Brandon Prust - Lars Eller - Jiri Sekac
Manny Malhotra - Dale Weise

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban
Sergei Gonchar - Alexei Emelin
Bryan Allen - Mike Weaver
Tom Gilbert

Dustin Tokarski
Carey Price

Injuries: Michael Bournival; Fournier, Gregoire, Thrower (SOIR)

Scratches: Nathan Beaulieu, Drayson Bowman

New York Rangers (8-7-4)

Projected Lineup

player_nyr.gif

Martin St. Louis - Derek Stepan - Chris Kreider
Rick Nash - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Anthony Duclair - Kevin Hayes - Carl Hagelin
Tanner Glass - Dominic Moore - Jesper Fast

Dan Girardi - Marc Staal
Kevin Klein - Matt Hunwick
John Moore - Dan Boyle

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Injuries: Ryan McDonagh, Lee Stempniak

Scratches: None

Team Leaders Montreal NY Rangers

Game Notes

Goals Pacioretty (10) Nash (13) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists 3 tied with (9) Brassard  (9) National TV: City, NHLN-US
Points Pacioretty (18) Nash (20) Regional TV: RDS, MSG
PIMS Prust (30) Kreider (40) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Pacioretty (+13) 3 tied with (+4) French Radio: FM 98.5

On my way to the game!!

Meeting my brothers in NY..haven't been together in 4 years. Cause to celebrate!!

Can anyone recommend any good bars in the MSG area for some pre-game shenanigans??

That's just terrific Helmethead. What a treat for you all. Have a great night of it.

Why the hell I was born 6573 kilometres away from Canada? I'm sad. Actually, I'm depressed. Only Habs can change it. Everyone knows how! Gooo Habs Goooo! Kick Kreider's knees... I mean ass.

Habs are a universal team Kuter. How do you watch the games in Poland? (don't say... with my eyes, ok.... :blush: )

I don't know if it's just me (judging by how few posts there are on here, I suspect not) but there seems to be a general indifference about this game. It's the end of a long stretch of games in a short time frame and it's after a win against Boston. It just doesn't really feel like a game night for some reason.

As for the Habs, same old, same old in that first period. I'm surprised they've been credited with 11 shots.

I don't know if it's just me (judging by how few posts there are on here, I suspect not) but there seems to be a general indifference about this game. It's the end of a long stretch of games in a short time frame and it's after a win against Boston. It just doesn't really feel like a game night for some reason.

As for the Habs, same old, same old in that first period. I'm surprised they've been credited with 11 shots.

Maybe just a Sunday syndrome. I'm not used to cheering for Les Boys on a Sunday evening. Cosmic harmonies? Interesting to see the energy level in a two game weekend. And funnily enough I don't think too many of us are that worried about what the team is doing, as we seem pretty confident in what we are bringing this year.

Brandon Prust led the Habs in TOI with 7:55 in the 1st. There's overplaying him and then there's playing him eight minutes in a period. Half of that is around where he should be.

Before anyone suggests that this is a one-off, keep in mind he played an astounding 18 minutes yesterday. He's being way overused.

Personally, i'm trying to avoid posting in the first period - posts would be way to negative. Don't know what it is about the team's 1st period starts and horrible PP in general.

note Smith in his interview is wearing Oiler colours with Scotiabank double blinking on the scarf he obviously didn't wear to the game.

Ugly. Wait for the commercial time Scotiabank. Don't piff us off.

Brandon Prust led the Habs in TOI with 7:55 in the 1st. There's overplaying him and then there's playing him eight minutes in a period. Half of that is around where he should be.

I also think there were way too many shifts where Weaver was out with the MaxPac line. MT needs to ensure that top line is out with one of Subban, Markov or Gonchar.

I thought I was seeing a lot of him this period. Perhaps MT is giving the rest of the bench a little dig.

Pleks soft as a marshmallow on ranger goal. Lost draw to moore then let the ranger center walk by him to the front of tokarski, to put the loose puck in the net. ouch!

Sekac looking great.

that goal was more on Emelin and galchenyuk than Pleks.

The Habs started out really slow and couldn't get anything going. They started the game with two straight icings and a pp. Then the goal. What a bad giveaway from Galchenyuk.

The Habs got a few good cycles going towards the end of the period, which is good, since their play the first ten minutes of the game is no way to beat Lundqvist.

Bryan Allen, practices or not, is very uninspiring the first two games. He's very weak transitioning the puck and this is bad news considering the Habs poor possession game. I don't see how having a below average veteran who makes mistakes is any worse than a kid making mistakes while learning from them.

Habs are a universal team Kuter. How do you watch the games in Poland? (don't say... with my eyes, ok.... :blush: )

You can buy GCL for 90-100$ (Playoffs aren't included). We have no blackouts cause hockey in this country is almost dead (our league sucks, our national team has no sponsor). Yep.

You can buy GCL for 90-100$ (Playoffs aren't included). We have no blackouts cause hockey in this country is almost dead (our league sucks, our national team has no sponsor). Yep.

Cool , great to be sharing the Habs with you. Cheers.

• Upvote 1