Pre-Season: Boston @ Montreal, 7:30PM EST

McCarron looked good before that injury. He's not eligible for AHL play yet, is he? He's wasting away in the USHL.

Sekac put to rest most of my questions about whether they signed a prospect or an NHL-ready player. This kid's good to go.

Pateryn looks competent.

Bowman keeps up play like that, he fills out Montreal's depth chart after this PTO is done.

Nygren... what are we gonna do with him? Probably nothing, but i liked his production tonight.

Tinordi wasn't ready yet, tonight.

Very jealous of the regional games. I am a proud canadien, and I feel that a part of my identity as a patriotic candian in the west has been removed. French broadcast hockey has provided me with that link to my country's past. My country's identity. I ponder the great battle on the plains of Abraham. And then later, The French and the English uniting to form the bond which created this great and unique nation. It fills my heart with sorrow to think that we are regressing toward that dark time of segragation which our forefathers Wolfe and Mantcalm had felt. Give me back RDS hockey. Give me back my heritage!

Love the history.. the scope. I'm with you on RDS. Rogers and Bell are taking over Canada.

Very jealous of the regional games. I am a proud canadien, and I feel that a part of my identity as a patriotic candian in the west has been removed. French broadcast hockey has provided me with that link to my country's past. My country's identity. I ponder the great battle on the plains of Abraham. And then later, The French and the English uniting to form the bond which created this great and unique nation. It fills my heart with sorrow to think that we are regressing toward that dark time of segragation which our forefathers Wolfe and Mantcalm had felt. Give me back RDS hockey. Give me back my heritage!

Well, what can I say? I am sorry

I keep reading great things about Mccarron's game yesterday. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious

He was playing well before that incident. 3 or 4 good checks including one on Miller and another one on Krejci.

How bad is the regional game coverage?

(I'm a cable-cutter. I haven't had satellite/cable TV for 12 years, so I don't have these issues.)

Love the history.. the scope. I'm with you on RDS. Rogers and Bell are taking over Canada.

Haha. I was being sarcastic, but I wonder if a guy could convince some radicals to make some noise over it. A lot of western Canadians did watch and listen to French. They won't anymore.

How bad is the regional g coverage?

(I'm a cable-cutter. I haven't had satellite/cable TV for 12 years, so I don't have these issues.)

We used to get every game on rds, but rds is just regional now. I am joking about all the history stuff. But to be fair, French broadcast hockey was huge in western Canada. Now it doesn't exist.

Guest Stogey24

Haha. I was being sarcastic, but I wonder if a guy could convince some radicals to make some noise over it. A lot of western Canadians did watch and listen to French. They won't anymore.

I watched every game in French last year. Forkin sad day when I heard they're doing blackouts

Nygren didn't impress much. As some folks said already, maybe being paired with Finley didn't help - but he did not stand out at all. You'd think with a defensive D alongside him, he'd take a few more risks to go on offensive. Didn't notice if he even did that.

I also don't think Hudon the big sleeper in this year's camp as a lot of people predicted. He was behind on a few plays and didn't really seem in sync a lot of the time. He showed off a few good moves, but otherwise reminded me of Gallagher near the end of his first camp when the teams were 95% NHLers - except this is the 1st exhibition game.

Anti-chambre was going on about how no one is pushing management to make a tough call so far. I would disagree. To me, both Sekac and de la Rose both had excellent games and showed what size + wheels + smarts can do. Albeit Sekac may have a slightly better shot than DLR, but they both were running around and laying the body while tightly checking all night.

Who else though Bowman was a little nonchalant last night? Barely a reaction to his last minute goal, and his little 1st star celebration was the most humble (or indifferent) as i've ever seen. I think 2/3 pucks thrown to the crowd were done with his skates off the ice.

Overall, they mostly all looked nervous and rusty. Hopefully the game against Colorado will be a bit better although i'm sure it'll also have it's fair share of kids playing their first game as well.

Thomas and Andrighetto were dynamite every shift, real creative, and real fast. Thomas showed great patience and hands on the tying goal, and Bowman's game winner was only possible because of the sweet feed from Thomas on another speedy rush. Tinordi and Pateryn overcame a rough start to be ok, but Pateryn looked the better of the two, real solid physically. Watching Gilbert and Markov made me realize how much more effective at getting the puck out we will be this year.

And oh yeah, Sekac and DLR looked like NHLers, fast, smart and physical, and Scherbak is gonna be a star someday...

Man it was good to watch some Habs!

Bowman the first star. I haven't seen much of him tonight. Hard to understand...

Their philosophy is to award 1st star to whoever gets the GWG in overtime. Considering it was the final minute of the game, that's close enough to OT for them to give it to him. It also probably helped that he had an assist on the first goal as well.

How bad is the regional game coverage?

Only 40/82 games are available nationally in English this year. 22 of those are also available in French on TVA Sports (instead of all 82 on RDS as was the case before).

Guest Stogey24

Their philosophy is to award 1st star to whoever gets the GWG in overtime. Considering it was the final minute of the game, that's close enough to OT for them to give it to him. It also probably helped that he had an assist on the first goal as well.

Only 40/82 games are available nationally in English this year. 22 of those are also available in French on TVA Sports (instead of all 82 on RDS as was the case before).

Did you say centre ice still isn't available to purchase?

McCarron switched to 34 I noticed.

He wore 24 in London and Team USA, 25 in Montreal last exhibition and has also worn 94 for the Under 18 USA team. I think 24 is his preferred number. He switched to 34 with De la Rose wearing #25. Jarred Tinordi currently wears #24.

#34 isn't a well known Habs number by any means and was best known to be worn by Donald Dufresne, Sergei Zholtok and Peter Popovic. It is usually worn by a Habs defencemen but was also the first number Shayne Corson wore for the Habs.

I don't know, I like number trivia.

Guest Stogey24

Depends on your carrier. It's not available on Shaw Direct (what I have) but I think Bell and Shaw Cable (plus Rogers) have theirs available right now.

OK thanks

Tear up the contract, 5 Million a year, give him the C.

Mccarron standing up Miller was pretty nice too. Just destroys him

Ha ha, the kid is a wrecking ball out there!! :shocked: Who knows, Zoot Suit's crazy long-shot just might pay off some day. The really shocking thing is how utterly effortless it looked.

i'm liking that pick more and more..and to think I suspected he could be a 1st round bust last month?! not so anymore..the kids a machine. he could make the squad next year..he could use this year to increase his speed a bit.

:lol: Easy there, big fella! Between this post and the one where you anoint Scherbak the next Galchenyuk, you may be getting a tad ahead of yourself. McCarron had a fairly disastrous season last year, and if you've ever read Commandant's careful analysis of his profile you know that caution is warranted. As for Scherbak, well, he may indeed be great, but I'd refrain from drawing too many conclusions until he plays against actual NHL competition - which is not what you get in an exhibition game. Just sayin'