Montreal at Buffalo 7 PM

Lovett's Magnatones

Call it a trap game. The future seems to be here for Montreal, who sit atop the Eastern Conference standings with a record of 16-6-1. Their thirty-three points are one point ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins who are at 32 points with two games in hand. Buffalo, on the other hand, is a team of the future. They stink. They know they stink. Their fans have hung a banner that reads "Embrace the Tank."

The Sabres might be the worst team any of us under the age of thirty can remember, but Coach T isn't taking them lightly:

“Every game is important. We approach every game with enthusiasm and with a serious nature. It won’t be any different on Friday night,” stressed Therrien. “Buffalo is a team that got back on track. They weren’t easy to play against the last time around. They’ve started to play solid hockey. It will be a good test.”

Well, I don't know if any of that is true, but the Sabres will get two bites at the apple in a home and home series. The Sabres feature two spurned Habs looking to do some damage. The Habs chose to move on from Josh Gorges and Brian Gionta over the summer, and they have only had success in the early going of the season. To enact their revenge, Gorges plans on dumping the puck in on the strong side of the net during and extended cycle while Gionta promises to blow at least one odd man rush with a weak wrist shot. Oh, the memories.

Lineups:

Montreal may ice the same lineup as Sunday when they faced off against the Rangers. In practice, Tom Gilbert lined up as the seventh defenseman, so he might be out. Eric Tangradi has been recalled, meaning the Habs not only have a real fourth liner, but someone who can pass as an NHLer, unlike Drayson Bowman. Add that to the fact that PA Parenteau practiced as a fourth forward on the PP yesterday, and we can guess that Gilbert will sit. No idea who starts in nets.

Buffalo is icing a collection of washed up veterans, players dying for the trade deadline and rookies.

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see how Tangradi does, this could be his big opportunity. Not televising it on tv here, so I will be at my desk.

:gohabsgo::wavetowel::gohabsgo:

Tangradi already seems to know what his role is; bang, crash and defend.

If he inflict some punishment, make Sabres d a bit twitchy, we should be happy.

Tangradi already seems to know what his role is; bang, crash and defend.

If he inflict some punishment, make Sabres d a bit twitchy, we should be happy.

Sabres brought some physical play last game vs Habs, we could use a little size up front.

All I can say is Go :habslogo: Go!

I predict a close-fought Habs victory (although I am hoping for a blowout). It would be nice if Tangradi was another of MB's under-rated acquisitions who outperforms the minimal expections most have for him.

I wish they'd go with Price back to back. He's well rested... (in theory)

Why does it matter?

Shouldn't a crap team like Sabres be prime for a back-up to play against?

I wish they'd go with Price back to back. He's well rested... (in theory)

Yes they should. If Markov,Gonchar,and Weaver (something 112 years old combined) can play back to back big minutes............a young Carey Price can handle the crease duties on consecutive nights against the pop gun offense of the worst team in the nhl....and ahl for that matter. :nuts:

Guest Stogey24

Yes they should. If Markov,Gonchar,and Weaver (something 112 years old combined) can play back to back big minutes............a young Carey Price can handle the crease duties on consecutive nights against the pop gun offense of the worst team in the nhl....and ahl for that matter. :nuts:

Haha

You do realize it takes a bit more out of a goalie than skaters to play a game.

But why would you really care if he plays both or not? Just to test Price or something?

Pretty sure most of starts are planed out ahead of time and why would they change?

In 1st place, not desperate for wins and with 4+months left in season to play.

Why does it matter?

Shouldn't a crap team like Sabres be prime for a back-up to play against?

Cuz Price is my G in my fantasy pool... nahmean ?

Seriously, there is always the good old debate about what kind of games the backup should play. Assuming that prices gets the top teams, it leaves Tokarski with :

"Easy" ones (Buffalo, injured Columbus, Florida, etc) and back to back games.

or

Middle pack teams when a W is not out of reach for a backup goalie.

I'm trending on the side of the 2nd option and some + the back to back games.

Crap team, IMO, is a great opportunity to play Price and get a "more easy" 2 pts.

Cuz Price is my G in my fantasy pool... nahmean ?

Seriously, there is always the good old debate about what kind of games the backup should play. Assuming that prices gets the top teams, it leaves Tokarski with :

"Easy" ones (Buffalo, injured Columbus, Florida, etc) and back to back games.

or

Middle pack teams when a W is not out of reach for a backup goalie.

I'm trending on the side of the 2nd option and some + the back to back games.

Crap team, IMO, is a great opportunity to play Price and get a "more easy" 2 pts.

don't bother with fantasy stuff; but, you could be correct and might be smarter to bank as many points as you can, early in season, while still mostly have a healthy roster?

You do realize it takes a bit more out of a goalie than skaters to play a game.

But why would you really care if he plays both or not? Just to test Price or something?

Pretty sure most of starts are planed out ahead of time and why would they change?

In 1st place, not desperate for wins and with 4+months left in season to play.

Yea i hear that. bet 21,000 paying customers want price in tomorrow night though