2016 NHL Entry Draft Thread

dlbalr

The d man it is!

I hope he's great, but I am also so sick of picking defensemen in the 1st round ESPECIALLY when we traded two 2nd round picks for a bottom 6 forward. Eventually this team HAS to bring in someone who can score.

This is really just a feeling on my part but I feel that it is easier to get good D men in the later picks then it is to get good forwards. I would have preferred to see a forward picked. Should the russian factor be a concern?

Do you think it Should have been a forward though?

We need both. would have preferred to move the 3 2nds to move up, or for another 1st.

Do you think it Should have been a forward though?

Given who was left, no. The Habs have pretty much no one on the left side in the prospect pool. It was an alarming area of need, especially since Beaulieu may not be the top pairing player many hoped he'd be. Had Nylander fallen, I'd have wanted him but this is a good fit of BPA and need at the same time.

Bean goes before Chychrun. I wonder if Carolina will regret that down the road.

Some team is going to be very happy selecting Chychrun this late. Too bad the Habs don't have any trade ammo left to try and get the next pick.

And the rich get richer. I am beginning to hate Detroit.

Yes, some franchises just seem to have a horsehoe up their collective ass. Through sheer luck they land not one, but two franchise players (Datsyuk and Zetterberg) and then manage to offload the contract painlessly, while vacuuming up Stamkos, who will of course go to Detroit because of a reputation for being a 'great organization' which is, in fact, rooted in the aforementioned pure luck. They haven't done dick all in years and yet are still spoken of in breathless tones as the Gold Standard for NHL teams. Drives me batty.

So did Bergevin trade those 2nd round picks so he could sleep in an extra 15 minutes tomorrow, or is he likely to try to get into the 2nd round this year?

I'm almost postive we'll see some action tomorrow involving MB. My guess is Emelin/pick gets traded for a late 2nd.