Manny Malhotra signs a 1 year deal

dlbalr

He's turning out to be a hugely valuable acquisition. Almost a case study in the smart use of free agency in the cap era: identify a highly affordable guy on a short-term contract who brings very specific, definite qualities that the team really needs, then sign him. I thought he'd help, but I didn't think he'd be as good as he's been. A great, under-the-radar piece of GMing by Zoot Suit.

He's turning out to be a hugely valuable acquisition. Almost a case study in the smart use of free agency in the cap era: identify a highly affordable guy on a short-term contract who brings very specific, definite qualities that the team really needs, then sign him. I thought he'd help, but I didn't think he'd be as good as he's been. A great, under-the-radar piece of GMing by Zoot Suit.

Well said Cuke. I completely agree. Malhotra has been a pleasant surprise!

He's going to give Plekanec a career year.

I agree sorta.

I do not think Plekanec will surpass his 2 best years, would be darn sweet, but 70+ points is alot these days.

I agree sorta.

I do not think Plekanec will surpass his 2 best years, would be darn sweet, but 70+ points is alot these days.

I wouldn't rule it out.

(1) Malhotra's taking (and winning) the defensive zone faceoffs that Plekanec used to take (and lose), freeing up Plekanec's shifts to start in the offensive zone.

(2) Plekanec is playing with Galchenyuk (who's looking like he got "superstar" tattooed on his ass during the off-season), and Parenteau (who's been great)...the best offensive linemates he's had in years.

(3) He's got 9 points in 8 games already. That means he only needs 61 points in his next 74 games to hit 70.

That means he only needs 61 points in his next 74 games to hit 70.

Even though i agree with your statement... easier said than done. We still have a long way yo go!

He had a 80+point winger when he had 'career' year and Galchenyuk wont get 80+ will he, even though he is wearing the same # as the last big winger Plekanec had?

Hope you are right, but Galchenyuk flew out of gates last year as well (but looks bigger/stronger/faster this year but still very very early)