GDT: In a New York Minute: Habs @ Rangers, 7:00pm

Commandant

I could tell from the day he came back he wasn't right. He's almost over compensating on his good side to stay off his bad. This honestly could be bad news for Price's future

That's what I'm worried about. A random injury is one thing. A recurring injury? That's another. The DiPietro/Halak repetitive-stress disorder scenario is a very, very real possibility here. It's too soon to panic - maybe he just came back to soon - but there's now a flashing red light over Price reading DAMAGED GOODS? Please Lord say it ain't so.

If he does shut it down for months, I don't want us to move significant assets to replace him. Exhaust every other avenue first.

So let's say Price gets sidelined for two months. Does Montreal go out and try to get some type of vet to backup Condon?

I would think they'd have to. Someone like Scrivens or Backstrom, veterans that are currently 3rd stringers that would cost next to nothing in terms of acquisition cost. If they suspect it's long-term right now, they could try to claim Ortio today as well.

Shouldnt they try Fucale first?

Ideally he's not near the NHL roster for a couple of years. His play has been largely erratic in St. John's, I think he'd get lit up right now in the NHL. He's a long-term development project.

• Upvote 1

That's what I'm worried about. A random injury is one thing. A recurring injury? That's another. The DiPietro/Halak repetitive-stress disorder scenario is a very, very real possibility here. It's too soon to panic - maybe he just came back to soon - but there's now a flashing red light over Price reading DAMAGED GOODS? Please Lord say it ain't so.

If he does shut it down for months, I don't want us to move significant assets to replace him. Exhaust every other avenue first.

CC, it isn't like you to get so worked up about a potential future. This could simply be a precautionary move as Price felt some soreness. Remember, he got hurt in EDM, stayed in the net and aggravated the injury. Condon was due for a start anyway.

I'm not going to panic until the Canadiens give us some worrying information--or none at all

Also, I am sure that if a veteran backup is needed that Bergy won't break the bank getting him.

EDIT: for what its worth Foghorn Dreghorn reporting, re: Price's injury, that " Montreal Canadiens don't seem overly worried about it".http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/dreger-insight-into-price-s-knee-issues-1.400194

Meanwhile, the Habs Breakfast boys on TSN think it is time for a veteran backup goalie. Lemay advocating for Joni Ortio. http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/habs-breakfast-time-to-get-a-veteran-backup-goalie-1.400173

I would be happy to see the Habs pick Ortio because a. he is free and b. I think just about anyone would be an upgrade on Toskarski at this point

Agreed. I would rather finish 8th in the East rather that see some of our best prospects (Pateryn, McCarron, Sherback) moved. If Carey needs 2 months get back to 100%, then so be it...tough it out. Call up Fucale or Tokarski to back up Condon.

Carey Price is dead.

I mean, if you're going to overexaggerate about him re-aggravating an injury during a game where he only allowed one powerplay goal against the second best team in the East, go hog wild. He's dead. What will we do with his free cap space?

Agreed. I would rather finish 8th in the East rather that see some of our best prospects (Pateryn, McCarron, Sherback) moved. If Carey needs 2 months get back to 100%, then so be it...tough it out. Call up Fucale or Tokarski to back up Condon.

I would rather win the Cup than hold onto a bunch of prospects.

I would be happy to see the Habs pick Ortio because a. he is free and b. I think just about anyone would be an upgrade on Toskarski at this point

He cleared which surprised me. I thought a team or two lacking a good young goalie in the system (hello, Toronto) might have snagged him. The fact that he cleared is a sign of how teams really don't want to back themselves into a three G rotation.

Was Emelin trying to see if he could set the record for most turnovers/give-aways during one shift? :bonk:

And sorry to say he has been around long enough now, that his puck handling and decision making with puck is what it is...just a smidge above Crankshaft.

They should put a sign on him...Do not ever pass me the puck!

Well, I wasn't trying to 'panic' so much as express concern over this re-injury. But I appreciate the attempts to slap sense into me! Maybe I've just been scarred by Markov's knee problems - and come to think of it, he ultimately recovered from those too.

• Upvote 1

Well, I wasn't trying to 'panic' so much as express concern over this re-injury. But I appreciate the attempts to slap sense into me! Maybe I've just been scarred by Markov's knee problems - and come to think of it, he ultimately recovered from those too.

I understand the concern, absolutely. I just get tired of everyone turning to doom and gloom at every negative moment we deal with when we're dominating the NHL and don't need Hart trophy level goaltending in the regular season this year. Price can take two months off if he has to and we won't be out of a playoff spot. We just won't be dominating the NHL if Condon is our starter in those two months. If the goal is the Cup, that's more important to me. That's why I'm also not sweating about Gallagher. The end game is the Cup, and we don't play for that until the spring.

I understand the concern, absolutely. I just get tired of everyone turning to doom and gloom at every negative moment we deal with when we're dominating the NHL and don't need Hart trophy level goaltending in the regular season this year. Price can take two months off if he has to and we won't be out of a playoff spot. We just won't be dominating the NHL if Condon is our starter in those two months. If the goal is the Cup, that's more important to me. That's why I'm also not sweating about Gallagher. The end game is the Cup, and we don't play for that until the spring.

Hey, I agree. We seem to be strong enough now that we can survive the loss of any given player during the regular season (although an injury to PK would sorely test our blueline). It's the recurring nature of Price's injury that's got me concerned, not that we might lose his services for a few weeks. The thought of his career being compromised by permanent vulnerability to repetitive-stress injuries gives me hives, that's all.

Was Emelin trying to see if he could set the record for most turnovers/give-aways during one shift? :bonk:

And sorry to say he has been around long enough now, that his puck handling and decision making with puck is what it is...just a smidge above Crankshaft.

Lmfao Don! You will be Stogey's hero now...

I'm sure it's just that Price is just being careful, or I should say the staff is being careful with him, we will know in a week or so(I hope).

Guest Stogey24

Lmfao Don! You will be Stogey's hero now...I'm sure it's just that Price is just being careful, or I should say the staff is being careful with him, we will know in a week or so(I hope).

I couldn't agree more with Donny

:rofl: Well Put ! Make up the sign.