Draft Lottery Night, 8 PM EST, TSN

dlbalr

but we have Tinordi, Beaulieu as top D prospects, we need prospects at center, we need a top franchise center!!! please don't draft a D unless all the good centers are gone...

I think you still take the best player available. If we have a ton of D prospects then you use one as bait to land that forward. What would Beaulieu fetch via trade for instance?

I think you still take the best player available. If we have a ton of D prospects then you use one as bait to land that forward. What would Beaulieu fetch via trade for instance?

if you use the prospect to get another player to fill a need, then i'm all for it, but then again, why not just deal the pick AT THE DRAFT before making the selection if you see you won't get the player you want. That way, it's more interesting for the other GM because he gets to pick whoever he wants...

if you use the prospect to get another player to fill a need, then i'm all for it, but then again, why not just deal the pick AT THE DRAFT before making the selection if you see you won't get the player you want. That way, it's more interesting for the other GM because he gets to pick whoever he wants...

I think you need to evaluate whether the upside of the player you are selecting is better than what you can get via trade. If you the best player on the board is better than what you can get via trade then you select him. if the player on the board is not as good as what is being offered then you make the deal.

Personally I'd try to make a move to see if we can nab Heberdeau using our current assets

The Trouba talk is the myth that Timmins only loves American Defencemen.

We've had 9 first round picks since Timmins took over as Head Scout

4 have been forwards (1 Belarus, 1 Western Canada, 1 Quebec, 1 North East US)

4 have been defencemen (2 Minnesota, 1 Michigan, 1 QMJHL)

1 has been a goalie (British Columbia)

In the one year we didn't have a first round pick we picked a forward as well in the second round.

This idea that he is biased to US defencemen because he's taken 3 out of 9 first round picks on them, is something the French media has played up, but isn't true.

I hear taking the BPA is the smart way to go? And Murray and Dumba must be fairly high on Timmins list, but Galchenyuk, Forsberg and Grigorenko are likely targets i would guess.

Beaulieu & Plekanec package, may get you an upgrade at centre possibly (Getzlaf?), or a Gomez-like bust and a repeat of McDonagh trade?haha

• Upvote 1

I'm still in the camp of wanting a winger before center, but sadly the only winger aside from Yakupov is Forsberg, and I'm not really sold on him yet. It's hard to get an idea of where Swedish league players stand in comparison to other prospects. If we don't win the lottery, my top priority would then become Grigerenko or Galchenyuk.

Teams are valuing top 6 forward prospects ahead of top 4 defence prospects right now (especially if the forward is a centre). We see this in the results of the last few drafts where.

Cowen fell, with lower ranked guys like Glennie, and Kadri taken ahead of him.

Fowler and Gormley fell, with lower ranked players like Johanssen, Neiderreiter, Connolly, Skinner, Burmistrov, all taken ahead of them.

Dougie Hamilton and Ryan Murphy fell with lower ranked players like Strome, Zibanejad, Couturier, and Schiefele all passing them; and then other forwards passing Beaulieu and allowing him to fall to us.

Then we have the Aulie for Ashton deal where Tampa clearly got the better player, over Carter "Ben Maxwell" Ashton 15 games 0 pts -10

This all tells me that if you trade a young unproven D for a young unproven forward, expect that you'll be downgrading in player value because teams have realized forwards are more rare than defencemen.

Unless the Isles or Toronto win the draft they will wind up with Galyenchuk or Grigerenko. Book it. Forsberg's stats or his play in WJ's didn't really impress me. i think Timmins stays away form him. .

If one of those win it the habs may not get the shot at a center, in that case you go Dumba. If i'm not mistaken he is smallish, very hard worker and a great shot at the point.

He's be better than Weber, Diaz, Campoli back there.

Besides, you can't Akberle and Markov passing the puck for 2 minutes. You don't get points for completing passes. They need another shot at the point besides Subban.

All three look like winners to me, but I like Trouba's game best.

About Rielly?

I really don't like the idea of drafting a d-man... maybe thats why I'm mentioning the supposed next eric karlson

I've got serious concerns about Dumba's game, especially his hockey IQ and decision making.

Seems appropriate. :)

I really just don't want the Leafs to win.

Is anyone else a bit nervous that the Habs will pick 1st?

Halleujah [about the Leafs]. I'll be happy if the Habs either stay where they are or pick #1.