Will Bitten, #70 Overall

Commandant

Ya I'm happy with it. Probably the best player available at that time based on the rankings. He went through a lot this year in Flint. Said to have lots of character

Is Dalton Thrower and Hayden Hawkey still in the organization? If so they are still tops for me.

I love Dalton Thrower, and if I recall he does fight so really cool.

I love Dalton Thrower, and if I recall he does fight so really cool.

Unfortunately that's about all he can do. At two years of minor pro, he's a third pairing defenceman in the ECHL and is squarely in bust territory.

Too bad we couldn't have picked 69th. Cliff Pu would have been a steal. I like Bitten though. Solid player with some upside. I really liked Allard as well. Bitten was the right choice though.

Does bitten remind anyone else of Duclair? Similar stats in the draft year (bitten's actually better I think). Similar size, but with heart and grit. And from what I can tell a great shot.

Too bad we couldn't have picked 69th. Cliff Pu would have been a steal. I like Bitten though. Solid player with some upside. I really liked Allard as well. Bitten was the right choice though.

Bitten is better than Pu in my book... by a long shot.

Bitten is better than Pu in my book... by a long shot.

With Pu, he's a projectable pick. He hasn't played a whole lot since he was behind so many people in London so you're more or less assuming he's going to take that big step forward in the next year or two if you take him. I'm not a big fan of his from what I saw of him but he's the big swing type of pick a lot of people like to see in the draft. I'm quite pleased with how this pick turned out. I think Bitten will win a lot of fans over quickly.