Roy Resigns

C-Love

It's a great day for the Avalanche. Now they can get someone who might actually pay attention to defence, an element of hockey that is still required in this day and age despite Roy's complete indifference to the position since he got the job in the first place.

Look at his statement - “I have thought long and hard over the course of the summer how I might improve this team to give it the depth it needs and bring it to a higher level. To achieve this, the vision of the coach and VP (of) Hockey Operations needs to be perfectly aligned with that of the organization. He must also have a say in the decisions that impact the team’s performance. These conditions are not currently met."

In other words, I'm not getting my way in personnel decisions anymore (the belief is that GM Sakic has stepped in and taken a greater role in personnel moves this summer) so I'm walking away.

I don't care where he goes next as long as it's not the Habs...anywhere but the Habs. He's not that good of a coach and his player selection with the Avs has been lousy at best.

Imagine Roy and Muller behind the bench :habslogo: Too cool for words.

J.J. is once again chopped liver.

Ramage is working as player development coach. Dufresne is a former AHL assistant coach. Denis Savard once coached the Blackhawks before they became good. Big ol' 93 reunion! It'll be like the Oilers!

Easy, boys - all I said is, it'd be cool. Which it would. Scrubs like Dufesne and Daigneault are nothing compared to those two, in terms of stature with the Habs.

I've never been an enthusiast for Roy as coach, however, mostly because he doesn't seem willing to ever be a subordinate and therefore has to moonlight as GM - not a great recipe.

Easy, boys - all I said is, it'd be cool. Which it would. Scrubs like Dufesne and Daigneault are nothing compared to those two, in terms of stature with the Habs.

I've never been an enthusiast for Roy as coach, however, mostly because he doesn't seem willing to ever be a subordinate and therefore has to moonlight as GM - not a great recipe.

I do not want him as coach. He is arrogant and a bad choice for this team.

He's one of the worst coaches to come into the league in the last ten years.

Guys like him and Hartley are why Quenneville has been one of the best coaches in the NHL and never won a Jack Adams as a Blackhawk. Giving Roy the Jack Adams was so stupid. The writers need to be told DO NOT reward a coach for a team having a big turnaround. Reward the best coach at their job.

Guys like him and Hartley are why Quenneville has been one of the best coaches in the NHL and never won a Jack Adams as a Blackhawk. Giving Roy the Jack Adams was so stupid. The writers need to be told DO NOT reward a coach for a team having a big turnaround. Reward the best coach at their job.

Has Babcock won it yet? I know he was left out for a long time.

Ahhh what can ya do, I mean Weber hasn't even got one Norris trophy yet, what the heck is with that!

Has Babcock won it yet? I know he was left out for a long time.

Prior to Trotz winning this year, four out of the past five winners had been fired soon after winning the Jack Adams (Bylsma, MacLean, Roy, Hartley). For some reason the writers got on a kick of giving it to "the coach that turned a bad team around" instead of trying to hand it to the best coach in the regular season. Trotz winning is hopefully the turnaround of that, but we still have a lot of guys without a trophy.

Babcock: no Jack Adams trophies

Quenneville: last won 16 years ago in St. Louis

Sutter: Two cups, no Adams

Ruff: Last won it 10 years ago with Sabres

The last time a coach had the President's trophy winning team and won the Jack Adams was Quenneville. Last time a Jack Adams winning coach was the coach who won the Stanley Cup? Bowman in 76-77.