Tokarski, Moen on trading block?

ICEWATER77

Tokarski has trade value, Moen not so much. Together, they may gather some interest...heck, throw in a 3rd round pick and see who bites! Anaheim needs a quality backup, and Moen has ties there...

??? I'd be curious to see who you don't consider a good backup between Gibson and Andersen ?

Tokarski has trade value, Moen not so much. Together, they may gather some interest...heck, throw in a 3rd round pick and see who bites! Anaheim needs a quality backup, and Moen has ties there...

Tokarski has next-to-no trade value right now because of the looming waiver situation. Why trade for a player that's going to be available for free as early as sometime next week? (And at this stage, I'd be shocked if it wasn't Tokarski getting cut.) Tokarski isn't an upgrade on Gibson/Andersen either so I don't see the Ducks wanting him unless they decide that one of those two needs more AHL time. Even if so, they'd probably want a more veteran mentor-type goalie than Tokarski.

budaj is getting moved not tokarski if anybody. MB has shown that he will let loose the aging vets much more quickly. budaj for a 4th/5th rounder is my guess or a career AHL'er. Moen will fetch a 4th/5th rd pic as well.

Tokarski has next-to-no trade value right now because of the looming waiver situation. Why trade for a player that's going to be available for free as early as sometime next week? (And at this stage, I'd be shocked if it wasn't Tokarski getting cut.) Tokarski isn't an upgrade on Gibson/Andersen either so I don't see the Ducks wanting him unless they decide that one of those two needs more AHL time. Even if so, they'd probably want a more veteran mentor-type goalie than Tokarski.

I will be shocked if they let Tokarski go. Budaij is a great guy but only an ok backup. Tokarski although small has potential starter written all over him.

Moen has value to teams. Trust me on that. It's Montreal who doesn't want to move a guy like him. He's phenomenal depth for a contending team.

There's absolutely no goalie market right now. Nobody is going to trade for a goalie when there are still quality back ups unsigned.

suppose moen gets moved. what do u think about JDL getting the call up when there's an injury?

He'd probably have competition with Thomas and Ghetto. Like times before, I'd probably see a few get call-up attempts. Nattinen, St. Pierre, Dumont, Thomas, Holland, Blunden and Leblanc all got games last season and it wasn't like we were injured like the 11-12 season.

Seen on a FB page that someone knew a Junior scout who heard that Montreal were talking to Chicago about shipping Moen and Reway for Bickell. Sure doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as Bickell makes $4mil.

No way MB trades veteran depth and potential for a 4mil bottom six forward :bonk:...not unless there is a first round pick coming back. Even then I don't think that is where our fearless leader would allocate our precious cap space

Seen on a FB page that someone knew a Junior scout who heard that Montreal were talking to Chicago about shipping Moen and Reway for Bickell. Sure doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as Bickell makes $4mil.

We also can't afford that.

I'd take that with a grain of a grain of salt.

I'd take that deal to land Bickell, but Hawks would need to give up a second rounder.

I like Bickell for playoff season, he is a truck and has shown his worth in the playoffs.....

He would add serious size, grit and physical play, and we are short on those guys by one at least, and we don't really have one ready in Hamilton. It's only money management, and how close Bergevin thinks we are to getting to the finals.

All that said, I have my doubts...

I will be shocked if they let Tokarski go. Budaij is a great guy but only an ok backup. Tokarski although small has potential starter written all over him.

I doubt many teams see him that way. Let's not forget, he's about to be 25 years old and to this point in his career, has had all of about one good month in the NHL. That's not screaming future starter, nor is the fact that he's one of the smallest goalies in pro hockey at the moment. Teams aren't going to be falling over themselves at the prospect of adding Dustin Tokarski. If they were, it would have cost more than an underachieving Cedrick Desjardins to get him two years ago back when he was still a prospect. And if they were...he'd be somewhere else by now. If there's a team that thinks he's #1 material, they'll make an offer to trade for him rather than risk not getting him on waivers. That hasn't happened and it won't happen.

I know people are excited about him since he had a good playoff run but five games isn't going to turn him from a decent third string depth goalie (which is what he has been to this point) to a potential starter of the future for someone. No smart team changes their judgment of a player in that short of a sample size. From a third stringer to maybe a potential backup? That I could believe but not from a #3 to a #1.

And as MoLG reiterated above, there are lots of goalies out there right now. No one's trading anything of value for a backup goalie (like Tokarski could be for a handful of teams) when there are comparable goalies on waivers and in free agency.

• Upvote 1

Brian I remember when the trade happened (an amazing feat for me) and I was thinking The bolts are nuts. Tokarski was head and shoulders better than Desjardins who couldn't beat out Robert Mayer for crying out loud. I very seldom agree with Le Genius but he was right when he brought Tokarski in and said "he has been a winner at every level" which he has been. I hope that other teams don't see him as a starter, so we can keep him. I think I have a lot more faith in Tokarski pulling us through a bad stretch and getting us some wins if the great pumpkin forbid Carey goes down than if Budaji comes to the rescue. Buds is a great guy and has the team 1st mentality. Never have I seen a guy that gracious in a bad situation. I have a ton of respect for him. However I think Dustin has to be the backup. Lets see if we can get anything for buds or let him play in Hamilton until something opens up.

The only team I even remotely seeing taking Tokarski on waivers in Winnipeg, who has a terrible starter and would consider Tokarski their own since he's from neighbouring Saskatchewan. But that would take the Jets organization being proactive, which they never are.

The only team I even remotely seeing taking Tokarski on waivers in Winnipeg, who has a terrible starter and would consider Tokarski their own since he's from neighbouring Saskatchewan. But that would take the Jets organization being proactive, which they never are.

This not bad news this is great. I hope everyone thinks he is a dog.

Keep Tokarski. Great back up for Carey. See no value in keeping Moen. Even as a depth player in case of injury. Would rather see young guy(s) chomping at the bit come up as injury fill in. Moen has looked incredibly slow. MT using him on the PK is questionable to say the least. Time to say "thanks for coming out" Travis.

Guest Stogey24

Keep Tokarski. Great back up for Carey. See no value in keeping Moen. Even as a depth player in case of injury. Would rather see young guy(s) chomping at the bit come up as injury fill in. Moen has looked incredibly slow. MT using him on the PK is questionable to say the least. Time to say "thanks for coming out" Travis.

Other than stone hands, Moen didn't really look out of place in the pre season games. I agree with you, but I think he might be tough to move

Guest Stogey24

What if we sent a package to Edmonton for Yakopov? They definitely need depth in the goalie position and a package of Tokarski/Moen/ + could do it....

It would take atleast a first round pick to get Yakapov. If M.B is truly after character players, then he wouldn't go after Yakapov