All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'm not rooting for Roy. While he was a superb player for the Habs, ultimately he put himself ahead of the team and left. It wasn't all him, but the decision was his. Had he stayed, we might have won another Cup. I understand the situation, so I'm not holding a grudge, but neither am I going to root for him.
  3. Longer shot for certain ... but Alexei Zhitnik, Joe Juneau and Steve Kasper were 81st overall picks ... Brian Gionta and Adam Henrique were 82nd ... and Matthew Barnaby and Matt Murray were 83rd overall picks ... so, there is always HOPE.
  4. Today
  5. I like this chart mapping all probabilities leading to a cup final:
  6. Eiserman & Cole Hutson (2nd/3rd rounder) will be 2 to watch from USA U-18
  7. They have him at 81st, so a NHL long shot depth player am assuming. 81. Aatos Koivu, C — TPS (U20 SM-Sarja) Anni Karvinen – Aatos Koivu is a strong-skating center that has had a steep development curve during the season. He is physically quite raw which partly explains why he flew under the radar for so long. Koivu possesses a plus tool in his shot that he likes to fire frequently, especially from the half-wall. He also has a quite good hockey sense especially in the offensive zone where he is good at making himself available as an option to pass the puck to. He can play responsible two-way hockey and he’s already developed some mature habits like good scanning.
  8. Yes, I took it to assume both, trading or drafting.
  9. Believe it was also referring to trade targets.
  10. For my part, I couldn't care less about the whole "Canadian Cup" thing. Two of my most hated teams - Great Satan Toronto and minor irritant Ottawa - are Canadian. And I'd prefer that US teams win lots of Cups than that they win anything, ever. I'm indifferent to Winnipeg (but dislike Scheifle for his savage assault on Evans); and I don't like Calgary because they are from Calgary. Now EDM is OK because of McDavid and their history of winning with speed and talent. Van I've discussed above. So other than mild support for Van, my attitude to the other teams ranges from indifference to bile-spewing loathing. That said, I'm no enthusiast of these soulless American expansion markets. But we do see them win an awful lot. Carolina has iced multiple generations of contenders since coming into the league, while the Habs have not built a sustained contender once during that span. My general expectation in Bettman's NHL the Cup usually goes to the most soulless franchise possible. So by that logic, Dallas will win this year. Further thoughts on the Canucks series: 1. When Demko went down, the general tone was defiance: "hey, they have a winning record with DeSmith, etc." I told everyone that that was crap and that the Canucks are done. So far, so "good" for my prognostication skills...unfortunately. 2. Nashville plays exactly like the Jacques Martin Habs did. Collapse around the net, block shots like crazy, rely on opportunistic offence. Very frustrating to play against. 3. Mike McCarron has been doing a shockingly good job of neutralizing JT Miller, from what I can see. 4. Noah Julsuun was the worst player on the ice in Game 2. A cardinal example of the old saw about a team's weakest link being what ultimately defines its success or failure.
  11. That makes perfect sense as almost all of their good young defensemen and forwards shoot left. They would be less likely to draft a guy like Lindstrom and more likely to draft a Levshunov.
  12. An important factor to take into account when considering any trade proposals involving Anaheim In terms of the draft ... Leshunov, Helenius or Parekh might fit the bill ... unless he means players already in the NHL.
  13. After my Go Leafs Go over the Bruins, here is another very unpopular opinion of mine. Out of these two options, which one would you pick ? A) Habs win the Cup in 2028. Until then, Oilers, Jets and Canucks all win a Cup as well. B) Habs win the Cup in 2028. In the meantime, any USA based teams win all the Cups until 2028. I pick A) all day.
  14. Did Aatos Koivu move in the rankings since Christmas ?
  15. Agree. I'd be sorely tempted to make that trade, for sure.
  16. I’m rooting for the two most u likely teams, and also for Roy. Otherwise, don’t care for either of those franchises. have plenty of reasons to not root for the favourites and we’ll, basically every other team😁 Can’t root for Kreider, the Canes, oilers (no too many oilers fan who would be rubbing it in for years and I want the Habs to be the last ad next CDN team to win). Same logic with Canucks and jets. I also want the jets to get knocked out early, so our pick is higher! Leafs - hell no! Ditto with Bruins! Don’t any MB to get a cup with Kings. Too many players pick Florida teams, Dallas and Vegas for the weather and tax advantage - so screw them all! Don’t mind Avs, but they should have taken Allen and given us a third, so screw them! Washington is hopeless and not really a playoff team anyways.
  17. Cant say i ever considered it, would always pull for Canadian teams, aside from Leafs (which havent threatened forever anyways). Go Bruins!
  18. I was happy when Caufield was picked and i guess this guy is supposedly a similar-type sniper, but not hoping Habs pick him. Prelim games U18s start tomorrow, TSN i think is airing Canada games. Iginla & Greentree i guess are 2 top prospects playing. Not sure who is on USA/Sweden Schedule and Scores - 2024 IIHF U18 World Championship (hockeycanada.ca)
  19. I’m with you, rooting for a Nashville-islander final
  20. What a game by Colorado Screw you Nashville I can’t stand old, slow Washington Battle of Florida is boring I hope Boston crushes the leafs tonight
  21. Absolutely, as I have said many times, fan is short for fanatic, absolutely no logic behind being a fan. You are either a Habs fan or you are not, there is no middle ground.
  22. A lot of folks are high on Buium. If Eiserman falls to 15 then the Habs should definitely try and trade up. Demidov seems to be #2 on a lot of lists now.
  23. These folks are high on Buium. Iginla just named to Canada's U-18 team and another chance to showcase his game. DobberProspects’ April Top-96 for the 2024 NHL Draft – DobberProspects
  24. I thought DeSmith did quite well this year but it turns out he didn’t. Simply when he faced the Habs. I still think they could win a round with him but their cup aspirations may indeed go out the window.
  25. I have to admit ... I am in the "Habs should be the next Canadian team to win the Cup" camp ... it isn't in any way logical ... but being a fan generally isn't.
  26. Canucks or Jets cup win would be great, to see either of them get a 1st cup... If not Go Oilers!
  27. Yesterday
  28. I have no idea why I actually like the Canucks but it might be because they are the only Canadian team that hasn’t offended me. Leafs, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa - I strongly dislike for one dumb reason or another but the Canucks are cool.
  1. Load more activity