All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. 2019 Memorial Cup

That Halifax goalie is huge.
  3. 2019 Memorial Cup

4-2 final for Halifax. Lavoie with a nice SH goal, Suzuki had to settle for the single assist in spite of ten shots on goal.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Permanent Rumour Thread

Yeah, it might work. But it's a big risk, even if he still has the skills, he might never get his confidence back, and you really don't know until you are well into the season, especially for backup goaltender (see Niemi for an example).
  6. 2019 Memorial Cup

Halifax has the early 1-0 lead over Guelph -- but Suzuki already has four shots on goal in the first ten minutes of the game!
  7. Permanent Rumour Thread

Assuming it's entirely a mental issue, offseason therapy did wonders for Lehner.
  8. 2019 Memorial Cup

But we expect more than just what is expected!
  9. Permanent Rumour Thread

I'm not. He was dreadful even in the minors and he left the team midseason; I'm not sure he's even with the team for the playoffs. They went and added Dustin Tokarski in a post-NHL trade deadline loan to replace him. I wouldn't be shocked if his career is over.
  10. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

+1 for reffing Kordic trade (fe real! fe real!!!), my Fav All Time!!!!
  11. 2019 Memorial Cup

Seeme like Suzuki and Teasdale played about 'as expected'.
  12. 2019 NHL Playoffs

Bruins are a juggernaut now because they peaked at the perfect time. Their cup to lose and I don't see anyone stopping them.
  13. Permanent Rumour Thread

Bit surprised they aren't giving him another season to try to turn it around.
  14. Hey everyone. My friend has a custom made Habs Poker Table for sale. No idea how to get this out there advertised in the community but hoping some of you may have some contacts. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1434627503&siteLocale=en_CA Located in Chilliwack, British Columbia and would definitely assist with moving options. It is very heavy and takes up a lot of space. Cheers
  15. Last week
  16. 2019 Memorial Cup

That's a solid opening game for Guelph, they are looking good for the tournament.
  17. 2019 Memorial Cup

Suzuki had 5 shots through 2 periods.. most in the game.
  18. 2019 Memorial Cup

5-2 Guelph at the end of two, and Suzuki now on the board with a goal from a nice tic-tac passing play with Durzi.
  19. 2019 Memorial Cup

4-1 now
  20. 2019 Memorial Cup

3-1 for Guelph over Royun-Noranda at the end of the first period. The shots are only 9-6 for the Storm but they have controlled the play for much of the period. And Toropchenko scored a natural hat trick, three goals in the span of 7:23. Some nice plays by Suzuki but nothing on the scoresheet yet.
  21. 2019 Memorial Cup

He had nice assist on 1st goal and yes he is tall with long reach, so stands out. I think they said he has upped his game and is playing better than reg season, more intense or consistent. https://lastwordonhockey.com/2019/04/13/raphael-lavoie-scouting-report/ Seems to like to set up in same area, top left circle as many RH snipers do for the one-timer. Many rankings have him in Habs range for sure, but given size and playoff scoring i wonder if likely gone by 15th pick? A big french kid would make the local HabFans a bit more excited and bit more size up front probably wouldnt hurt.
  22. 2019 Memorial Cup

Lavoie looked like a man against boys in this one.
  23. 2019 Memorial Cup

Fonstad 1a in loss.
  24. 2019 NHL Playoffs

Social media like Twitter is less than 10% of the total fan base, its not a representative sample of fans.
  25. 2019 Memorial Cup

All done for tonight, 4-1 Halifax. An impressive game by the Moose, who sneaked into the tournament as the home team (although they did make the QMJHL finals).
  26. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

I think Maatta's weakness is acceleration rather than the ultimate speed -- quickness, if you will. He's still got good speed but needs a few extra strides to get going. I would agree on Gardiner and Edler as primary targets, or maybe Karlsson. Beyond those, it really becomes a question of who is offered up for trading, and on what terms.
  27. Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

The magic beans are nice, and we would not give anything up. But is Sekera good enough to spend $4M of cap on? He was pretty reliable for a long time, but then he injured his ACL and then achilles tendon (or the other way around?) and averaged only 30 games per season for the last two. And it seems his level of play dropped off, too, in those two abbreviated seasons. But I have never really followed him, so this is just based on a couple of basic stats.
  1. Load more activity