Dec. 20, Sens vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

It's awesome how many more assists Pacioretty is getting with Desharnais off his line. It's now complete offense, not specialty offense, from the top line.

That is a very good point, do you think it will last? Fork I hope so.

It's awesome how many more assists Pacioretty is getting with Desharnais off his line. It's now complete offense, not specialty offense, from the top line.

I really think that this move has really opened things up exactly as you say. Patches has a finisher and highly skilled aggressive counterpart and is no longer the only guy who has to be covered. I think DeeDee is playing a lot better too. A fuller game all around. Nice to see him shooting too.

Much as I love to hate Rogers.... and I'm even finding Strombo is carrying it ok.. I enjoyed the play by play and commentators. They seem pretty well informed on les glorieux and make good comments.

Too bad.,.. I loved hating Rogers!

i know it's just been a handful of games but I think chucky is well on his way to being the big offensive centre we have lacked for far too long. This line has the potential to be our most dominant in decades.

I thought we were going to leave this old tiresome argument alone. Aittle kidding is ok, but can't you guys just accept that the majority have simply agreed to disagree. If you want to start this argument up again there is a lot of ammunition lined up on both sides. How about we keep this thread on track?

point taken

Yep, Torontohab...I was forced to concede a while ago that I was totally wrong about Snuffleupagus. I think he's actually quite excellent in the role. He asks honest questions and doesn't try too hard to be cool, which was always what was irritating about him. A very canny choice by Rogers.

And indeed, the commentary on the rebooted show has generally been of higher calibre. The tired old CBC crowd did need to be shaken up.

That said, Romanov's voice irritates me. But at least he's not Bob "If I were any further behind the play, I'd be Hal Gill" Cole.

Good game tonight, solidly beating a team we should beat (and one that I dislike quite a bit, as an added bonus). The Galy line is just great - and I agree, very interesting comments about MT actually telling Galy NOT to worry so much about defence (!).

I thought Gonchar quietly had a very strong game. I know people crap on him around here, but I don't see it myself - he seems to have been quite a useful acquisition.

Ya, CC.. I really enjoyed not liking that guy. Maybe hockey brings out the humanoid in him.

"That said, Romanov's voice irritates me. But at least he's not Bob "If I were any further behind the play, I'd be Hal Gill" Cole."

Hahahaha Great line ChiCuke.

And every time I noticed Gonchar .. and some times I was looking.. he seemed to be having a pretty solid game. He's adapted to to his speedlessity pretty well it seems and his experience gives him a quick eye. He may not be able to execute the best moves in some circumstances, but his next best alternative is often pretty good and avoids immediate trouble.

Pretty fun game all around. :clap:

That was a fun game to watch, especially when our top line was on the ice. Man, they can produce some beautiful offense when they 'flip the switch' and really go for it.

CC...I also thought Gonchar was solid tonight. Gilbert is the one who scares me out there.

I also liked what I have seen from Gonchar. The guy had an excellent game.

Andrighetto looked good when he was used, Eller as well. Very impressed by the Danish tonight. Surprisingly, DD did very well on the wing. Plekanec scored an important goal, but he had a very average game before that. Boy! it must feel lonely to play on the wing with him. He rarely makes a good pass. At least we won't see him anymore centering the 1st line.

BTW, at this pace it won't be long before Chucky will be our first scorer. We are just at the beginning of a great career.

I really like Pleks. and I don' t look at him too critically but just value his two way play, skating, work ethic and just about all aspects of his game. At times he has seemed the clear leader on the team, but at this point its so nice to see the guys who are standing up to get it done, like Yukyuk and others. He has less of a team load on his shoulders now. And a Hab all the way along. Glad to have him.

No big surprise here, MacDonald got sent back down right after the game. A tad more surprising is that Andrighetto didn't get sent back right away. He was more or less the insurance policy for Pacioretty so with him not being out, I imagine he'll be back down before long as well.

No big surprise here, MacDonald got sent back down right after the game. A tad more surprising is that Andrighetto didn't get sent back right away. He was more or less the insurance policy for Pacioretty so with him not being out, I imagine he'll be back down before long as well.

Good point. I sure appreciate your cap savvy comments on movements... that didn't sound right... :blush:

subban galchenyuk pacioretty

markov gonchar

Give it a thought and by thought i mean a good half hour of in game action to get it going. Subban can surely play on the left boards on the PP and patches can play the other side, with galchenyuk in-between them. That would be a ridiculously talented group. Then you add those 2 grizzly russians who secretly envy tommy gilbert's hair and you got yourself a top 5 PP. I just think MT still hasn't given markov and gonchar enough in game minutes so far to really establish themselves because he's constantly having to get PK his minutes. Simply add him to the 1st line and really put all eggs in one basket so to speak on the PP... it will work... there is 3 one timers on the ice with gachenyuk down low in the right corner and markov up top on the left point. MT has to envision how well this could work...

Also, the pens power play went from top 5 when MT joined to questionably 20th when he got fired at the exact same time gonchar was injured missed the first 60 games of the season... hmmm

I really like Pleks. and I don' t look at him too critically but just value his two way play, skating, work ethic and just about all aspects of his game. At times he has seemed the clear leader on the team, but at this point its so nice to see the guys who are standing up to get it done, like Yukyuk and others. He has less of a team load on his shoulders now. And a Hab all the way along. Glad to have him.

I have tremendous respect for Plekanec, but JCPetit is right that playmaking is the weakest aspect of his game.