Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Gallagher
Sekac - Eller - Thomas
Prust - Malhotra - Dumont

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Weaver
Emelin - Gilbert

Tokarski

Domingue? Who the hell is he?

Louis Domingue, a recent recall from their farm team. He was the Coyotes' 5th round pick in 2010 after playing for Patrick Roy's junior team. Arizona doesn't have a backup goalie after trading Dubnyk, their plan for now is to rotate their youngsters so that each gets a bit of time as the backup with the big club while still seeing action in the minors. It won't be his NHL debut though (just his first start) as he saw mop-up duty in the third as Ottawa trounced them this afternoon.

I didn't know Brendan Shinnimin was up with their team (which is bad considering I watched part of their game today where he played). He was part of that dominant WHL line in Tri-City a few years ago alongside former Hab prospect Patrick Holland.

Actually kind of a big game. if memory serves the habs normally tank on Super bowl Sunday. This is a game in hand and can put them in first place.

habs do play down to there opposition a lot.

Hopefully they come out flying and score some goals.

The Habs are catching Arizona at the right time. If I'm not mistaken, both their 2nd and 3rd line centres cleared waivers not all that long ago. They're missing a couple of core forwards in Hanzal and Boedker. They have a very mobile defence corps though.

it would be nice to get to an early start and get a few goals early in the game. It would also be nice to score 5 or 6 goals!

Eller is back in a protracted slump. (I use that word because so little is expected of him as is). He has no goals in his last two games and only one in eighteen. A pair of assists during his scoring drought. Larry and his line is on life support.

DD is quietly having a terrible period, too. If these guys are looking to break out of their slumps, Louis Domingue is his man. He saw his first action last night, and sports a 6.67 GAA.

I wonder if Therrien is rethinking Galchenyuk to the wing? With the next three games, it might be interesting to give him a few shifts, the rest of this lineup stinks.

DD and Eller are just awful right now. Throw in the often injured but not doing much when he plays PAP and we have three players totalling $11M that should probably go elsewhere. Completely flexible but something should be done, or one of them has to actually fulfill their role.

I say that when I've been okay with Eller as a third line center in the past few games, but unhappy with his black hole of offensive ability in those games.

Guest Stogey24

Tokarski starts. Dumont's in for Bournival, Weaver for Gonchar.

Malholtra should be sitting. He has 1 assist in 45 games. I personally think you need to do more than just win faceoffs.

Nice to be able to post at a reasonable time...I love afternoon games. I just got home from my hockey game and its game time...and its on 9:15pm in Qatar

Go Habs GO