2014 HW Fantasy Hockey

dlbalr

yahoo-fantasy-hockey-footer-2013.png

Our annual fantasy hockey pool, the SK League (named after Saku Koivu), is now open. It's a points-based league with 21-man rosters and three IR spots with up to 20 teams. If you were in the league last season, check your e-mail for the link to rejoin (if you don't see one, let me know). If you weren't and would like to play - we do have a few openings - please post a note here and indicate what e-mail to send the invite to (the ID/password deal from years past I don't believe works anymore).

Don't think I got an email, but definitely interested! Email is Ben.melindy@gmail.com

Only teams that were in the league last year got an e-mail (it's automated when the league gets carried forward). Or were you in the league but with a different e-mail address? I've sent an invite out.

Only teams that were in the league last year got an e-mail (it's automated when the league gets carried forward). Or were you in the league but with a different e-mail address? I've sent an invite out.

Please send me an invite Brian. svml@telusplanet.net. I am very interested, ok I am in if you send ne an invite.

I see the draft is on October 6th, starting at 5:00 I think. How exactly does it work?

Yahoo often shows times in PST, it's actually 8 PM EST. It's a live draft, random order, snake style. You get 90 seconds per pick (though if we get to 20 teams, I might look to drop that a little).

I should also note that for those who have posted interest that I'm waiting to hear from last year's GM's as to whether or not they'll be back before I send more invites out as the spots for newcomers have been filled (for now). As spots open up, I'll send out the invites.

Yahoo often shows times in PST, it's actually 8 PM EST. It's a live draft, random order, snake style. You get 90 seconds per pick (though if we get to 20 teams, I might look to drop that a little).

Love this style of draft. I'm actually doing an identical one with my buddies Friday. Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We've had a team drop out. It's currently in the middle of the pack in the standings but before the GM went missing, it was a top-5 squad. Players of note include Ben Bishop, Tyler Seguin, Nick Foligno, and a very strong defence corps (Suter, Hedman, Barrie, J. Johnson, and Hamilton). If you'd like to give the league a try, this is a good time to do so with half a season to go. If you're interested, let me know ASAP.