The Drive to Stay Alive...and score multiple goals - Habs vs Lightning, Game 4

dlbalr

He was a Habs killer that got killed by the Penguins. He was still a very good goalie who put up solid regular season numbers. His worst season came when he had problems with the Bruins head coach and his father died. Back when I was a kid before I learned to hate the Bruins (93-94) some of my favourite non-Habs were Bruins like Moog, Oates, Bourque and Juneau.

Moog played net for the habs when we beat the pens. But i know what you mean. In the early nineties he was lights out against us, then the next round the pens would fill the net against him. That happened 91 and 92 i believe.

Henrik Lundqvist is one of the best goalies in the league and has been for a decade.

Craig Anderson in 2012-2013 posted a 1.69 GAA and a .941 save percentage in 24 games in the regular season. That was the goalie that stoned us back then. You look at his career stints and he's the type of goalie who puts together 10 games of brilliant, top of the league performances and then always seems to come back crashing to earth either by injury or he just falters.

Ben Bishop was nominated for a Vezina trophy before Price was.

These are very good goaltenders. This isn't like a few years back when we were getting beaten by Philly's back-up and kept fearing French Canadian backup goalies. These are some of the best in the crease on a good day. Let's not forget that going into the Rangers series the Habs were positive because Lundqvist's worst career performances were at the Bell Centre. He stepped up in the playoffs.

I don't deny that they are very good goalies. But if you ever want to win anything, you're going to have to beat teams with good goalies. Winnings teams find ways to beat Anderson, Lundqvist, and Bishop. My issue is not that these guys play well against the Habs; it's that they render the Habs almost completely impotent, series after series. We, not they, are the key factor in this. Hopefully we can continue the process of turning that around tonight!

I don't deny that they are very good goalies. But if you ever want to win anything, you're going to have to beat teams with good goalies. Winnings teams find ways to beat Anderson, Lundqvist, and Bishop. My issue is not that these guys play well against the Habs; it's that they render the Habs almost completely impotent, series after series. We, not they, are the key factor in this. Hopefully we can continue the process of turning that around tonight!

Of course in the end it doesn't matter as long as you win. But if we're gonna analyze, there's no shame in losing to those goalies. Also, we didn't lose to Anderson. We won.

Of course in the end it doesn't matter as long as you win. But if we're gonna analyze, there's no shame in losing to those goalies. Also, we didn't lose to Anderson. We won.

Sure...but given the direction that series took once he became the starter, it's hard to be confident we would have won had Ottawa dressed him from the get-go.

You might as well say 'there's no shame' in losing series after series. We need to start finding ways to win against top goalies, just like other teams do. Otherwise, like I say, we will never win a thing.

You might as well say 'there's no shame' in losing series after series. We need to start finding ways to win against top goalies, just like other teams do. Otherwise, like I say, we will never win a thing.

We have Rask's number ... and I had thought for the longest time we had King Henrik too ... like, I say with Price in net, we win last playoff vs the Rags.

Chris you pessimist. 8 out of 9? We won 4 str8 last season, now they had 8, so we win 4, even. No domination. Get it?

Good goalies don't find themselves staring at the ice spread eagle. He has next to zero lateral movement, has problems finding rebounds in his feet. Has a slow glove hand. He is big and covers net. My buddy Sam Moon did that for years at the other end of the rink from me. Sammy is huge, but can't move either. Still covers the net. That is all Ben Bishop is, big. Wait him out, move a little to his left and snap it home.

Sam Moon the Atlantic Canada rock icon?

Sure...but given the direction that series took once he became the starter, it's hard to be confident we would have won had Ottawa dressed him from the get-go.

Yep, said it before play offs. If the habs meet a team where their goalie can match Price for a couple of weeks (a series).......habs are done. Period.