Training camp callups?

dlbalr

Brendan Gallagher ‏@BGALLY17

Gunna have to battle with @AGally94 for who gets to keep the nickname and who will now be called Alex

josh gorges ‏@jgorges26

@BGALLY17 @agally94 I think both of you guys will be called rookie anyways so we won't have to worry about it this year!! #rockpiles

Love this.

Just read an article on another site where the author said Leblanc is being destroyed by the Hamilton staff. Has anyone else seen the article and why would this be happening to him? If true that is not the style of player development we should expect from the Montreal Canadiens organization.

I guess he has been butting heads with the head coach, Lefebvre. Marc Denis wrote an article which sounded like complete fluff and speculation.

I guess he has been butting heads with the head coach, Lefebvre. Marc Denis wrote an article which sounded like complete fluff and speculation.

First off, one of the articles about this is presently on the front page under the links if anyone's interested.

As for Leblanc himself, this isn't too surprising. The way he has been used this season is nothing short of baffling. Even with all of the injuries the Bulldogs have faced, it's rare that he gets top-6 ice time. Heck, the last few games he has been used with guys who started the year in the ECHL (Lefebvre and Chaput) on the 3rd line. His confidence is shot right now, that much is obvious. Hopefully with the guys in camp being up he can get into a scoring role and see if he can't get going again.

Leblanc just called up with 4 other players for an intra squad game on Thursday. Who knows he may show the coaches in Montreal he deserves to stay. Not likely but not impossible.

If Eller ends up playing the left wing as rumoured for next practices and there's a spot open on the third line center, I could see Montreal trying Leblanc in the role.

Patches - DD - Cole

Eller - Plekanec - Bourque/Gionta

Moen/Prust - Leblanc - Gionta/Bourque

Prust/Moen - White/Nokia - Armstrong

If Galchenyuk makes the team he could play that top six LW role and Leblanc would be a maybe on the fourth line RW switching duties with Armstrong. He's certainly capable enough. I liked his play. Otherwise they need to yell at Lefevbre to play Leblanc or go back to Hartford.

If Eller ends up playing the left wing as rumoured for next practices and there's a spot open on the third line center, I could see Montreal trying Leblanc in the role.

Leblanc has been permanently converted to the wing, it was announced early in the season. Prust and White are both W/C options, I could easily see them trying Prust in a 3rd line centre role. Leblanc is only up for the scrimmage game, I don't even think those guys are skating in the practices with the rest of them.

Leblanc has been permanently converted to the wing, it was announced early in the season. Prust and White are both W/C options, I could easily see them trying Prust in a 3rd line centre role. Leblanc is only up for the scrimmage game, I don't even think those guys are skating in the practices with the rest of them.

If that's the case, Leblanc will be fighting with Armstrong for fourth line winger. Not a spot he wants to be in.

If that's the case, Leblanc will be fighting with Armstrong for fourth line winger. Not a spot he wants to be in.

I wouldn't go that far even. He'll be back in Hamilton on Friday. The only reason these guys are up now is that Hamilton had to fly out to BC last night and it wouldn't make sense for the 5 guys to fly out and play today, then fly back to Montreal on Wednesday (or play both games and fly back Thursday morning).

Looks more like a guy who is having a hard time skating on a bad ankle to me.

It's likely some of each. He has played bottom six minutes virtually all year (regardless of who is hurt which is rather curious on a team that can't score to save their life) which hasn't helped his confidence, nor is coming back from that type of injury.