Mar. 30, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Damn, this is a game. Just the finish they need to avoid any potential carry over.

Good point LM.

I never like the Habs chances when they pull the goalie. To be successful this way, they need to keep possession of the puck, and the Habs are an anti-possession style team.

Permanently disposessed.

Good point LM.

Permanently disposessed.

Three quick ones and we're right back in it... :rofl:

Our system simply doesn't work against Tampa. The defense corp looks bad, the offense is non existant. If I was Therrien, I would be asking myself what I am missing. Obviously there are adjustments to be made.

Adjustments are not his style. Whether they are playing Tbay, Nashville, Buffalo or the Leafs ......the game plan leading up to every game is the same.

MT has two moves and they happen during a game, not before it.

1. Juggle the lines.

2. Shrink the bench.

Beaulieu-Subban :)

Would really like to see how they are as a pair for an extended period of time.

Guest Stogey24

Adjustments are not his style. Whether they are playing Tbay, Nashville, Buffalo or the Leafs ......the game plan leading up to every game is the same.

1. Juggle the lines.

2. Shrink the bench.

Beaulieu tees up Subban on goal, but then guess who gets put back together on the PP(Subban Markov). Just makes no sense.

Beaulieu had over 17min of ice time and looked really good.

Weise is officially in the dog house. 6min of ice time. His intensity level is what got him in trouble in Van. Hopefully he finds his way again

Beaulieu tees up Subban on goal, but then guess who gets put back together on the PP(Subban Markov). Just makes no sense.

Beaulieu had over 17min of ice time and looked really good.

Weise is officially in the dog house. 6min of ice time. His intensity level is what got him in trouble in Van. Hopefully he finds his way again

Fourth line rarely gets off the bench when the habs are playing from behind. Intensity level tough to keep up when you are sitting down all night.

Lightning forecheck has never changed all season. Two guys in right away , MT has never made an inch of adjustment to that. Assume he did not tonight. Missed the game.

They take the stretch pass away as well, but habs keep right on trying it. No adjustments on the fly has always been a problem for Therrien.

First time Habs swept is a season series of five or more games since 1983.

1. Juggle the lines.

2. Shrink the bench.

What are you talking about? Every single line and pairing going into the third was changed-and the adjustment worked.

This is the issue with posting negative statements three posts after you type you didn't watch the game!

What are you talking about? Every single line and pairing going into the third was changed-and the adjustment worked.

This is the issue with posting negative statements three posts after you type you didn't watch the game!

The line juggling and shrinking the bench comments were based on Therriens coaching strategies period.....not for just one game. Excuse me for not being clear. But in particular the five straight losses to Tbay.....where we gave up an average of 40 shots a night. ie.."no adjustments". Other than line juggling mid game.

Can't blame this loss on MT 30, Habs players did everything they could do to give it away in the second period dude, coach can't stop break aways.

Reffing was among the worst I've seen and the obstruction by Tampa was unreal, Habs got smacked again by the hand of Bettman if ya ask me, hard to have a good first period when you are short handed for half of it.

Players need to execute, they were like skating in mud.

I'm moving on... ;)

Can't blame this loss on MT 30, Habs players did everything they could do to give it away in the second period dude, coach can't stop break aways.

Reffing was among the worst I've seen and the obstruction by Tampa was unreal, Habs got smacked again by the hand of Bettman if ya ask me, hard to have a good first period when you are short handed for half of it.

Players need to execute.

I'm moving on... ;)

OK. Take your word on that one.

But i know who tbay and fans want in the play offs.

moving on ... :thumbs_up:

Looking at Cooper's comments after the game, you can tell that they were really up for this one, talking about the satisfaction of what they just accomplished. When asked, he wasn't referring to clinching a playoff spot but rather sweeping Montreal. The Habs will need to find similar motivation should they meet in the second round in the playoffs.

5 more practice games...come on playoffs!

Waited a bit too long to wake up and that 4 minute penalty was killer, more shots in 3rd than first 2 period combined.

Pateryn only Habs to be -2, but he and Emelin had 9 hits.

Good to see Galchenyuk had 4 shots, need more of that from him.

PP is now 24th, which is better.

Subban match's career high in goals (14) and best's his most points (54).

Will Tokarsi play Thurs or Friday?

The line juggling and shrinking the bench comments were based on Therriens coaching strategies period.....not for just one game.

You're right about that, and Therrien admitted after the game that they didn't have a specific gameplan for any of the Tampa games. But i'm okay with that. They came with a different look versus Tampa last year and they were shell shocked.

However, in the third period the minor adjustments Therrien made had a dramatic effect. For the first time I can remember.

For the playoffs, if they should play, the Habs need to pick. They can either play dump and chase with one forechecker and four in the neutral zone a la Boston vs Pittsburgh, or they can open it up.

Their system isn't working vs Tampa. They keep ringing the puck around the boards and Tampa beats them to the puck. Every frigging time. Anton Stralman ate the Habs up last night. Stralman!

I would say that Tampa's system is pretty gimmicky. They play firewagon hockey, like Carbo in 2007-2008. Two man forecheck, stretch pass, kill it on the PP and at home. Four men in the neutral zone stops them from going up the middle pretty quick. I think Boston bounces them in the first round. But at this point, I wouldn't bet on MTL in the first round, and unless they make a dramatic system adjusment, they'll be out in 6 versus Tampa in the second round.

Looking at Cooper's comments after the game, you can tell that they were really up for this one, talking about the satisfaction of what they just accomplished. When asked, he wasn't referring to clinching a playoff spot but rather sweeping Montreal. The Habs will need to find similar motivation should they meet in the second round in the playoffs.

That's just it. We know what Tampa is going to look like in the playoffs. They can only give so much I have some faith that MTL can find another level.

The one guy who needs to step it up versus Tampa is Carey Price. He's been no rock in these games.

Guest Stogey24

I agree Lovett. They kind of hung Price out, but he hasn't been the normal Carey Price against the bolts.

Is there any chance Montreal is trying to slip into that two spot and let Tampa face Bruins

Ugh..I'm afraid we don't have the horsepower to beat Tampa..or the Rangers this post-season. Something's got to be done with our top 6, especially our Centers. I agree with 30 on this one wholeheartedly

For as terrible as the Habs played, as terrible as the "lack of system or system that doesn't work", as terrible as their compete level was, they were still just a cross bar away from tying the game. It's true, the Bolts are coming at the Habs with 100% effort and intensity because they have something to prove against them. The result has been a season sweep and good for them. Do we really think the results will be the same if these two teams meet in the playoffs? I don't know why people just assume that regular season results automatically translates into the playoffs, they are two totally different games. As much as Tampa is a great team, it's going to be hard for any team to beat Price 4 games out of 7 when the games MATTER. Don't forget that he wasn't in goal to finish the last two series that they lost.

• Upvote 1

You're right about that, and Therrien admitted after the game that they didn't have a specific gameplan for any of the Tampa games. But i'm okay with that. They came with a different look versus Tampa last year and they were shell shocked.

However, in the third period the minor adjustments Therrien made had a dramatic effect. For the first time I can remember.

For the playoffs, if they should play, the Habs need to pick. They can either play dump and chase with one forechecker and four in the neutral zone a la Boston vs Pittsburgh, or they can open it up.

Their system isn't working vs Tampa. They keep ringing the puck around the boards and Tampa beats them to the puck. Every frigging time. Anton Stralman ate the Habs up last night. Stralman!

I would say that Tampa's system is pretty gimmicky. They play firewagon hockey, like Carbo in 2007-2008. Two man forecheck, stretch pass, kill it on the PP and at home. Four men in the neutral zone stops them from going up the middle pretty quick. I think Boston bounces them in the first round. But at this point, I wouldn't bet on MTL in the first round, and unless they make a dramatic system adjusment, they'll be out in 6 versus Tampa in the second round.

That's just it. We know what Tampa is going to look like in the playoffs. They can only give so much I have some faith that MTL can find another level.

The one guy who needs to step it up versus Tampa is Carey Price. He's been no rock in these games.

Star of the fourth game. Could have been a slaughter if he was not the first star. But you are right, if Price does not steal the game, habs usually lose.

I agree Lovett. They kind of hung Price out, but he hasn't been the normal Carey Price against the bolts.

Is there any chance Montreal is trying to slip into that two spot and let Tampa face Bruins

For me it looked like they wanted to lose. Seriously, look at Subban when Drouin scored goal. He knew that Drouin was sneaking right behind him and he let him go. Weirdo. But maybe it was Subban's lazy ass, maybe they're too weak for Tampa and I'm wrong? Doesn't matter now. Just put it behind you and focus on playoffs. Miracles happen.

And don't panic - Therrien gets it

In Therrien we trust?

• Upvote 1

5 more practice games...come on playoffs!

Waited a bit too long to wake up and that 4 minute penalty was killer, more shots in 3rd than first 2 period combined.

Pateryn only Habs to be -2, but he and Emelin had 9 hits.

Good to see Galchenyuk had 4 shots, need more of that from him.

PP is now 24th, which is better.

Subban match's career high in goals (14) and best's his most points (54).

Will Tokarsi play Thurs or Friday?

Chucky is half the player I thought he would be when i watched him in his rookie year.

Pateryn has been very impressive physical stay at home D.

Yes, Subbans 14th goal ties him with his his rookie season.

For me it looked like they wanted to lose. Seriously, look at Subban when Drouin scored goal. He knew that Drouin was sneaking right behind him and he let him go. Weirdo. But maybe it was Subban's lazy ass, maybe they're too weak for Tampa and I'm wrong? Doesn't matter now. Just put it behind you and focus on playoffs. Miracles happen.

And don't panic - Therrien gets it

In Therrien we trust?

Could be the 27 hard minutes a night he is playing, some nights ya get heavy legs. But he always bounces back.