Dec. 20, Sens vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Yeah we are tied for 1st in division, 2nd in conference, and 7th in the league. Pretty damn good stats. I hope we can keep getting these results. We need a trade to either get us a sniper or a top 4 defenceman. At that point I believe this team has a shot at coming out of the east and going to a cup final. :habslogo:

Yeah we are tied for 1st in division, 2nd in conference, and 7th in the league. Pretty damn good stats. I hope we can keep getting these results. We need a trade to either get us a sniper or a top 4 defenceman. At that point I believe this team has a shot at coming out of the east and going to a cup final. :habslogo:

Excellent results for sure, but let's not forget that what is really important is the playoffs. Management must build a team that will perform at its best when it really counts. It's like golf. Nicklaus and Tiger got themselves ready playing the regular schedule. While they were always competitive, they focused on the four major tournaments, because they knew that is how you build legends: by winning the big ones.

Beauilue can play on third pair no problem. Playing the new guy with weakest D of the other five is an odd and ill advised way to usher your prospect into the nhl. NB will just have to contend with that. Never witnessed another hab coach put the call up with the likes of a Gilbert or a Weaver. As has been stated before.......Robinson, Chelly, Desjardins, Markov always took the new kid under their wing. Taught and covered up at the same time. Remember Kommy? Would like to see how it would work with Markov and NB. Put Subban with the stiff Beauilue always gets. Like MT likes to say "all about the balance"

Tokarski wont be "chuckling" as hard at NB as he is when he catches highlites of Josh Gorges. The ex hab vet scored three lone goals on the poor kid one play off series against rangers last year. (btw that series is when MB likely make up his mind on Gorges once and for all.

But NB is going to be a top four dman on the habs for years to come. Long after the the likes of gonchar, gilbert and weaver are forgotten.

you know it Donny!

I'm Paul, but we're easy to tell apart... I'm the good lookin', intelligent guy with a great sense of humor.

Donny's the other guy. :rofl:

• Upvote 1

Slowly..'nigh imperceptively.. the first bright golden startling streams of gloom-dispelling light upon the distant horizon, pierce tired and hungry eyes long dry. Thus is signalled once more, the soul 's ever stirring march of hope and beauty across our frozen land. And in the distance, shimmering ,diffuse in outline against the faintly receding gloom.. .the holy grail...the cup...the cup, ...our cup. Our cup so long lost and and so long wandering from her home.

Is my gloom after all, shade of His hand outstretched caressingly?

Slowly..'nigh imperceptively.. the first bright golden startling streams of gloom-dispelling light are pierced by tired and hungry eyes long dry, upon the distant horizon. Thus is signalled once more, the soul 's ever stirring march of hope and beauty across our frozen land. And in the distance, shimmering ,diffuse in outline against the faintly receding gloom.. .the holy grail...the cup...the cup, ...our cup. Our cup long lost and wandering.

Is my gloom after all, shade of His hand outstretched caressingly?

Where do you find this stuff? It's great.

At least it certainly offers a distinctive difference in point of view.

Where do you find this stuff? It's great.

At least it certainly offers a distinctive difference in point of view.

Why thank you good sir. I just started writing it and it kind of took off with a few edits.

The last line..the world's finest ever explanation to the problem of evil and suffering.. is a complete steal

It's from an alcoholic poet genius named Francis Thompson and his poem "Hound of Heaven" as he reflects upon his inner life, problems and worries and why a supposedly loving God might permit his great suffering.

"And is my gloom after all, shade of His hand outstretched caressingly?"

All quite a bit over the top for a Habs board.. but I couldn't resist.

Cheers

Why thank you good sir. I just started writing it and it kind of took off with a few edits.

The last line..the world's finest ever explanation to the problem of evil and suffering.. is a complete steal

It's from an alcoholic poet genius named Francis Thompson and his poem "Hound of Heaven" as he reflects upon his inner life, problems and worries and why a supposedly loving God might permit his great suffering.

"And is my gloom after all, shade of His hand outstretched caressingly?"

All quite a bit over the top for a Habs board.. but I couldn't resist.

Cheers

What the heck a little class never hurt anyone, feel free to carry on as I know you will.

What the heck a little class never hurt anyone, feel free to carry on as I know you will.

Hahahahaha. ... all my friends put up with the same weaknesses..

Thanks!