Free Agent Frenzy

dlbalr

We're now less than two hours away from the start of free agency and given what transpired yesterday, it's safe to figure that the Habs have something up their sleeve. Who do you want them to sign? Who do you think they'll sign? Where will the big names go? Let's use this for a discussion thread as the signings come in (anything Montreal-related should get its own obviously).

Am up for a rather large RH d-man from Jets who used to play for Chicago. Short of that Dan Boyle (if I assume Gorges going).

Am up for a rather large RH d-man from Jets who used to play for Chicago. Short of that Dan Boyle (if I assume Gorges going).

One of the most underrated defenseman out there. Wonder if the conditioning will be a problem this summer again though?

Gionta was a fine contributor for us - a dedicated and steady player and a great example for the Gallaghers of the world. He can still play as a pint-sized third-line W who chips in 15-20 goals, but it probably is time to pass the baton. But we should be appreciative of his leadership over four turbulent and exciting seasons (two semi-finals appearances, one disaster). Thanks, Gio!

As for UFAs, I agree with Lovett, there will be a goon. Look for Jokinen, Vrbata, Michalek to be in the Habs' sights along with Dan Boyle. Other D - I dunno, maybe Orpik? How much has he declined?

I say...

Manny Malhotra

Jussi Jokinen

Goon

Malholtra or Brian Boyle would be pretty high on my priority list.

Im really hoping Radim Vrbata is a Hab in 15 minutes...

according to Richard Labbé from LaPresse, Gionta will not be returning with the Habs.

Thanks for your services Gio, but its time to move on. That's another smurf gone! I like it!

Robidas...

Sadly, all signs point to Dan Boyle. Can't wait to see the reaction when his salary is more than one year and it's locked against the cap even if he retires. Then can't wait to see how everyone reacts when he doesn't play near the level where everyone thought he'd play.

Hope I'm wrong on all accounts, but.

Sadly, all signs point to Dan Boyle. Can't wait to see the reaction when his salary is more than one year and it's locked against the cap even if he retires. Then can't wait to see how everyone reacts when he doesn't play near the level where everyone thought he'd play.

Hope I'm wrong on all accounts, but.

i must admit I'm not to crazy about Boyle!

Much better than white at the same price, decent size, wins faceoffs and kills penalties. Moen and Prust aren't going to make it the full year without injuries. Decent move.

So now we have Malhotra, Moen, Weiss, Prust for the 4th line??? We really need to move either Moen or Prust, otherwise one of the 4th liners will be miscast on the 3rd line by MT.

I can't believe Erhoff signed a 1 year deal at $4m.