Montreal Canadiens at NY Rangers | January 29th, 2015 | 1900 EST

lazy26

Got to say after seeing Lundqvist give up softie and Leaf goalie 'do his thing' on Coyote shot and goal from over centre, short-handed at that, gotta give thanks again to ol Gainey for not picking Marc Stall in 2005!

Bring on Ovi!

Boone said Habs on best pace since Pat Burns team of 88-89 and that darn year losing finals at home to Gilmore, MacDonald and crew.

Was at game four. Gilmour and Macinnis killed us that game.

Boy did we see some goaltending last night or what?! Two of the world's best right there. As if I picked 4-2 Habs! Should've known better...got the W though, and Max did break out of his mini-slump

good calls.

That just shows how exciting a game can be with no scoring. That was awesome. Something to prove by both sides?

So the lineup wasn't such bad coaching?

Why does Emelin seem 1/2 the player he was before his surgery (in term of putting opponents on their ass)?

Simply lost half-step due to knee injury, is it a mental thing as well, or maybe because is not playing with Markov on his wrong side anymore?

Why does Emelin seem 1/2 the player he was before his surgery (in term of putting opponents on their ass)?

Simply lost half-step due to knee injury, is it a mental thing as well, or maybe because is not playing with Markov on his wrong side anymore?

I think the coaches want him to forget about going after the big hit and focus on his positioning. I think he's gotten better now that he's playing with Gilbert against soft competition. He got completely shredded last year versus the Rangers speed. I've always thought that he was a better player in big games, he was a KHLer for a lot of years and they only play 54 games or something there.

Guest Stogey24

I think the coaches want him to forget about going after the big hit and focus on his positioning. I think he's gotten better now that he's playing with Gilbert against soft competition. He got completely shredded last year versus the Rangers speed. I've always thought that he was a better player in big games, he was a KHLer for a lot of years and they only play 54 games or something there.

I don't think he's been better with Gilbert at all. This has been Emelin's worst year by far. I don't think its 100% his fault though. He's told not to go for the hit as said before

Better playing with Gilbert? This has been Emelin's worst year by far

I think he means better playing with Gilbert...on the third pairing. That means he's facing lesser competition than he was when he was up with Subban or on the second pairing. That takes some of the pressure off.

Guest Stogey24

I think he means better playing with Gilbert...on the third pairing. That means he's facing lesser competition than he was when he was up with Subban or on the second pairing. That takes some of the pressure off.

Yeah, but its like he'll have a great play or have a good hit; then next shift he'll throw the puck right up the middle of the ice in his own end