PK's dumb

Neech

I guess I could have foreseen this thread getting this reaction. He's been a brighter spot during this slump; this is more a discussion for when things are going right. I recognize that he's the best Habs skater of my time as a fan - although it's sort of a paltry list to chose from.

It's nit-picking given his overall ability, but I still think there is a deficit in his hockey IQ when compared to his other abilities. Times when he falls asleep, falls down, takes a bonehead penalty.

I guess I could have foreseen this thread getting this reaction. He's been a brighter spot during this slump; this is more a discussion for when things are going right. I recognize that he's the best Habs skater of my time as a fan - although it's sort of a paltry list to chose from.

It's nit-picking given his overall ability, but I still think there is a deficit in his hockey IQ when compared to his other abilities. Times when he falls asleep, falls down, takes a bonehead penalty.

He's all athleticism, but in hockey, that's kind of refreshing to see. There are very few hockey players to look at and say "wow, he's an incredible physical specimen" like we do with basketball and football.

He's all athleticism, but in hockey, that's kind of refreshing to see. There are very few hockey players to look at and say "wow, he's an incredible physical specimen" like we do with basketball and football.

Yeah, there are more mitigating factors in hockey that keep the great athletes out of the sport, geography and wealth being primary ones. Skating is also a big leveler. The thing is, he's already later in his prime years, and I could see him losing some power and speed in the next 2-3 years. He'll have to rely on his brain more. Hopefully by then he'll have coaching that he connects with.

This thread is just dumb. I know we are all pissed off but really you attack the guy who cares the most? Makes no sense.

Yeah, there are more mitigating factors in hockey that keep the great athletes out of the sport, geography and wealth being primary ones. Skating is also a big leveler. The thing is, he's already later in his prime years, and I could see him losing some power and speed in the next 2-3 years. He'll have to rely on his brain more. Hopefully by then he'll have coaching that he connects with.

Really? I do not see that happening

Come on guys PK may not be be putting in the goals we like to see but he is not the problem. That is just silly.

I've seen people do this to superstars all the time. You focus on them every shift so suddenly you try to microcritize everything.

The idea he's all athleticism, I don't know what others are watching. I'll just assume the best out of people and that they are just being intentionally ignorant because we're losing and want to complain about something new.

This has nothing to do with PK's intelligence but actually prior to the slump I thought Subban was having a rough go of it to be honest. I know the more you have the puck, the more turnovers you will make but he was coughing the puck up quite often in our own end... Leading to grade A chances and goals. More than usual I should say.

That being said, PK's fine. There are some things he used to do that I wish we would see more of nowadays but his improvement in other areas more than makes up for it. Hope he's a lifer.

Yeah, there are more mitigating factors in hockey that keep the great athletes out of the sport, geography and wealth being primary ones. Skating is also a big leveler.

Beating around the bush here, or is this a racial issue? Case I'm not sure, but the " keep the great athletes out of the sport, geography and wealth being primary ones" sounds like talking about inner city youth, predominantly black.

Beating around the bush here, or is this a racial issue? Case I'm not sure, but the " keep the great athletes out of the sport, geography and wealth being primary ones" sounds like talking about inner city youth, predominantly black.

Where was all of the questions on Subban's intelligence for the last several years? Habs fans never questioned Subban's intelligence. Not even in 11-12 when the team was having just as bad of a slide. Now he's suddenly all athleticism, no intelligence, doesn't rely on his brain, like what? This is a guy who went question for question on theory of analytics with a reporter on how the advanced analytics trackers figure into their equations and has often taken over games by rushing up the ice and breaking defensive strategies downs but nope, he's just a big dumb athlete that somehow didn't get kept out from geographic/wealth factors.

All's I'm saying is that if Lebron James was adopted by the Staal family in infancy, he'd be a hell of a player. Better than his adoptive siblings if he didn't get hurt. PK's a fraction of the athlete Lebron is.

Wealth is just pointing out that hockey these days is a rich kid's sport.

Geography is just pointing out that statiscally few people even have hockey on their radar. It's why tiny Finland can be top 5 in the world.

Where was all of the questions on Subban's intelligence for the last several years? Habs fans never questioned Subban's intelligence. Not even in 11-12 when the team was having just as bad of a slide. Now he's suddenly all athleticism, no intelligence, doesn't rely on his brain, like what? This is a guy who went question for question on theory of analytics with a reporter on how the advanced analytics trackers figure into their equations and has often taken over games by rushing up the ice and breaking defensive strategies downs but nope, he's just a big dumb athlete that somehow didn't get kept out from geographic/wealth factors.

Easy on the putting words in my mouth buddy.

Yep. The guys father was a teacher, but PK is really dumb. This has to be the dumbest thread I've read EVER.

I really don't get the love in for the Stalls. Jordan was effective as a 3rd line centre - 2nd at best. He has shown less consistency than pleks and has never played to his big contract in Carolina.

Eric has one monster year and 3 good ones, but has been an over paid bum the last 3 and is probably one of the whineist players in the league. Marc is the 3rd best dman on his team.

Maybe MJ would have won 10 MBA titles if the stalls were his parents.

Eric lindros parents were professionals, he was considered a physical specimen. What did that spoilt brat ever win???lafleur's father was a miner, he was one of the best and successful players of his generation.

All's I'm saying is that if Lebron James was adopted by the Staal family in infancy, he'd be a hell of a player. Better than his adoptive siblings if he didn't get hurt. PK's a fraction of the athlete Lebron is.

Wealth is just pointing out that hockey these days is a rich kid's sport.

Geography is just pointing out that statiscally few people even have hockey on their radar. It's why tiny Finland can be top 5 in the world.

Easy on the putting words in my mouth buddy.

Guest Stogey24

Amen.

This has nothing to do with PK's intelligence but actually prior to the slump I thought Subban was having a rough go of it to be honest. I know the more you have the puck, the more turnovers you will make but he was coughing the puck up quite often in our own end... Leading to grade A chances and goals. More than usual I should say.

This was my point. I see a lot of dumb plays from him. It could be that I'm being unfair to him because he's so dynamic and has the puck on his stick so much. It could also be that he has a propensity for dumb plays.

I really don't get the love in for the Stalls. Jordan was effective as a 3rd line centre - 2nd at best. He has shown less consistency than pleks and has never played to his big contract in Carolina.

Eric has one monster year and 3 good ones, but has been an over paid bum the last 3 and is probably one of the whineist players in the league. Marc is the 3rd best dman on his team.

Maybe MJ would have won 10 MBA titles if the stalls were his parents.

Eric lindros parents were professionals, he was considered a physical specimen. What did that spoilt brat ever win???lafleur's father was a miner, he was one of the best and successful players of his generation.

The point there was that if Lebron had been raised playing hockey he'd be the best athlete in the game.

I hate politically correct BS., but I find the title of this thread offensive. SInce when have we attacked Habs players' intelligence? If you are referring to a player's hockey sense then say so, don't make blanket statements about their intelligence.

This is probably the most asinine thread I have ever had the displeasure of reading.

If you don't like PK as a hockey player, fine. IF you don't think he is an incredibly gifted athlete and you don't consider him a top d-man in the NHL, I give you full rights to your (Wrong) opinion and forgive you for not paying attention. That said, this kind of personal attack is a discredit to this group.

Man, first the Habs go down and now it seems as if HW is following :1vomit:

• Upvote 1

I hate politically correct BS., but I find the title of this thread offensive. SInce when have we attacked Habs players intelligence. If you are referring to a player's hockey sense then say so, don't make blanket statements about their intelligence.

This is probably the most asinine thread I have ever had the displeasure of reading.

If you don't like PK as a hockey player, fine. IF you don't think he is an incredibly gifted athlete and you don't consider him a top d-man in the NHL, I give you full rights to your (Wrong) opinion and forgive you for not paying attention. That said, this kind of personal attack is a discredit to this group.

Man, first the Habs go down and now it seems as if HW is following :1vomit:

Very well put. This thread embarrasses all of us.

Oh please. I DID say so (refering to his hockey sense).

It seems like people who claim to hate 'politically correct BS' are the quickest to get offended by their own subjective standards.

"I hate politically correct BS., but I find the title of this thread offensive"

Please read more carefully if you are going to criticize my reading skills. The TITLE of your thread was my problem. If it said "PK has low hockey IQ" or something similar I could understand the (IMHO, misinformed) opinion that followed.

I am not quick to get offended...in 11 years on this forum it is the first time it has happened--or the first time that something that was posted has bothered me enough to respond like I did. The fact that I consider your opinion to be less than valid is no issue. Your poor choice of title made me think of something that might have appeared on a Bruins fan site.

"I hate politically correct BS., but I find the title of this thread offensive"

Please read more carefully if you are going to criticize my reading skills. The TITLE of your thread was my problem. If it said "PK has low hockey IQ" or something similar I could understand the (IMHO, misinformed) opinion that followed.

I am not quick to get offended...in 11 years on this forum it is the first time it has happened--or the first time that something that was posted has bothered me enough to respond like I did. The fact that I consider your opinion to be less than valid is no issue. Your poor choice of title made me think of something that might have appeared on a Bruins fan site.

So the title is a little provocative. Then you read past the title and are further illuminated. The title is a perfectly fine intro for the thesis of the thread, seeing as it's not a sweeping statement about his intelligence.

Neech, well done, provocative for sure.

Is too funny so many posts are about how bad this thread is, so WTF are they doing responding on it?

If had no responses it would die a natural death or if is 'too much' Mr, dlbalr would lock er up.

People can interpret title in 100 different ways and seems ANY criticism of Subban ALWAYS has instant over the top responses defending him.

PC oh my, what about slamming Ronald Corey's wife sexual rumours over and over as a big joke, that is OK but to criticize a player is off limits?

How many times has Therrien been called an idiot or much worse? I call hypocrisy!