Dustin Tokarski

Team Leaders
G Max Pacioretty (39)
A P.K. Subban (43)
PTS Thomas Vanek (67)
+/- Markov/Plekanec (+13)
PIMS Brandon Prust (121)
Injuries: Travis Moen, Brandon Prust, Dale Weise*
Scratches: Alexei Emelin, Andrei Markov, Douglas Murray (susp.), George Parros, Carey Price

Chicago Blackhawks (45-19-15)

Projected Lineup

extralarge.png

Patrick Sharp - Andrew Shaw - Marian Hossa
Kris Versteeg - Michal Handzus - Brandon Saad
Bryan Bickell - Ben Smith - Jeremy Morin
Brandon Bollig - Marcus Kruger - Joakim Nordstrom

Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook
Johnny Oduya - Niklas Hjalmarsson
Nick Leddy - Michal Rozsival

Corey Crawford
Antti Raanta

Team Leaders
G Patrick Sharp (33)
A Duncan Keith (54)
PTS Patrick Sharp (76)
+/- Seabrook/Toews (+26)
PIMS Brandon Bollig (92)
Injuries: Patrick Kane, Nikolai Khabibulin, Jonathan Toews
Scratches: Sheldon Brookbank, Matt Carey, Peter Regin, David Rundblad, Teuvo Teravainen

Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST TV: RDS, TSN Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

Finish Budaj's year with a nice shutout.

Well most get their wish and both Tinordi & Beaulieu draw in, will be interesting to see how they fare vs a slightly depleted Hawks.

Blackhawks missing Toews and Kane, and they're still good. Hopefully these last three games we can finish strong, the lightening caught back up to us, a home ice would be nice.

Max for 40 tonight! Go Habs go

Blackhawks missing Toews and Kane, and they're still good. Hopefully these last three games we can finish strong, the lightening caught back up to us, a home ice would be nice.

Max for 40 tonight! Go Habs go

These 3 games are just practice and whether win/lose, no big deal.

But, I am sure all will be feeding Pacioretty every chance they get and trying to set him up.

Even though the Hawks will be playing without Toews and Kane, we won't have our No.1 Goalie and 2 of our topr 3 d-men...so in the end, I think it's an even match-up.

Would be nice to see our boys win, but I won't go crazy if they lose. Chicago is a western team, makes no difference for us if they win or lose. What I would like to see is a couple of wins in the last two games of the season...just to insure we get home ice advantage.

Chicago is quite weak down the middle without Toews. I bet they fix that in the offseason. Or at least attempt to, since they have next to no money to spend on UFAs.

If I'm Mikhail Grabovski I call the Blackhawks on UFA day and say, "I'll sign one year, one mil. Win me a Cup." Pull a Paul Kariya.

Chicago is quite weak down the middle without Toews. I bet they fix that in the offseason. Or at least attempt to, since they have next to no money to spend on UFAs.

If I'm Mikhail Grabovski I call the Blackhawks on UFA day and say, "I'll sign one year, one mil. Win me a Cup." Pull a Paul Kariya.

You're assuming Grabovski wants to win more than cash in.

You're assuming Grabovski wants to win more than cash in.

I actually find it strange that more people don't pull the Pacioretty and get a great deal for the team. Honestly, maybe it's just cause I'm a chump, but the difference between making 7 mill a year and 7.5 mill a year isn't that big of a change, but if everyone took a tiny hit like that, the team could save milllllllions. We're talking about being able to sign Vanek, Markov, Subban and still have room for more. How much do you think Pacioretty would fetch as an UFA if he had that status this summer? I think he'd be about a 6.5 million dollar player.

The other side of that is the pressure that comes with the paycheck. Making less money could be more relaxing and maybe you could just play your game

Yea exactly, there's a lot to gain by taking a little less than what you might be able to get.

Maxpac signed after having a near career ending (and potentially debilitating injury), followed by a string of other injuries. His signing was probably more to do with the perspective of seeing the benefit of long term security in a place he liked than thinking about doing the team a cap favour.

I actually find it strange that more people don't pull the Pacioretty and get a great deal for the team. Honestly, maybe it's just cause I'm a chump, but the difference between making 7 mill a year and 7.5 mill a year isn't that big of a change, but if everyone took a tiny hit like that, the team could save milllllllions. We're talking about being able to sign Vanek, Markov, Subban and still have room for more. How much do you think Pacioretty would fetch as an UFA if he had that status this summer? I think he'd be about a 6.5 million dollar player.

Nice play by Wiese there. He was about to check that Blackhawk before he got to the red line, and that caused him to rush the play and force an icing call against Chicago. Good play.