Remember hockey? Hurricanes @ Bell Centre, 7:30PM EST

There's only so much time we can spend blathering on about David Desharnais and Michel Therrien before we have an actual hockey game to discuss. Three day break is too long.

This is a winnable game. The Carolina Hurricanes are the worst team in the east on a five game losing streak. They have allowed as many goals as the Habs have scored. They are 3-11-2 on the road. The Atlantic is getting tight (Detroit and Tampa have 41 points, Habs have 40, Leafs have 39). No sleepy first periods.

Carolina Hurricanes

Nathan Gerbe - Eric Staal - Patrick Dwyer
Jeff Skinner - Victor Rask - Elias Lindholm

Zach Boychuk - Riley Nash - Chris Terry

Brad Malone - Justin Shugg

Tim Gleason - Justin Faulk

Jay Harrison - Andrej Sekera

Ron Hainsey - Michal Jordan

Brett Bellemore

Cam Ward

Injuries: Alexander Semin, Andrej Nestrastil, Jiri Tlusty, Jordan Staal

Montreal Canadiens

Max Pacioretty - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher

Jiri Sekac - Tomas Plekanec - Sven Andrighetto

Michael Bournival - David Desharnais - P.A. Parenteau

Brandon Prust - Manny Malhotra - Dale Weise

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban

Alexei Emelin - Sergei Gonchar

Nathan Beaulieu - Tom Gilbert

Carey Price

Dustin Tokarski

Injuries/Scratches: Bryan Allen, Mike Weaver, Lars Eller, Eric Tangradi

Puck drop at 7:30PM EST. Time to continue two streaks: mine and the Hurricanes losing streak!

I hate to say it, but this is a MUST win game for the boys. No more excuses! This Hurricanes team is just asking to get beaten up.

Let's not forget that the Leafies as just one point behind us with one game in hand. We must win these "easy" games! I hope our boys don't take the Canes lightly and they come out swinging in the first period!

Montreal Canadiens

Max Pacioretty - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendan Gallagher

Jiri Sekac - Tomas Plekanec - Sven Andrighetto

Michael Bournival - David Desharnais - P.A. Parenteau

Brandon Prust - Manny Malhotra - Dale Weise

Is it just me or does that seem awesome?

Guest Stogey24

I love the lines right now. I'd maybe flip PAP to the Plek line but Andrighetto is finishing. I'm indifferent to whether Eller or DD plays the third line.

Why DD and P.A had a great goal last game

Carolina's lines may look something like this:

Brett Bellemore

:1gohabs:I recognize very few names in that Carolina line-up and none of them, with the possible exception of Staal, seems to be elite talent. No wonder Carolina is struggling on the ice and at the gate, Here's hoping the on-ice struggles continue tonight. :gohabsgo:

:1gohabs:I recognize very few names in that Carolina line-up and none of them, with the possible exception of Staal, seems to be elite talent. No wonder Carolina is struggling on the ice and at the gate, Here's hoping the on-ice struggles continue tonight. :gohabsgo:

Justin Faulk is really good. Riley Nash has stepped up with the loss of Jordan Staal but he isn't anything special. Jeff Skinner is special but he's an injury mess. If he puts up an 82 game healthy season he'll be a 70 point player but I don't see it happening. That's about it.

Carolina Hurricanes are in complete shambles. I have my doubts that Ron Francis was ready to be GM.

The weak link in this line-up, once Eller will be healthy, might be Malhotra. Listening to Vincent Damphousse at L'Antichambre yesterday, he said that a 4th line should contribute from time to time. Malhotra has no goal and one assist, which is very poor offense indeed. With this kind of performance, there is no justification to dress him every night, especially if there are other alternatives. He was of the opinion that Therrien should try other permutations on the 4th line, for example Prust, Eller and Weise. It makes a lot of sense to me.

Damphousse also pointed to the fact that Eller has become quite efficient on face-offs. There is only a 4% difference between him and Malhotra and he brings a lot more on the ice, did he argue.

Guest Stogey24

The weak link in this line-up, once Eller will be healthy, might be Malhotra. Listening to Vincent Damphousse at L'Antichambre yesterday, he said that a 4th line should contribute from time to time. Malhotra has no goal and one assist, which is very poor offense indeed. With this kind of performance, there is no justification to dress him every night, especially if there are other alternatives. He was of the opinion that Therrien should try other permutations on the 4th line, for example Prust, Eller and Weise. It makes a lot of sense to me.

Damphousse also pointed to the fact that Eller has become quite efficient on face-offs. There is only a 4% difference between him and Malhotra and he brings a lot more on the ice, did he argue.

Eller was third in league on the draw before he got hurt.

Justin Faulk is really good. Riley Nash has stepped up with the loss of Jordan Staal but he isn't anything special. Jeff Skinner is special but he's an injury mess. If he puts up an 82 game healthy season he'll be a 70 point player but I don't see it happening. That's about it.

Carolina Hurricanes are in complete shambles. I have my doubts that Ron Francis was ready to be GM.

What are you talkin' about brah? They have Michal Jordan

I agree that trading both Eller and DD would be a bad idea. Eller will have more value and might be a good piece to package, but I seriously doubt that we will be in the running for the Oilers' 'stars.'

Don't forget Michal Jordan. Hall of Famer, many many championships, best player to ever play the game.

Oh wait.. What ? wrong sport... :(

I agree that trading both Eller and DD would be a bad idea. Eller will have more value and might be a good piece to package, but I seriously doubt that we will be in the running for the Oilers' 'stars.'

I'm sure there are plenty of Oilers fans that say the same thing about DD!

• Upvote 1

Carolina's lines may look something like this:

Brett Bellemore

LOL no wonder they suck, might be the worst 7 d ever.

Would be good to see the habs come out hard and blow the canes out. I dislike that team, have ever since the 06 series. Where we blew them out in game one 6-1. Beat them 5-4 in game two. Went home with a 2-0 lead and were leading game three 1-0 when Justin Williams practically took out Sakus eye with a high stick. No penalty. Habs lose their no 1 center and best player. Out for resy of play offs. Canes come back win the series go on to win the cup. (worse team to ever skate around the ice with the stanely cup btw) Then before that there was the 02 series! Habs were leading 2-1 in the series. Leading game three on the scoreboard. Habs take a penalty, therrein in his goofy yellow suit jacket screaming and waving his arms at Fraser. Ref warns him, he keeps it up and gets bench minor. Habs two men short for 2 minutes. Canes score twice win game. Go on to win series, go all the way to finals. Gilmour the vet with nothing to lose, publicly blames coach for loss after game (mt apparently forgets this when he publicly blaming Subban and White for dumb penalties "costing the team the game" he knows of what he speaks, i'll give him that.

anyways GO HABS..........kill the canes !

Are you talking about the girl with the gun? Awesome. She makes sudden death look so inviting!

Would be good to see the habs come out hard and blow the canes out. I dislike that team, have ever since the 06 series. Where we blew them out in game one 6-1. Beat them 5-4 in game two. Went home with a 2-0 lead and were leading game three 1-0 when Justin Williams practically took out Sakus eye with a high stick. No penalty. Habs lose their no 1 center and best player. Out for resy of play offs. Canes come back win the series go on to win the cup. (worse team to ever skate around the ice with the stanely cup btw) Then before that there was the 02 series! Habs were leading 2-1 in the series. Leading game three on the scoreboard. Habs take a penalty, therrein in his goofy yellow suit jacket screaming and waving his arms at Fraser. Ref warns him, he keeps it up and gets bench minor. Habs two men short for 2 minutes. Canes score twice win game. Go on to win series, go all the way to finals. Gilmour the vet with nothing to lose, publicly blames coach for loss after game (mt apparently forgets this when he publicly blaming Subban and White for dumb penalties "costing the team the game" he knows of what he speaks, i'll give him that.

anyways GO HABS..........kill the canes !

That was a horrible game and series alright. But one nice thing about the past is that..like space..it doesn't exist.