When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

Yes they won in Dallas the night before he was fired.

It was the first win after a long losing slump, that including multiple blowout losses, including the two i referenced in Edmonton and Calgary. Prior to the win in Dallas they had won just 7 of their last 21 games. These losses included 6 losses by 3 or more goals in 21 games. The two games prior to the Dallas game... a 5-1 stinker in Buffalo, and a 2-0 loss to a brutal Atlanta team where the Habs were comically inept.

Basically in the last 21 games they had almost as many losses in blowout fashion as they had wins. And the wins they did get included games like the colorado game where halak stole it.

They were in 2nd in the division, but 8th in the conference, barely holding a playoff spot

Carbo was spending less time at the rink than his players and his assistant coaches. His solution to get out of the slump was to take the team bowling.

It was a fiasco.

After that fiasco his only coaching experience was taking a Team Canada U18 squad and barely avoiding relegation (hockey canada never invited him to coach another team)... and coaching his own junior team to a disastrous second half and first round playoff loss.

So we must assume you are not a Carbo fan?

Crawford won a cup with a stacked team. He also won in Zurich. Not what I would call great stats. But we all have our opinions. i don't think nor did I ever think that MB was going to bring Carbo back. But I do like to stir the pot. :)

So we must assume you are not a Carbo fan?

As a player, I loved Carbonneau.

As a coach? I was not impressed the first go around, and I would not want to see him brought back unless he went and got some serious coaching experience in the interim.

Coaches are like players, they can develop with experience and get better.

Lovett's this debate of a French coach is still here because of a hand full of people (the French ) that cry when we hirer a English coach that does not know French then we make him go take French classes come on how about these assholes go learn English. Carbo is not the answer who is out there now that is available does any body know

Lovett's this debate of a French coach is still here because of a hand full of people (the French ) that cry when we hirer a English coach that does not know French then we make him go take French classes come on how about these assholes go learn English. Carbo is not the answer who is out there now that is available does any body know

It's just not realistic to expect someone to take French lessons and address the media with fluency within even two years. There's a better chance that a coach will be hired and fires in that time, imo.

They should groom a European coach who knows French in St. John's and hire him for the big club.

Lovett's I know that the French got ed over years ago and now it is the English's time but we need the cup to come back home. French, German, European, English we need the best coach. I don't care if I can't under stand him or her for that mater any monkey can coach the Habs me you anybody here when you have the world best goalie but when he goes down that when we need the world best coach

Cam Russell has done an amazing job in Halifax and will be in the NHL with a lucky team soon I would think.

Isn't he just the GM now in Halifax? Dominque Ducharme is the coach there and I agree, he'd be a good coaching option in the future. He's actually #1 on my 'hire to replace Lefebvre' list.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't he just the GM now in Halifax? Dominque Ducharme is the coach there and I agree, he'd be a good coaching option in the future. He's actually #1 on my 'hire to replace Lefebvre' list.

Yes he is GM now, was the coach. He also has been on the ice with my daughter back when she was a TimBit, He is a great hockey brain and a really super nice guy. He would never throw his players under the bus when things went sour. MT totally lost me after the last 2 games. Blaming certain players for a loss should cost him his job today and I predict it will. I say J Molson gives MB the choice. Him or both of you. Now.

Please Lord no!!

#tank2016 is now in full force and you wanna do something that might help them rattle off a couple of wins??? Helllll no!!

Better that than lose Subban because we have Trembley II behind the bench .

Never heard what was said but thanks to Subban blowing that game...was too darn close to one point.

Did he intentionally giveaway puck? He has led league for 2 years in giveaways, so likely can chalk it up as just another one from overhandling puck.

Never heard what was said but thanks to Subban blowing that game...was too darn close to one point.

Did he intentionally giveaway puck? He has led league for 2 years in giveaways, so likely can chalk it up as just another one from overhandling puck.

You should watch the games...... No he tripped and was caught up ice because he tripped, the acting coach decided to blame him for the loss even though he was one of the reasons the game was close. Only a real ass blames his stars for his teams losing. That is a classless move by a guy who is coming to an end of his last ever pro coaching job. Also , can you please give me a link to this stat of hime leading the league in give aways or are you just assuming that? No wait I found that easily and you are right, right behinnd that other bum Tavares

From sounds of it, 100% agree he didn't need to crap on Subban to the media as he did, going by Boone's comment saying he called it a selfish play. While may be true, definitely didn't need to say that.

Better that than lose Subban because we have Trembley II behind the bench .

Holy shit. You're so right. Just watched the presser online.

What an idiot. Fire him right now. Put Daigneault or another sidekick in charge for the final 25 games.

Holy shit. You're so right. Just watched the presser online.

What an idiot. Fire him right now. Put Daigneault or another sidekick in charge for the final 25 games.

Put Lefebvre in, then we don't have to worry about winning any games. However after this I would say Le Genius will lose the room. He isn't trying to win he is trying to make a point.

You should watch the games...... No he tripped and was caught up ice because he tripped, the acting coach decided to blame him for the loss even though he was one of the reasons the game was close. Only a real ass blames his stars for his teams losing. That is a classless move by a guy who is coming to an end of his last ever pro coaching job. Also , can you please give me a link to this stat of hime leading the league in give aways or are you just assuming that? No wait I found that easily and you are right, right behinnd that other bum Tavares

The top 10 in giveways are 10 of the probably 15 best players in the NHL.

Its the most horrible stat to base anything on ever.

The top 10 in giveways are 10 of the probably 15 best players in the NHL.

Its the most horrible stat to base anything on ever.

True, true...

here is an excellent article on firing Le Genius.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/call-of-the-wilde-therrien-s-foxhole-1.2780047

He makes a good case, but I still say we should wait until the season ends and there is a wider pool of coaching candidates to choose from. Firing him at this point is strictly a move to satisfy fan bloodlust, rather than a calculated step to make the team better next season.

• Upvote 1