Sweet Revenge: Canucks @ Bell Centre 7:30PM EST RDS and Sportsnet

The Montreal Canadiens had a nine game winning streak snapped by the Canucks. The Canadiens have gone 4-3-2 since.

It's time to shake off the loss and get back to being the best team in the NHL!

Current Lineups

Vancouver Canucks: 7-6-5 (8th in Conference, 3rd in Division)

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Higgins - McCann - Vrbata

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Shinkaruk - Cracknell - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Weber

Hutton - Bartowski

Markstrom

Miller

Injured: Prust (skating), Sutter, Sbisa

Scratched: Burrows (personal)

Montreal Canadiens: 13-3-2 (2nd in Conference, 1st in Division)

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise

Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin

Flynn - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly

(Byron was skating in place of Flynn today but not expected to play)

Markov - Subban

Beaulieu - Petry

Gilbert - Pateryn

Condon

Tokarski

Injured: Emelin, Price (now skating with full gear)

Scratched: Tinordi, Byron

MT should definitely go back to the other D pairings, Gilbert on his wrong side is just a dumb move.

Hopefully they will get some goaltending and score more than once tonight.

Gilbert on wrong side is a dumb move.

You'll need more of a reason than that. :nuts:

Thing is, Emelin is injured. I'd much rather have 3 left handers as well as 3 right handers on D as well but Pateryn really is a solid defender in my opinion and deserves to be the first recall. It's probaby the right choice. In a way, I think we're spoiled this season because we have the privilege of having so many right handed shots in our lineup. So many other teams get away with having more LH shots on the right point so it's not as if it's a necessity just because the possibility is there. If the opinion is that Pateryn is that much higher on the depth chart, then you slot him in regardless of his handedness. It's never been any different than that other than maybe this season since an even balance (RHvsLH) is what the team has had the privilege of being accustomed to.

Thing is, Emelin is injured. I'd much rather have 3 left handers as well as 3 right handers on D as well but Pateryn really is a solid defender in my opinion and deserves to be the first recall. It's probaby the right choice. In a way, I think we're spoiled this season because we have the privilege of having so many right handed shots in our lineup. So many other teams get away with having more LH shots on the right point so it's not as if it's a necessity just because the possibility is there. If the opinion is that Pateryn is that much higher on the depth chart, then you slot him in regardless of his handedness. It's never been any different than that other than maybe this season since an even balance (RHvsLH) is what the team has had the privilege of being accustomed to.

Great post on the topic of D depth... :clap:

Well said.

eg I would rather have Duncan Kieth playing his "bad side" over 90% of the leagues D playing their "good side".

So Prusty wont be playing tonight because of an ankle injury but there is a good chance that we will see him at some point tonight during the broadcast. They will likely showcase him for hosting hosting three dozen underprivileged youths in a suite at the Bell Centre. Very classy. Even after getting traded he still wants to give back. Always liked him as a Hab.

• Upvote 1

Thing is, Gilbert on his wrong side with a Rookie as partner, were not on for any Ave goals against.

Yes, I was going to add that I didn't thing Gilbert did a bad job on that side anyway.

GHG! Puck is about to drop.

Whole team is terrible in their own end... defense is porous, too much standing around, no hitting or taking the man at all. Sad defensive play.

Yes, eventually they will give him another center. Ya just know that.

Chucky and Max.......... only a matter of time.

They may switch up the centres at one point but if they do, don't count on it being Galchenyuk. His ice time is going in the wrong direction; Desharnais for all intents and purposes is the 2nd line C right now. If they swap, they'd likely flip Desharnais and Plekanec first.

I've been waiting since last year

He was scratched a fair bit towards the end of last year. He's not the problem tonight either.

So when does Gilbert get a night in pressbox

When he goes back to Florida. Wont happen here.

They may switch up the centres at one point but if they do, don't count on it being Galchenyuk. His ice time is going in the wrong direction; Desharnais for all intents and purposes is the 2nd line C right now. If they swap, they'd likely flip Desharnais and Plekanec first.

He was scratched a fair bit towards the end of last year. He's not the problem tonight either.

Does a guy have to be THE PROBLEM before he gets sent to the press box.

Chucky and Max. Not "counting" on it . Not at all

But mark my words, they will be on the same line.......as I said its only a matter of time.

Does a guy have to be THE PROBLEM before he gets sent to the press box.

No, but he's not even a problem right now - the top two pairings are struggling much worse the last couple of games. A rusty and (presumably) unhappy Tinordi is a much, much, much scarier option than Gilbert any day of the week.

I will say this - Vancouver did their homework on Condon. One concern I've had all season is his penchant to over-commit; I've seen a few others on here note it too. The Canucks have burned him twice on it already tonight. Fortunately, that's a mechanical adjustment that can be made; I'd imagine Waite has been in his ear about it already.

No, but he's not even a problem right now - the top two pairings are struggling much worse the last couple of games. A rusty and (presumably) unhappy Tinordi is a much, much, much scarier option than Gilbert any day of the week.

I agree about the top two pairings.

Tinordi being so rusty and unhappy is what keeps Gilbert in the line up.

Well glad to hear its not his Toms own play that gives him a spot. I'll take solace in that I suppose.

I will say this - Vancouver did their homework on Condon. One concern I've had all season is his penchant to over-commit; I've seen a few others on here note it too. The Canucks have burned him twice on it already tonight. Fortunately, that's a mechanical adjustment that can be made; I'd imagine Waite has been in his ear about it already.

Yeah, well the defense is also supposed to be aware the goalie likes to challenge shooters, hand in hand thing, and the defense is no better than Condon tonight.