2015/16 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Brampton have signed Michael Vernace, who played 15 games for the Bulldogs 2009-10 and with various AHL (350+ games) and European clubs. Knows the arena, was a Brampton Batallion. 10 NHL games too!

Brampton beat Toledo today 5-2 with Scott Howes getting the "trick". First win of the season

agreed. Wondering about the goalie situation in Brampton

agreed. Wondering about the goalie situation in Brampton

Probably Bryan Pitton/Trevor Cann or they'll get someone on emergency loan or PTO. It's only a short-term thing as Price will be back soon which will shift Tokarski/Pasquale back down.

Pateryn has been sent down on a conditioning stint. He'll catch up with the team in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton for their game tomorrow. (Note that this does not open a 23-man roster spot for Montreal.)

Or save money on the cap, right?

Brampton just signed NCAA star goalie Jimmy Sarjeant (Merceyhurst-Erie/Northeast PA)

Would be great...if I had RDS. Bunch of scratchy sound games and maybe one or two english televised games (sportsnet or other) is about what I expect for yr.

Would be great...if I had RDS. Bunch of scratchy sound games and maybe one or two english televised games (sportsnet or other) is about what I expect for yr.

There won't be any English games. Sportsnet has the rights but with the NHL and CHL, they won't show any. They haven't since the lockout.

Hudon sent down to Brampton---per Beast website- don't know what to make of that! This board had him higher on the food chain

Bozon went down, not Hudon. Bozon's just coming back from injury (he hasn't played since the preseason) so this is more or less a conditioning stint of sorts.

Hope his defensive play sharpens up when he does get back in and or he starts producing offensively (a la McCarron).

Friggin de la Rose seems to be following LL's route to nowhere; looks good with Habs, goes back to AHL and plays like an average AHLer, then gets injured...

Good thing he is a strong skater/checker and biggish.

Hope his defensive play sharpens up when he does get back in and or he starts producing offensively (a la McCarron).

Friggin de la Rose seems to be following LL's route to nowhere; looks good with Habs, goes back to AHL and plays like an average AHLer, then gets injured...

Good thing he is a strong skater/checker and biggish.

Funny, never heard of that scenario before, where a young guy is just plain better in the show than in the A, or he doesn't need the A...

Sarcasm button broken... :thumbs_down:

Maybe all the weight he has packed on in last two years maybe has something to do with it? But I wouldn't worry too much about it yet, just a young AHL rookie.