All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Not exactly happy they won, but Suzy got his 30th and Slaf's streak is still going, so I have to like that. Wild, Arber with 3 Flyers. I loved what he said: "you don't want this, you don't want it" I tend to disagree with that because Umberger wrecked the Habs in the 3rd round once and they won in the 1st rnd in the Covid playin year. I believe there is another series with Carter and Richards and possibly 1 more too. The Habs worst playoff record this century is against what team? The Flyers are my answer to that Q. I loved TSN's 3 Stars of the Game:
  3. I hadn't realized that Suzuki has more goals than McDavid this year. Of course Connor has a few more assists.
  4. At least Ottawa won and Winnipeg lost. Now if Winnipeg goes out in the 1st 2 rounds then that pick might be half decent. Their 1st round matchup will be really tough as it doesn't look like they win the division now.
  5. Based on the Sportsnet recap - which includes hilariously “homer” commentary by the Flyers broadcasting crew - this seems to have been a solid win. Too bad they couldn’t get Primeau a shutout. He seems to just keep rolling along, eh?
  6. You bring back some sweet memories. LOL The McDonagh/Gomez trade is still a head scratcher. Sather: Bob, if you give me your best young defense prospect, I will let you have my worst contract. I know he makes 7.3M/year but he is a nice skater. Bob: Sounds good. Why don't I throw in Chris Higgins as well. I know he only scored 12 goals last year but he scored 20+ the previous 3 years and he plays both ends of the ice. Sather: Let me think about that. OK, you got a deal. Happy to help you out Bob. WTF That trade in a salary cap world still boggles my mind.
  7. If we're picking up two points I want 4+ goals, so nice stat padding with those empty netters.
  8. Yes, but how many GMs have two howlers on that scale on their resume? The amazing thing to me is that Savard won a Cup AFTER throwing away a Norris-calibre defenceman for a guy who got scratched in the playoffs. That he could pull that off is a testament to the strength of the organization he managed. Between the Chelios/LeClair/Roy/McDonagh/Sergachev trades, I'm pretty sure the Habs have a disproportionately outsized history of disastrous deals over the past 40 years.
  9. That is true. After this 3 game winning streak they are not far behind, Seattle and Calgary.
  10. Hope other teams like him too ... he is likely HuGo's preferred trade bait this summer (***if*** a D is traded) with Matheson, Guhle, and Xhekaj ahead of him currently (on the left-side), and the "great offensive hope" Hutson joining the organization soon ... by next summer they may be willing to part with Matheson if the youngsters progress ... they will also have a better idea of where/if Struble, Bogdan Konyushkov and Adam Engstrom fit into the mix for 25/26 and beyond (assuming none are traded) ... a further complication is the possibility that they take another D in a defenceman deep draft in June. EDIT (1): clarified above that I was talking about the LHD EDIT (2): Forgot Harris, he is likely (I-M-O) in a dead heat with Struble EDIT (3): Forgot that Bogdan Konyushkov is a RHD BAD night for the old brain cells
  11. Struble is a solid player. Having a strong game but not the first time I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him.
  12. If they continue to rack up points, 9th / 10th might not be entirely out of the question.
  13. My surprise with Tuch was more so with the "sign him soon" if they have any plan(s) for the contract slots before July 1st ... I agree he is a player who may well be better suited to the pros ... my guess is 3rd liner is his ceiling, solid 4th liner a decent likelihood.
  14. Yesterday
  15. Mid 2nd period - Lane Hutson 1g1a , up 3-1 Sam Harris 0pts 3 shots in Denver's 2-1 win
  16. Criag's list is up. Surprised at Catton at 15 but again the rankings have been all over the place. Has Dickinson, Helenius and Eiserman at 6,7 and 8 which is likely where the Habs draft. Craig’s List: Russian winger Ivan Demidov soars to No. 2 behind Macklin Celebrini | TSN
  17. I think the only GM's out there that have never made a bad trade are GM's that are either: 1) fairly new to the job 2) have never taken a chance
  18. Correct! My bad. Savard was actually a very good GM, but that trade and the Chelios one -which was even worse - are huge blots on his copybook.
  19. You are right, it was that drooling jabbernowl Savard that made the Leclair trade. Houle became GM later in 1995.
  20. I think it was Serge Savard that traded for Recchi though....
  21. Annual game with my 6yo. I want a win... but I don't want the points in the standings
  22. OHL playoffs fire up today. March 28 games Owen Sound Attack at Saginaw Spirit 7:05 pm - OHL First Round (best-of-7) Cédrick Guindon - Owen Beck - https://habsprospects.com/
  23. Tuch is a player whose style is better for the pros than college. They'd be crazy not to try to sign him. He's a legitimate NHL prospect, albeit a low ceiling. Kapanen - I don't think he'll be in Finland. He'll either go to the SHL (one team is believed to be ready to make an offer) which is a bit of a stronger league or North America. Biondi is a forward, not a d-man. Also, while it wasn't mentioned in the article, he opted for a fifth college season last week so the deadline doesn't apply to him.
  24. Yeah I hated Hextal and Billy Smith because of their shenanigans. They both exploited the “can’t touch the goalie” rule. I wished they’d both get knocked out.
  1. Load more activity