 centres Krebs-Newhook.
  11. Who do the Habs take in the 2019 draft?

When Timmins said they had three guys left.... and needed Florida to take the goalie I think their three guys were York Caufield and Newhook They didn't want to move down two spots to Vegas' pick... so one of their three guys was gone (if they still had 3 they liked, they could have moved two spots), that means one of the three has to be York. When the pick is up... they are still choosing between two guys cause Timmins and Churla have a discussion and opt to go with Caufield. The third guy is either Newhook or Krebs IMO, but I think its Newhook due to Krebs injury.
  12. Who do the Habs take in the 2019 draft?

Too bad it's almost entirely about Cole Caufield and doesn't give is anything from the 2nd day of the draft, but I guess last year's vid gave up too much info for their liking. Edit: Apparently some people are trying to piece together the Habs draft list from the footage of Bergevin. Habs had Caufield 10th, Sieder 11th. Also Vegas tried to trade for 15th OA gor 17 and a 3rd round pick. Glad Timmins shut that down without hesitation.
  13. Bit of behind the scenes at draft. https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/video/behind-the-scenes-2019-nhl-draft/t-277624088/c-68725603
  14. Last week
  15. Permanent Rumour Thread

High Qc taxes have me being frugal more and more lolllll I want give less anywhere these days for fair value (expand edit) Connor I think might be a good fit too. Man can play C/W sounds good. Laine got the badman Shot but from what I saw (last year the few WIN game I saw), Connor seems to have a bit more sand paper (heart) in in his game. With whatever it might cost less, I take Connor if I can swing a deal between the 2
  16. Permanent Rumour Thread

I'm not sure that Connor would be all that much less expensive than Laine.
  17. Permanent Rumour Thread

Sry if that came across as a 1v1 trade, I would imagine WIN would want something else with Drouin but I also think it would be less then what they would want with Drouin for Laine. I just don't know what MB would have to give up in that trade or even if it would take a 3rd team to make it happen
  18. Permanent Rumour Thread

One year, $1.2 million. That's way less than I thought he'd get. Nice pickup for them at that price.
  19. Permanent Rumour Thread

Is like comparing Apples-Oranges, players arnt in same ballpark. Connor 75g 123pts in 1st 2 years.
  20. Permanent Rumour Thread

Apparently the Isles are most likely.
  21. Permanent Rumour Thread

how about a trade where we send Drouin for Connor? What would that look like?
  22. Permanent Rumour Thread

100% If you can build a trade around Drouin being the main piece you do it. I like Drouin and still think he can be a impact player but like we all know Laine could become a superstar. Domi I’m definitely very hesitant though.
  23. Permanent Rumour Thread

Well, if by some miracle the Jets are (a) dumb enough to trade Laine and (b) dumb enough to prefer Drouin over Domi, why, we should be all over that like Ron Hextall on Chris Chelios.
  24. Permanent Rumour Thread

By the time Domi gets to RFA the cap will have gone up. The Jets will also be out from Kulikov's 4.3 million which is an over pay and can be replaced cheaper. Lets say they replace him at the same level. 3 of those forwards will make a total of under 3 million. Probably closer to 2.5 or 2.6, but lets say 3. They'd have 14.5 million + cap increase in 2020 for both Domi and Connor. Not an issue. The jets are in win now mode. They want talent.
  25. Permanent Rumour Thread

17.5 million and 5 forwards to sign. 2 of them "want" 10+ mill each. Domi will get 8 if he can repeat LY success. Maybe it is Drouin and his affordable 5 million. he and Ehlers can re unite. Nonetheless I'd have to believe 5+ million would be the max salary going the other way
  26. Permanent Rumour Thread

Agreed... gotta get that Superstar scorer if you can.. Kots can slide up to the 2nd line role..
  27. Permanent Rumour Thread

Its a tough deal, and if we didn't have the centre depth in Kotkaniemi, Danault, Poehling, Suzuki, I'd say no cause we've looked for a #1 centre for so long. but I think I would do it at the end of the day. Its just hard to trade the centre for the winger, but hey Laine is better long-term I'd say (even though Domi had more points last season).
  28. Permanent Rumour Thread

Yeah, much as I love Domi, Laine is a potential superstar. You make that deal.
  1. Load more activity