Dan Lacroix Hired As Assistant Coach

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=727476

The Habs poach another coach from the Rangers.

Before Lacroix spent one year with the Rangers, he was with the Tampa Bay Lightning from 2010-2013, and the NYI from 2006-2009. Previously, he was an assistant coach with the Moncton Wildcats, taking the reigns on an interim job 21 games into the season.

Lacroix played 188 NHL regular season games, and spent seven full years in the minors. Lacroix is also a native of Montreal.

He was also a Bulldogs assistant coach in 09-10.

what they need is a new coach for the dogs.

Wouldn't that be nice...they'd still be lousy (their projected roster is ugly right now) but at least they'd be more competently coached.

What do you think the ramifications from ownership will be? I got the gist from his comments that he thinks MB isn't doing much to help the Dogs. They brought in a nice piece in Hensick,but four of the top five scorers walked, and Tinordi and Beaulieu could make the team, maybe Pateryn.

Any chance they could be as bad as the '92 Senators?

What do you think the ramifications from ownership will be? I got the gist from his comments that he thinks MB isn't doing much to help the Dogs. They brought in a nice piece in Hensick,but four of the top five scorers walked, and Tinordi and Beaulieu could make the team, maybe Pateryn.

Any chance they could be as bad as the '92 Senators?

I'm sure Andlauer was in Bergevin/Molson's ear (particularly since he also has a stake in the Habs) about Lefebvre but clearly he was rebuffed. He can't exactly threaten to affiliate with another given those ownership ties too so there's not a whole lot he can do unfortunately.

I don't think this team is far off where it was last season. But that team finished 24th overall and right now, getting there with the team as it stands would be an accomplishment. Hope for another veteran or two to be added, preferably some who can actually provide some offence (instead of a 3rd/4th line C and a super (useless) goon).