Habs to Play in Another Outdoor Game

Habsfan84

Ugh. I hate these games. I know they are good for fans and such. I just don't like the hockey. Very lame.

I wish all hockey arenas were outdoors. Feels like the way the game should be played, same with basketball and football. These are outdoor sports played in boxes.

That said, there's no way I'd actually goto the stadium for it. Way too cold. Hence why I want to instead just hit a bar up in the area.

• 3 months later...

I don't like that its a hybrid jersey.

It has some features of the 22-23 jersey, but not all
It has some features of the 23-24 jersey, but not all

It has some features of the 45-46 jersey, but not all.

Just make a historical jersey...

I don't like that its a hybrid jersey.

It has some features of the 22-23 jersey, but not all

It has some features of the 23-24 jersey, but not all

It has some features of the 45-46 jersey, but not all.

Just make a historical jersey...

Ya I would of been happier with a historical jersey. From a business perspective though its probably more advantageous to create a new one as it will lead to more jersey sales. The Habs used most of their Historical jerseys during their centennial season meaning they have already tapped into that market.

Ya I would of been happier with a historical jersey. From a business perspective though its probably more advantageous to create a new one as it will lead to more jersey sales. The Habs used most of their Historical jerseys during their centennial season meaning they have already tapped into that market.

Right. It's all about money.

Which sucks. The saint-flannelle should be above all that crap.

That said, it's a novelty jersey for a novelty game and could be argued to represent an interesting hybird. I think it looks kinda cool but would never buy it.

Which sucks. The saint-flannelle should be above all that crap.

It will always be a business first. Some things sold in the Canadiens store:

- Billiard sticks

- Nail polish

- Lip Gloss

- An authentic Winter Classic hockey puck in a glass case for $80 before they even play

- Tailgate Table

- GOgoyles Garden Statue

- Resin Tree Face ornament

- 36 Golf Balls for $140

Which honestly there's nothing wrong with, so long as the next time they build an arena, they use private money only.

I thought the habs were one of the few teams that actually did use private money.

- Billiard sticks

- Nail polish

- Lip Gloss

- An authentic Winter Classic hockey puck in a glass case for $80 before they even play

- Tailgate Table

- GOgoyles Garden Statue

- 36 Golf Balls for $140

Which honestly there's nothing wrong with, so long as the next time they build an arena, they use private money only.

- Billiard sticks

- Nail polish

- Lip Gloss

- Tailgate Table

- GOgoyles Garden Statue

- 36 Golf Balls for $140

Oh, I totally get it. I have no problem with any of that, actually - but the jersey itself is another thing. If anything in hockey is sacred, other than the Cup itself, it should be that. Anyway, I kinda like this silly novelty sweater, so I'm not up in arms about it; but watch me blow a gasket when they start introducing soccer-style advertising all over the uni.

Oh, I totally get it. I have no problem with any of that, actually - but the jersey itself is another thing. If anything in hockey is sacred, other than the Cup itself, it should be that.

And Ronald Corey's wife.

What is fascination with this Corey's guy wife?

Been hashed over many a time my friend, had to do with 1/2 the team giving her a jump :) OK maybe just Chelios. Old old rumour. No truth to it as far as I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Winter Classic old guys game

Boston Bruins

Coaches: Don Cherry, Mike Milbury, Eddie Bucyk, John Sanford

Players: PJ Axelsson, Bob Beers, Ray Bourque, Rob DiMaio, Tom Fergus, Hal Gill (TRAITOR!), Steve Heinze, Al Iafrate, Brian Leetch (please), Reggie Lemelin, Ken Linseman, Rick Midleton, Jay Miller, Cam Neely, Terry O'Reilly, Andrew Raycroft (no seriously), Mark Recchi (TRAITOR!), Sergei Samsonov (TRA... nevermind), Marco Sturm, Bob Don and Tim Sweeney, Glen Wesley

Montreal Canadiens

Coaches: Yvan Cournoyer, Jacques Demers, Guy Lafleur

Players: Donald Audette, Benoit Brunet, Patrice Brisebois, Guy Carbonneau, Gilbert Delorme, Eric Desjardins, Normand Dupont (who?), Gaston Gingras, Rick Green, Mike Keane, Alex Kovalev, Sergio Momesso, Mats Naslund, Chris Nilan, Lyle Odelein, Oleg Petrov, Stephane Quintal, Stephane Richer, Larry Robinson, Richard Sevingny, Steve Shutt, Jose Theodore

Winter Classic old guys game

Boston Bruins

Coaches: Don Cherry, Mike Milbury, Eddie Bucyk, John Sanford

Players: PJ Axelsson, Bob Beers, Ray Bourque, Rob DiMaio, Tom Fergus, Hal Gill (TRAITOR!), Steve Heinze, Al Iafrate, Brian Leetch (please), Reggie Lemelin, Ken Linseman, Rick Midleton, Jay Miller, Cam Neely, Terry O'Reilly, Andrew Raycroft (no seriously), Mark Recchi (TRAITOR!), Sergei Samsonov (TRA... nevermind), Marco Sturm, Bob Don and Tim Sweeney, Glen Wesley

Montreal Canadiens

Coaches: Yvan Cournoyer, Jacques Demers, Guy Lafleur

Players: Donald Audette, Benoit Brunet, Patrice Brisebois, Guy Carbonneau , Gilbert Delorme, Eric Desjardin s, Normand Dupont (who?), Gaston Gingras, Rick Green, Mike Keane, Alex Kovalev, Sergio Momesso, Mats Naslund, Chris Nilan, Lyle Odelein, Oleg Petrov, Stephane Quintal, Stephane Richer, Larry Robinson, Richard Sevingny, Steve Shutt, Jose Theodore

Carbo, Kovalev (!!!), Naslund (!!), Nilan, Robinson (!!!!!), and Shutt are the ones I'm excited to see. Most of the others make me wince for one reason or another. Too bad that Guuuuuy is on the bench instead of the ice, but I gather that his knees are beat up. Apparently he gave away his old leather skates and finds the new ski-boot-style skates impossible to use anyway. Oh, well.