Race to the Golf Course: Montreal @ Carolina

I think we will all be happy with whomever Timmins picks....having a top 3-4 pick is special and we are definalty going to get an impact player......i am still pullling for a Grigorenko and Roy combo...I think it would work well...it will and another layer to the soap opera that is our team. (as much as we hate to admit it we all love the drama)

Grigo is like 6'3 and 200lbs and hes still growing.....thats a wet dream two years ago, combined with his relationshiop with the prodical son (Roy) i just think its a match made in Habs heaven

I want Galchenyuk. Just as talented as Grigorenko but Grigo is more a perimeter player where Galchenyuk is a lot more gritty and better defensively.

The only questions with Galchenyuk were his knee, and thats been answered with flying colours at this point.

He's also 6'2 205 now, so he's pretty much the same size as Grigo. However Grigo doesn't use his size as effectively as Galchenyuk who is able to play a grittier game.

I want Galchenyuk. Just as talented as Grigorenko but Grigo is more a perimeter player where Galchenyuk is a lot more gritty and better defensively.

The only questions with Galchenyuk were his knee, and thats been answered with flying colours at this point.

He's also 6'2 205 now, so he's pretty much the same size as Grigo. However Grigo doesn't use his size as effectively as Galchenyuk who is able to play a grittier game.

well its looks like we will be able to get one of the two....my only concern with Galchenyuk is that Bob Mackenze thinks Grigo is the #2 pick and he has Galchenyuk down around 5 or 6.

he is really the only "hockey Insider" that I really believe knows what he is talking about, so I tend to believe him, but thats not to say Gally won't pan out to be better in the long run.....i guess well find out in a couple of months

It doesn't matter to me where they are ranked. There are 2 big talented centers and the Habs need one of them. I prefer Galyenchuk myself but would be happy with Gigerenko.

Yakapov goes 1st for sure. I think the Oilers go with Dumba or the Other top ranked Dman,I forget his name.

well its looks like we will be able to get one of the two....my only concern with Galchenyuk is that Bob Mackenze thinks Grigo is the #2 pick and he has Galchenyuk down around 5 or 6.

he is really the only "hockey Insider" that I really believe knows what he is talking about, so I tend to believe him, but thats not to say Gally won't pan out to be better in the long run.....i guess well find out in a couple of months

Lets remember those rankings from Bob McKenzie haven't been updated since January.

In January Galchenyuk wasn't playing... his knee was a big question mark.

Today that is no longer the case.

I'd also say that Grigorenko's second half wasn't near as impressive as his first half this season (due to the ankle injury mostly).

Grigo's a good player and I'd be happy with him, but I'd rather have Galchenyuk

It doesn't matter to me where they are ranked. There are 2 big talented centers and the Habs need one of them. I prefer Galyenchuk myself but would be happy with Gigerenko.

Yakapov goes 1st for sure. I think the Oilers go with Dumba or the Other top ranked Dman,I forget his name.

Murray.

So Gally another year in the OHL does not sway your opinion?

I mean how can he really jump to the nhl after not playing most of this year.

Overall I want the guy who will be the better player in 5 years not necessarily who will be the better player next year. You are probably right that he isn't ready to make the jump yet, but you never know, he's a gym rat and could show up to training camp ready to perform. We won't know til September hits, but again its not the main concern. I just prefer his grittier game and two way play to Grigorenko.