All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

Ya, seems like that will be the case.
  3. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

Playing 3 years in college allowed Poehling to mature physically. He is ready. I will be very surprised if he doesn't make the team. Suzuki and Brook will most likely spend some time in Laval.
  4. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

If bergevin adds a forward, he adds a guy who is a PP threat. He could be any position... but hes gonna need a PP threat. Byron, drouin, lehkonen can all play both wings so wing doesnt matter. If your addition is lw, then one of those moves to rw.
  5. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

Yes. I expect him to get a chance to fill shaws spot.
  6. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

Lehkonen has played RW in the past too, right?
  7. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

Dude got jacked
  8. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

Tatar already has a needed spot so moving him does not help. Byron is "fine" but we need an upgrade there. Perhaps Pheolling takes third line C, move Kman up to 2nd line and Domi on the wing? We definitely need a LD but I don't see how you can be happy with our current top 6 forwards
  9. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

Byron has a 20g season and then on pace for 22g last year and Tatar can play either wing, no big hole there.
  10. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

I agree that the left D is a pressing need but I don't see how you look at our right wingers and think that is fine. Byron and Armia are 3rd line guys but we will have one of them playing ont he second line unless something changes
  11. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

Yes, dont need another forward, but do 'need' a LH d-man.
  12. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

I can almost guarantee right wing is not a priority for Bergevin, nor should it be.
  13. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

We all know that we need a solid upgrade at LD and top 6 forward (right winger or upgrade at centre). I want MB to address at least one of our needs if not both. My question is what are we willing to give up to get that upgrade? Drouin seems to be part of the new "Ryder, Halak and a 2nd" proposals that we keep seeing but Drouin alone is not going to get us the upgrade that we really need. Our current line up: Tatar - Danault - Gallagher Drouin - Domi - Byron Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia Cousins - Thompson - Weal Peca Hudon Mete - Weber Chiarot - Petry Kulak - Folin/Juulsen Reilly Notable prospects: Suzuki Phoelling Romanov Caufield Brook Primeau Fleury I think that our defense needs help on the left side but when I look at our right wingers I am even more concerned. What can we realistically give up that will get us the return we need?
  14. Yesterday
  15. 2019 NHL Offseason Thread

Kotkaniemi and Armia played in a charity game in Pori this past week -- Kotkaniemi skated on the same line with his father and grandfather. And assisted on a goal by his grandfather on Jussi Rynnas. (His father got the second assist.)
  16. Hi not sure why their isn't anyway to delete your own account but please delete my account.
  17. Permanent Rumour Thread

26* 🙂
  18. Permanent Rumour Thread

Those decades go by faster than you might think!
  19. Permanent Rumour Thread

Exactly. The complaints are all focused on missing the playoffs, they don't take into account the context. The young players on the team were a driving force in the improvement. At the same time the prospect pool improved to top 5 in the NHL. I'm happier with that, then if the Habs had been driven by older players, made the playoffs and got eliminated quickly.
  20. Permanent Rumour Thread

The Radulov off season was two years ago. We made some a terrible decisions and it was obvious that we didn’t have a chance at the cup because we left 8 million in cap space on the table. I’m not a negative fan, but I made posts on here about how that off season was the first off season in my life that I knew we didn’t have a chance to win the cup. Of course we haven’t won the cup in 26* years, but I had more hope in general until the off season of 2017. Last year we again left cap space on the table but I’ll admit that the team definitely improved from the season before. Last year’s off season which is the season you are referring to was not as bad as two years ago. I think letting both Markov and Radulov were mistakes individually, but letting Radulov walk was the bigger mistake. I use “mistake” loosely as I’ll admit Radulov chose to leave to a place with lower taxes as well. He’s one of the best Russians to ever play the game though, and we let him walk.
  21. Permanent Rumour Thread

I think there is support for Bergevin because he has done a much better job the last year or so of starting to turn things around. He has built the prospect pool to the point where it is one of the better ones in the NHL. Sure he made some bonehead moves in his earlier years as a GM but he seems to have learned his lesson. I am much more supportive of MB than I was a couple years ago.
  22. Permanent Rumour Thread

I was one of those Habs fans that mindlessly got excited last season and I make no apologies for it. I am a Habs fan so I am excited to see them improving. I am excited about the kids coming up. I don't get excited when we overpay for free agents. Does anyone really know how much it would have cost to keep Radulov?
  23. Permanent Rumour Thread

This forum actually really surprises me with the support of Bergevin. 3 of the last 4 season, no playoffs, yet still we hope for the best. Hard to knock optimism, but is it false...
  24. Permanent Rumour Thread

Asinine decisions, but the Habs fanbase showed its true colours the following season, mindlessly getting excited about a team that missed the playoffs. There is no need for accountability and therefore no reason to excel.
  25. Permanent Rumour Thread

Not signing Radulov was a terrible decision too. He was a driving force on this team's offense and literally the only forward to show up in the playoffs. Bergevin let a top line winger walk because of a million dollar difference in Radulov's salary
  1. Load more activity