GDT - In the Ghetto: Islanders @ Habs on Hometown Hockey from Cornerbrook Newfoundland

Commandant

Our musically themed GDTs continues, this one an Elvis Classic

The Habs beat the Islanders 5-3 in the first of the home and home series on Friday Night, as Carey Price showed some rust, but was still triumphant in his return to the Montreal Crease. On Sunday, the Habs will welcome a new face to the lineup as Sven Andrighetto has been called up from the St. John's Ice Caps of the AHL.

Here are the expected lineups, which will be updated closer to game time.

Expected lineups below.

Nelson - Tavares - Okposo

Lee - Nielsen - Bailey

Kulemin - Grabovski - Beck

Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Hamonic - De Haan

Leddy - Boychuk

Strait - Pelech

The Ghost of Rick Dipietro

Greiss

Halak

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise

Eller - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto

Byron - Flynn - Semin

Markov - Subban

Beaulieu - Petry

Gilbert - Pateryn

Price

Condon

Smith-Pelly out for tonight (lower body), Holloway recalled. At the very least, either he or Andrighetto will play, regardless of Semin's status. (My guess is that this cements Andrighetto as in at the very least.) If Holloway does play, it'll be his third game in as many nights.

in the ghetto , my favorite Elvis song, know the words have sung it many many times. Some people say I do it pretty good.

Ok nuff of that we are going into the boon docks to kick some ass. Gonna be a tough game. Need every forking player on this team to be ready to go from minute 1. No forking slack asses allowed.

:gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo:

in the ghetto , my favorite Elvis song, know the words have sung it many many times. Some people say I do it pretty good.

Ok nuff of that we are going into the boon docks to kick some ass. Gonna be a tough game. Need every forking player on this team to be ready to go from minute 1. No forking slack asses allowed.

Surely you are joking about the Elvis tune. Next thing you'll be saying you first heard it the night the Habs won the cup. In 1958! :nuts:

Pretty darned good effort out there. LIke to see Beaulieu with Petry... not that I've done any comparative analysis.. but would sure like to see them have some fun with all that great skill and instincts..

I just saw a "Tomb Raider" add.. and the voiceover said.. "Rated "M" for mature.".. was he watching the same ad I was?? :blush:

I like it too...every time I hear it I find myself crying in the chapel. :ph34r:

Yep. We played a good period and deserved better. Lots of time to tie it up and win.

I liked both Ghetto, who seems faster than I remember from last year, and Pateryn, who was excellent.

Weird shift from Galy where he skated it all the way out of the O-zone before getting clocked. That's him at his absolute worst.