Montreal Canadiens at NY Rangers | January 29th, 2015 | 1900 EST

lazy26

I like that line. Looked liked we finally had a solid fourth at beginning of the season. It should just stay together for 82 games barring injury.

We all talk about getting that top six forward or a top four defenceman between now and the deadline but you can make a case that adding a couple of 2nd/3rd line forwards (to push Prust/Weise back to that strong fourth line) could also be a priority and perhaps easier to accomplish too. We're seeing that the prospects aren't really ready to take on top-9 roles so they may covet that type of addition. And getting that original fourth line back together would be nice.

BTW, now that Thomas has played a few games with the big club I was wondering how Kristo is doing in the Rangers system. does anyone know?

9 goals, 12 assists in 39 AHL games. Like Thomas, he hasn't panned out yet, both seem to be 2nd line AHL'ers at this stage.

Despise the Rangers. Kreider , would like to see him get clobbered and put out of action.

Fourth line? well it is what it is, i think it would have a better chance of team contribution if there was some consistency with who is on it. Unless i check on here, usually cant tell who is on the fourth line till half way through the first period. Its different every night.

As Nilan said "emelin has to find his game. If he does not the habs need to find a player that can play they way he used to, or bring up Tinordi.

I hope that if Kreider so much as puts a toe in the crease that someone (Prust, Beaulieu, or ??) pounds him. I also would like to see Tinordi get some playing time in Montreal so that he is ready to make a strong contribution in the playoffs, but has he fully recovered from the "flu"?

I hope that if Kreider so much as puts a toe in the crease that someone (Prust, Beaulieu, or ??) pounds him. I also would like to see Tinordi get some playing time in Montreal so that he is ready to make a strong contribution in the playoffs, but has he fully recovered from the "flu"?

I wouldn't be surprised if they traded Tinordi over the summer. I heard his dad talk on TSN690 and he mentioned that he would have to talk with over the summer MTL about being a good fit. There's a spot for him somewhere in the league and he loses his waiver exemption next year. If there's one prospect in the system that can help them land a big fish, it's him.

As far as just getting a 2nd/3rd liner, that's a great idea as long as it's not Bergenheim, Boyes, Fleishmann or Kopecky.

I'd hate to trade him because of MT stupidity if playing a slug like Murray over him last year and Allan earlier this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they traded Tinordi over the summer. I heard his dad talk on TSN690 and he mentioned that he would have to talk with over the summer MTL about being a good fit. There's a spot for him somewhere in the league and he loses his waiver exemption next year. If there's one prospect in the system that can help them land a big fish, it's him.

As far as just getting a 2nd/3rd liner, that's a great idea as long as it's not Bergenheim, Boyes, Fleishmann or Kopecky.

Guest Stogey24

Mark Tinordi mentioned he may be a better fit somewhere else too.

Guest Stogey24

Of course he's going to say that. He wants his boy playing in the NHL.

Yeah, because he should be up at least getting some looks. Look at Beaulieu, the kids been one of the better D-men out there since call up

He said that because Habs are a contender and is tough to crack lineup, while on a weaker team he might have better chance of be a regular on NHL roster.

(Stepan simply sucks on faceoffs.)

So most prognosticators think Rangers are better and will win eh? And no one has rebutted that point of view and stood up for poor underdog Habs?

Makes me sad! :cry_smile:

It is one of those games that has that eerily negative vibe surrounding it. As was said, the Rangers do match up well against us lately but I like that the game is on the road in this situation. The longer we can play a solid road game and keep the game close, the more the odds will sway in our favor. Hoping for a decent first period.

Final thought: I think our second line (AG, DD, BG) will be our best tonight.

I have mentioned in the past about the difference having Price in net instead of Tokarski against the Rangers. Except for the obvious reason that Price is all around better, he can handle the puck and start the breakout from our zone. Against the aggressive fore checking Rangers, this has been a problem dating back to the playoff series last season and the game this year when we got thumped with Tokarski in. That part of the game is very undervalued in determining the outcome in my opinion. Just wait and see the difference in the flow of tonight's game compared to the other recent ones. And yes, both clubs are very similar in how they are built and how they play.

I have mentioned in the past about the difference having Price in net instead of Tokarski against the Rangers. Except for the obvious reason that Price is all around better, he can handle the puck and start the breakout from our zone. Against the aggressive fore checking Rangers, this has been a problem dating back to the playoff series last season and the game this year when we got thumped with Tokarski in. That part of the game is very undervalued in determining the outcome in my opinion. Just wait and see the difference in the flow of tonight's game compared to the other recent ones. And yes, both clubs are very similar in how they are built and how they play.

They took full advantage. I guess Kreider just smoked Halak, that's the fourth goalie he's creamed in a year or so.

I'm going to enjoy having a rivalry game. This year has been really light on big games. The Habs played three games versus the Bruins in the drop of a hat, and Toronto once.

(But on second thought maybe the league wants MTL to play the Leafs during their "bad half" so the Canadian national media doesn't embarrass themselves)

Here you go Don:

Habs win tonight 4-2..Max gets out of his mini-slump, Alex and PK also find the net. how about Pleks too

Cool, thanks sir. :canada:

I gave up on predicting wins-losses, but would think a team with worse record lately/lower in standings/ just lost and are going up against a "MVP' type goalie who must be getting into minds of shooters al across the league...wouldnt be favoured.

I dont under estimate the rangers. they smoked us with toker in net yes. They also smoked us with price in net in the play offs. They have what we have , except they are younger, bigger, and play a more physical game .......and lets face it they have our number lately.

Here you go Don:

Habs win tonight 4-2..Max gets out of his mini-slump, Alex and PK also find the net. how about Pleks too

Max in a slump playing with pleks. Nooo. Plekanics wingers always fill the net.

Pax played 5 straight games with pleks and gionta last year. Scored exactly zero goals.

how could weise not score on that chance???

Just saw the replay...he shot directly on Lundquists pad!

Just saw the second replay...that looks like a goal!