Free Agent "Frenzy"

dlbalr

Rumour is Montreal offered Belesky 4year, 4.5 mil/year...

I heard that as well from Friedman on TV. Someone's going to give it to him, I'm hoping it's not Montreal though.

Brad Richards is close to a deal with Detroit. That's a good fit.

I think he liked being a Hab, not likely to say anything. But we shall see..

Why would he say anything negative? If anything, he played way more than he should have.

I heard that as well from Friedman on TV. Someone's going to give it to him, I'm hoping it's not Montreal though.

Brad Richards is close to a deal with Detroit. That's a good fit.

I hope you're right. I would rather signed Frolik (not for 5 years though!!) than Belesksy, but like i said earlier, i'm hoping we steer clear of the UFA's.

I think Chiarelli's already started getting Edmonton into cap trouble like he did in Boston with the Sekera signing. Now he is paying around $12M for second and third pairing dmen.

Guest Stogey24

OK, that's one. Stogey said 'every player who leaves the Habs has something bad to say about Therrien.' I was asking for more examples.

Briere, Sekac... Off top of my head

Rumour is Montreal offered Belesky 4year, 4.5 mil/year...

I seriously hope that's not true

With more grit being added on the right side, I wonder if they might double down and look at Joel Ward? He's probably going to come in cheaper than Beleskey and Frolik but would add more of a scoring punch and grit on the right side.

With more grit being added on the right side, I wonder if they might double down and look at Joel Ward? He's probably going to come in cheaper than Beleskey and Frolik but would add more of a scoring punch and grit on the right side.

As I said in another thread, I really hope to see Joel Ward in a MTL uniform--at a reasonable cost of course :habslogo:

Hey Brian just wondering where are we on the cap now? We should have gained a little today no?

They're around $7.3/7.4 million. I did a rough estimate in the trade write-up but I haven't crunched the exact numbers. They still won't have much of note to work with after getting Galchenyuk done.

Vermette goes back to Arizona, 2 years, $7.5 M with a NMC. That's a good deal for them. I can't think of any crazy overpay deals signed today. There have been some pricey ones but nothing outrageous.

Last week, we had a new site record for hits in a single day and beat it by a sizable margin. Today, that record was beat by an even more sizable margin. Thanks as always for the continued support.

Last week, we had a new site record for hits in a single day and beat it by a sizable margin. Today, that record was beat by an even more sizable margin. Thanks as always for the continued support.

With the new servers I think we can land Malkin, and the website won't crash like it used to !