Team Leaders
G Max Pacioretty (35)
A P.K. Subban (39)
PTS Max Pacioretty (64)
+/- Max Pacioretty (+40)
PIMS Brandon Prust (130)
Injuries: Tom Gilbert
Scratches: Sergei Gonchar, Manny Malhotra, Devante Smith-Pelly, Mike Weaver

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: City/TVA Sports (nat.), FS-F (reg.) Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

HERE WE GO BOYS!

Goods news. I am back.

Bad news. So is Gilbert.

NB played a fantastic game against the tough hard hitting jets and how is he rewarded......scratched.

Same game Petry and Emelin looked like Phenuef and Gardner, they get second pair again.

Those type of decisions, and the guy making them drive me crazy.

Throw in Paps as a first liner and you have an entire new discussion?

Good thing its just the Panthers.

Makes ya kinda nostalgic for the week long suspension I just served eh. :nuts:

GO HABS

NB played a fantastic game against the tough hard hitting jets and how is he rewarded......scratched.

Same game Petry and Emelin looked like Phenuef and Gardner, they get second pair again.

You have to remember that early morning GDT's often have guesses as lines as they're posted before the morning skate. I usually just post the lines from the last game. Gilbert was originally expected to be ready for tonight but as it turns out, he won't play so Beaulieu stays in.

There is no way they can scratch Beaulieu anymore

Sure there is. It's called rotating players in and out. Besides, it's not as if he's playing all that well anyways. I'm almost positive he'll sit another game or two at least before the regular season ends. Look at his ice time the last little while, it's not all that high which is a sign that the coaches don't see him as a must-play option. If they did, he'd be playing more than 13-14 minutes a game in March.

Guest Stogey24

He played over 15 last game.

Beaulieu and Emelin are the only two players that show any aggression on the blue line. Along with the fact that he's played very consistent since Christmas. Why are Gilbert or Pateryn ahead of him?

Games are getting less and less important as wrap up season and likely adding in Flynn or scratching a Beaulieu may be geared towards playoffs than that specific game.

Last year whole team spent last 3 games passing up on scoring chances, simply trying to set up Pacioretty for his 40th goal.

And I remember the uproar about not 'going for 1st place', which seemed to be irrelevant to playoffs (cept for Tampa who maybe played Bishop 1 game too many) and smart play by Bergevin.

I expect Habs will follow same script again and after game in Florida next Sunday, Bergevin will let team stay in Sunshine state and go golfing/ hit the beach before returning for Thursday game.

(A "Player-friendly" GM)

He played over 15 last game.

Beaulieu and Emelin are the only two players that show any aggression on the blue line. Along with the fact that he's played very consistent since Christmas. Why are Gilbert or Pateryn ahead of him?

And earlier in the month he was playing 10-12 minutes a night. He was a healthy scratch a week ago as well; a couple of games at 14-15 minutes a night doesn't change any of that. Like it or not - heck, justified or not - he's a 6/7 right now and as a result, it's highly likely he'll sit another game or two before the season ends.

Pateryn's a safe player and most coaches will opt for safe on their bottom pairing over higher risk. (And Beaulieu is a higher-risk/higher-reward player than Pateryn.) Pateryn can give them 12-14 minutes a night of somewhat dependable play and his size helps him clear the crease which is something that Beaulieu, as aggressive as he can be, cannot do well given that his strength isn't the best. Since they don't have a lot of size/strength, that plays in Pateryn's favour. As for Gilbert, it could be as simple as the veteran getting trusted more than the youngster.

When you have a ton of depth, good players are going to sit, that's just the way it is. Even if Beaulieu were to be the #7 going into the playoffs, he'll get his chance at some point. There will be bumps and bruises, injuries, players struggling or needing a night off, etc. He played his way into the lineup last postseason, he'll do so again if he plays well enough when he's in there.

And earlier in the month he was playing 10-12 minutes a night. He was a healthy scratch a week ago as well; a couple of games at 14-15 minutes a night doesn't change any of that. Like it or not - heck, justified or not - he's a 6/7 right now and as a result, it's highly likely he'll sit another game or two before the season ends.

Pateryn's a safe player and most coaches will opt for safe on their bottom pairing over higher risk. (And Beaulieu is a higher-risk/higher-reward player than Pateryn.) Pateryn can give them 12-14 minutes a night of somewhat dependable play and his size helps him clear the crease which is something that Beaulieu, as aggressive as he can be, cannot do well given that his strength isn't the best. Since they don't have a lot of size/strength, that plays in Pateryn's favour. As for Gilbert, it could be as simple as the veteran getting trusted more than the youngster.

When you have a ton of depth, good players are going to sit, that's just the way it is. Even if Beaulieu were to be the #7 going into the playoffs, he'll get his chance at some point. There will be bumps and bruises, injuries, players struggling or needing a night off, etc. He played his way into the lineup last postseason, he'll do so again if he plays well enough when he's in there.

Where does the high risk theory go when assessing Gilbert? Guy gets beat a lo one on one nightly. Screens his own goalie a lot. Puts pucks in his own net. But MT loves the guy, so high risk seems only to be a factor when looking at the young NB.

"It could be as simple as the vet (pilon) getting trusted more than the youngster". Everyone knows thats ALL it is.

Where does the high risk theory go when assessing Gilbert? Guy gets beat a lo one on one nightly. Screens his own goalie a lot. Puts pucks in his own net. But MT loves the guy, so high risk seems only to be a factor when looking at the young NB.

It could be as simple as the vet (pilon) getting trusted more than the youngster. Everyone knows thats ALL it is.

I'm surprised MT likes Gilbert as much as he does. But rookies = mistakes = lost points. MT needs to pad his resume with 4-6 points rookies cost teams.

HERE WE GO BOYS!

Goods news. I am back.

Bad news. So is Gilbert.

GO HABS

Were you a bad boy? :)

I'm surprised MT likes Gilbert as much as he does. But rookies = mistakes = lost points. MT needs to pad his resume with 4-6 points rookies cost teams.

like the ot mistakes by Gilbert where was turned inside out by johnson while trying to play the puck instead of the man (mistake) then went to the front of the net without an eye on the play (mistake) where he deflected puck in his own net for the ot loss. mistakes = lost points.

bottom line...NB is a better hockey player than Gilbert. Presently.

Were you a bad boy? :)

Apparently so.

The Habs can officially clinch a playoff spot with a win tonight or a Boston regulation loss. That second one isn't likely to happen as the Bruins are up 3-0 on the Rangers in the 1st. On the flip side, if that score holds up and the Habs win, they could move back into 1st overall.

The real question is will they score more than twice.

Mt can rotate whoever he wants but come playoff time, we all know who will disappear. I want to see someone actually show up.

A pregame stat from the Twitter feed on the main page - Galchenyuk has just one goal in his last 15 games.

His next goal will be a big one - not only does he hit the 20-goal plateau with it but he also collects a nice bonus of up to $212,500 (and quite likely that exact amount, I just don't have the complete contract details.) And yes, that money would count against the cap.

A pregame stat from the Twitter feed on the main page - Galchenyuk has just one goal in his last 15 games.

His next goal will be a big one - not only does he hit the 20-goal plateau with it but he also collects a nice bonus of up to $212,500 (and quite likely that exact amount, I just don't have the complete contract details.) And yes, that money would count against the cap.

If he gets it. Playing terrible for a month.

HERE WE GO BOYS!

Goods news. I am back.

Bad news. So is Gilbert.

GO HABS

Hahahaha! Welcome back. .HAHAHAHA .