GDT - In the Ghetto: Islanders @ Habs on Hometown Hockey from Cornerbrook Newfoundland

Commandant

DD owing Weise a goal now...

Completely! Ouch for Weise, would have tied his career best haha!

Ooooohhhhh DD just wanted Patches to get his 300th. Still assisting even off his line.

edit: 300th point that is

They were talking about one of his fingers looking.... Not very healthy. How long does a broken finger take to heal?

It sure looked like it was hurting,

Price stopped a couple there .. so nice...

There were some nervous moments after the Isles tied it and then got another PP shortly after but a good win overall. The PP should get some confidence with three goals (well, 2 plus an empty netter which technically was a PPG).

I was a little surprised that Pateryn didn't play a whole lot. He was having another strong game but I guess all the special teams time likely played a role. Andrighetto had a nice season debut. He earned another game regardless of Gallagher's injury status.

Good win.

Tough break on Gally. Our best forward this season. Tough to lose him.

Liked Pateryns game again.

Price is Price as the coach would say.

Getto played good.

Would not mind seeing DD line first pp. Chucky line second unit.

Pleks line first unit on pk and empty net.

:thumbs_up:

As someone who currently has a broken 5th metacarpal (cast comes off tomorrow!!) I can GUARANTEE you a minimum 4 weeks. Most likely 5 though. And even then he's gonna need another week minimum for rehab.

So safe to say we probably don't see him till the new year.

Scheize

As someone who currently has a broken 5th metacarpal (cast comes off tomorrow!!) I can GUARANTEE you a minimum 4 weeks. Most likely 5 though. And even then he's gonna need another week minimum for rehab.

So safe to say we probably don't see him till the new year.

Scheize

That's what I was afraid of.

That's a big blow vis-a-vis Gallagher. It will pose a real challenge to this squad: can we sustain the momentum as a high-scoring, high-energy club, in the absence of our best net presence and agitator, and possibly our best all-around FW?

Many of us have long suspected that, despite his relatively modest points totals, Gally is the true motor-engine of the forward unit. We're about to find out.

That's a big blow vis-a-vis Gallagher. It will pose a real challenge to this squad: can we sustain the momentum as a high-scoring, high-energy club, in the absence of our best net presence and agitator, and possibly our best all-around FW?

Many of us have long suspected that, despite his relatively modest points totals, Gally is the true motor-engine of the forward unit. We're about to find out.

I agree CC. Somehow this seems like it might be bigger challenge than the injury to Price, particularly as it comes on the heels of the injuries (hopefully minor) to Mitchell and DSP. Our forward group and prospect depth is about to be tested. I am optimistic they will be up to the challenge and I would like to see what Holloway can bring, if anything, to the big club.

Couldn't agree more. With that being said, I've noticed that a few of our players have followed suit and have been hovering around the net more than usual as of late. Desharnais for instance was crashing the net tonight on his goal. No one can replace what he brings but I wouldn't be surprised to see other players adopt the mentality that they need to get to the net more now that he's out.

On the plus side, we shouldn't have as many goals called back due to goaltender interference...

Sucks for Gallagher. It's not just recovering the fingers but being able to shoot and stickhandle with no discomfort. I don't see him back until around February at the earliest.

The only severe(ish) injury I've ever had was a broken pinky during a hockey practice when I was younger and let's just say I had to be more of a passer for quite some time afterward.

Guest Stogey24

Gallagher was the best forward all year. Things happen though, and we have the depth to compensate.

This is where Semin may have his true chance to find his game if he plays with Max.