February 7, 2013, Montreal vs Buffalo, 7 PM

dlbalr

After spending that much time on the PK, I'm certainly happy to see the Habs with the lead going into the 3rd. For all the flak Budaj is getting, he's turned in a decent performance so far. He is a backup goalie, we can't expect top notch performances out of him.

Montreal's faceoff play is so Jekyll and Hyde it's not funny. After a great night against Boston, the top faceoff team, yesterday, Eller is just 29% against Buffalo, the worst faceoff team. The Habs as a team are 46%.

After spending that much time on the PK, I'm certainly happy to see the Habs with the lead going into the 3rd. For all the flak Budaj is getting, he's turned in a decent performance so far. He is a backup goalie, we can't expect top notch performances out of him.

Decent? Diaz made more key saves in the 2nd.... His glove was in the right place twice and a bunch hit the shirt. He has given up terrible rebounds and has been baled out all game. Anything but a decent showing.

Decent? Diaz made more key saves in the 2nd.... His glove was in the right place twice and a bunch hit the shirt. He has given up terrible rebounds and has been baled out all game. Anything but a decent showing.

26 saves through 2 periods. Sure, the saves haven't been pretty but my concern isn't with how the saves are made but rather that the saves are made. From that standpoint, he has had a decent game in my books.

26 saves through 2 periods. Sure, the saves haven't been pretty but my concern isn't with how the saves are made but rather that the saves are made. From that standpoint, he has had a decent game in my books.

Saves is not what I worry about as an ex-goalie. It isn't just the pucks you save, it is rebound control and position after the save.\YEAH!!!!!PLEKS!!!!

2 of the saves he will get stats for were by Diaz one or two were from center ice, stats don't tell the story.

Would be 15 saves if he had any rebound control....

In other news...PLEKS SCORED ON A BREAKAWAY....

Package White and BUdaj for one of these.

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/mylec-3d-mine-hockey-goalie-buddy

And I have always like White, but this year he is hurting us more than helping. Ott did turtle though.