2016 NHL Playoffs Thread

dlbalr

MT is a mediocre coach. I will leave it at that. No point in wasting anymore time on this horse, it is dead.

I'm just going to leave this quote right here....

Bigtime dirty hit by Orpik taking Maata out of the game and possibly the series.

Even though I'd like to see the Caps do well, I find myself cheering for the Pens. Wouldn't mind seeing Sid get another Cup.

Hitchcock just told his Blues to hold back in the third with a three goal lead and now the game is in overtime. Tarasenko did nothing but dump the puck in. It was sad. Now the Blues are suddenly rushing the puck and making things happen. Terrible coaching. If Hitch told them to stay aggressive they'd have won the game.

Hitchcock just told his Blues to hold back in the third with a three goal lead and now the game is in overtime. Tarasenko did nothing but dump the puck in. It was sad. Now the Blues are suddenly rushing the puck and making things happen. Terrible coaching. If Hitch told them to stay aggressive they'd have won the game.

He's the English Jacques Martin.

We assume the coach told them to do it. Time and time again we hear that coaches aren't telling players to do that, but they decide on their own not to take risks.

I agree with that usually but that game literally had Tarasenko go from a puck dumper in the third to going on full attack in overtime. This is also common for Hitchcock coached teams.

Bigtime dirty hit by Orpik taking Maata out of the game and possibly the series.

Even though I'd like to see the Caps do well, I find myself cheering for the Pens. Wouldn't mind seeing Sid get another Cup.

3 game suspension for Orpik.

Hicky just smoked Drouin with clean hit, was 100% Drouin's fault and his chin almost hit Hickey's back, but his elbow got in the way.

Keep your head up kid. :tigi:

Drouin is lethal with the man advantage. Can't believe Tampa almost let him get away.

His vision...wow!

Drouin is lethal with the man advantage. Can't believe Tampa almost let him get away.

I think it looking more and more like Stammer goes and Drouin stays. So much for bad attitude. Sounds like the same bad attitude that Patches had. I WANT TO PLAY DAMMIT.

I think it looking more and more like Stammer goes and Drouin stays. So much for bad attitude. Sounds like the same bad attitude that Patches had. I WANT TO PLAY DAMMIT.

Maybe Yzerman played him like a fiddle and lit a fire under his ass?

Maybe Yzerman played him like a fiddle and lit a fire under his ass?

More like the bolts lucked out that they had injuries and were forced to play him. It's too bad that MB didn't make a big push to try and get him at the deadline by filling some of the lightening other needs. I really hope we try and pick up Yakupov. I'm pretty sure he will break out as soon as he gets out of deadmonton.

More like the bolts lucked out that they had injuries and were forced to play him. It's too bad that MB didn't make a big push to try and get him at the deadline by filling some of the lightening other needs. I really hope we try and pick up Yakupov. I'm pretty sure he will break out as soon as he gets out of deadmonton.

I think a larger sample size will be needed to fully establish that Drouin is the real deal rather than a head-case, but I'm inclined to agree with you on both counts. "Character" CAN be a real issue that can bite you on the ass, but a lot of the time these concerns seem to have more to do with that old-school NHL mentality that expects players to be kowtowing robots. That MB took a cautious 'bridge contract' approach with Subban (which I know you called out at the time) suggests that he is of the same mindset.

There's quite a bit of literature out there on dealing with Millennials in the work place. Frankly, a smart coach/GM would read some of it.

More like the bolts lucked out that they had injuries and were forced to play him. It's too bad that MB didn't make a big push to try and get him at the deadline by filling some of the lightening other needs.

And how exactly do you know he didn't? It was well known that the Habs were one of the teams showing interest.

Interested and making a significant offer are two different things. I have yet to see MB make a trade where he actually gives up a significant piece. He's traded spare parts, but has yet to give up a significant asset and to get drouin, it would have taken a significant offer. Bargain basement bergavin hasn't shown that willingness in the 4 years he's been here.

And how exactly do you know he didn't? It was well known that the Habs were one of the teams showing interest.

Interested and making a significant offer are two different things. I have yet to see MB make a trade where he actually gives up a significant piece. He's traded spare parts, but has yet to give up a significant asset and to get drouin, it would have taken a significant offer. Bargain basement bergavin hasn't shown that willingness in the 4 years he's been here.

So he hasn't made a deal like that yet. That still doesn't mean that he didn't make a big push as you've stated. He did reference in his press conference at the end of the year that he made some bigger offers that ultimately weren't accepted.

Cheveldayoff in the Peg went about 4 years as GM without making a single trade, until he traded Kane. He also said trades were hard to make these days, very hard.

I don't doubt Bergevin has tried a lot of things, but I like how he hasn't made a disaster of a trade, just to make a trade to satisfy fans who don't really know squat about what he is up against...

I don't doubt he's tried, but after hearing he wanted two second round picks last summer for Tinordi and held off trading Christian Thomas to the Leafs when Dave Nonis really wanted him, I have a feeling he puts way too much value on our own players until they no longer have enough value to get what he wants.

Man is Washington ever scrambling

Unbelievable ! If they couldn't win against THAT defense, they are done.

Dumoulin, Lovejoy, Pouliot, Daley, Schultz and Ian Cole...