The time is now for Galchenyuk to be Montreal's #1 centre

The top two AHL rookies have been called up to NHL, Semin is a bust at RW and the next leading rookie scorer in AHL played as a RW before turning centre two years ago. I bet many (most?) would be quite pleased to see that fellow tried on Galchenyuk's wing on that 3rd line?

Keep mcCarron at C on the top line in the AHL actually...

Last I remember we had the best record in hockey when semin was scratched and we will still be when he's re-inserted... ( this will be by the weekend I'm guessing...

Scott Gomez was a bust.

Kassian is a bust so far.

Kabby was a bust.

Semin only played 10 games (on the second line) I think we won 9 of those games. A bust is a major stretch. Too small a sample size.

Yep. :thumbs_up:

Undeniable that Chucky's line hasn't been near as good or dangerous since Semin last played.

Speed is not everything there is to being an NHL player, especially a scoring NHL player.

See Gretzky, Wayne....

Skill matters, and all of us here to a man knows we lacked skill last year, and we all know how hard it is to acquire, Semin has to be worth another shot doesn't he?.

Gretzky may not have been fast, but he wasn't slow either. He had average speed.

Semin is SLOW... He's well below average.

You mean like Flynn's skill? Flynn's skill is well below Semin's speed impairment dude, c'mon.

Even you have to admit is was different if not a pleasure to see someone in the top 6 with top line skill for a change, for those first 9 games don't you?

I say sit Semin if he loses us games, but not until, because Flynn hasn't exactly won us any...

• Upvote 1

You mean like Flynn's skill? Flynn's skill is well below Semin's speed impairment dude, c'mon.Even you have to admit is was different if not a pleasure to see someone in the top 6 with top line skill for a change, for those first 9 games don't you?I say sit Semin if he loses us games, but not until, because Flynn hasn't exactly won us any...

It made no sense to scratch him then as it does now... We were winning nonetheless. He's gonna draw in id suspect Saturday against Colorado

I don't like Semin in the top 9, too slow.
I don't like Flynn, Byron, in the top 9, they are 4th liners.
I would like to see more of DSP in the top 9, he MIGHT be the answer.
I would like to see what Kassian could do.
I would like to see what Holloway could do.

I'd rather have neither one of Flynn and Semin in the lineup... if DSP/Kassian and Hollow prove to not be the answer, it will be time to go out and get a real top 6 winger.

• Upvote 1

Flynn has only played 15+minutes in 1 game and is 11th in icetime/game of Hab forwards, he also only makes $950,000 and kills penalties (1:22/gm vs Semin 0:00 on the PK).

I don't like Semin in the top 9, too slow.

I don't like Flynn, Byron, in the top 9, they are 4th liners.

I would like to see more of DSP in the top 9, he MIGHT be the answer.

I would like to see what Kassian could do.

I would like to see what Holloway could do.

I'd rather have neither one of Flynn and Semin in the lineup... if DSP/Kassian and Hollow prove to not be the answer, it will be time to go out and get a real top 6 winger.

Agreed on all counts... :thumbs_up:

DSP is an interesting option...but he does seem to have 'hands of stone.'

The crashing-and-burn of Kassian, and Semin's apparent inadequacies, means that MB's annual patch-up 'solutions' to the hole in the top-6 have failed yet again. Personally, I favour giving Semin another try, since he *did* get off a nice play or two in most of his games. But really, there is no answer from within, barring some miraculous call-up; and anyone counting on Kassian filling the spot is probably deluding themselves. We're looking at an unending rotation of guys in that spot until Zoot Suit finally decides to fix the problem.

And say, how about trying Lord Byron? One thing you can't say he lacks is speed.

Semin may be a little slow, but he is a very talented guy. I don't think he cost us any games. Saw no reason to sit him. Galchenyuk needs a guy who can shoot and pass like Semin. That line was dangerous every game, but obviously Le Genius had a very short leash on him. You have to give him a chance. I can guarantee you one thing, he can't score from the press box. He needs to be back on the ice and watch if Galchenyuk doesn't start being dangerous again. Time and Patience.

He scored 6 goals last year.

In ten games this year he had 1 goal... (a pace of 8 over 82)...

He can't score from the press box, but I'm not convinced he can score from on the ice either.

Rewarded with a million bucks for it.

The old retired players must just cringe.

In ten games this year he had 1 goal... (a pace of 8 over 82)...

He can't score from the press box, but I'm not convinced he can score from on the ice either.

Last season was an outlier when you look at his entire career though. He played for a terrible Carolina team. It's not going to happen now while missing so games but I literally guarantee, for what it's worth, that his 6 goals last year translate into 15-20 on this current Habs team... and I actually think he could have done better. I'm beginning to lose faith only because he's been put in a very tough position now.

You're right about his pace from the small sample size this season, but Perry and Getzlaf went something like 10 games each with a combined 0 goals. Heck, Getzlaf still hasn't scored. They should have been benched as well.

I get both sides of it but honestly unless there's something more going on in the locker room I don't think his treatment has been justified. Point finale.

Scott Gomez was a bust.

Kassian is a bust so far.

Kabby was a bust.

Semin only played 10 games (on the second line) I think we won 9 of those games. A bust is a major stretch. Too small a sample size.

How can you call Kassian a bust on the ice before he's ever played a game? If he doesn't get into that accident during training camp, he's probably on the 23-man roster and Paul Byron is in Stockton. Kassian was brought in to be a bottom-six forward, and that's probably where he'll slot in when he's ready to come back, though he'll probably be in St. John's for a few weeks to get in game shape. But today, no one knows what Kassian is except a player under contract.

How can you call Kassian a bust on the ice before he's ever played a game? If he doesn't get into that accident during training camp, he's probably on the 23-man roster and Paul Byron is in Stockton. Kassian was brought in to be a bottom-six forward, and that's probably where he'll slot in when he's ready to come back, though he'll probably be in St. John's for a few weeks to get in game shape. But today, no one knows what Kassian is except a player under contract.

I said "so far"

Skill matters, and all of us here to a man knows we lacked skill last year, and we all know how hard it is to acquire, Semin has to be worth another shot doesn't he?.

Agreed. I think Semin should get a second chance! He has too much talent to give up on him after only 10 games!

You're forgetting Kassian's entire career history before coming here. Some fans act as though he just sprang from a mushroom and then got in that crash. No -this is his fifth season of being a 'bust' at the NHL level. Every year in Vancouver fans kept harbouring hope that Zack would start to 'put it all together.' And every year it was the same parade of injuries, dumb penalties, benchings and excuses. Instead of doing taking a step forward in Montreal, he did exactly the opposite and literally crashed and burned. Now, I'm not saying it's inconceivable that he has some miraculous turnaround. But anyone who seriously clings to that hope is simply delusional.

Semin should lot back in, yes. But again, last year counts - he was a complete and total disaster - and should inform how we evaluate him. I personally think he could pot one or two and get hot, but again, don't bank on it.