Sixx-Pac Night: Habs @ Detroit, 7PM

Hitting is as much timing as anything, knowing when to make your cut in, obviously there a few attributes that make a good hitter, but once a player is 6' and 200 lbs, size attribute is covered.

Players like Kasparitus and Emelin, have that element that makes it a skill to them, like skating is or anything else, nearly an art form.

But alas, the Steven's and Weber's are the ones that do optimal damage.... Muscle mass, speed, timing, skill = train wreck for hit-ee :shocked:

I miss the hip check....

and I hate the big hits to injure that don't need to be thrown.

Tinordi in London would throw one of my favourite checks but it has the potential to be very dangerous.

He'd see a player just trying to start motion, he'd skate in, get in really low and then hit them coming up. It'd lead to guys being picked up in the air and pushed five feet across the ice. Most guys fell on their keister but some smacked their helmet so yeah, it has the potential to be scary. But man is it great to see a guy get lifted up to eight feet in the air and come crashing down.

You can see it in him. Not just from the way he's built (Thick - without an apparent ounce of fat on him), but from how he plays -- the effortless strides that get him up to ridiculous speed, the easy way he muscles his way past holding and grabbing. He's hard for opponents to contain the way only strength can manage. Couple that with a determination and drive to succeed that is more evident than any other player I've ever watched. Maybe he's not actually the strongest, but he LOOKS that way.

OK sure, your guess good as mine.

You can see it in him. Not just from the way he's built (Thick - without an apparent ounce of fat on him), but from how he plays -- the effortless strides that get him up to ridiculous speed, the easy way he muscles his way past holding and grabbing. He's hard for opponents to contain the way only strength can manage. Couple that with a determination and drive to succeed that is more evident than any other player I've ever watched. Maybe he's not actually the strongest, but he LOOKS that way.

LOL !

Tinordi in London would throw one of my favourite checks but it has the potential to be very dangerous.

He'd see a player just trying to start motion, he'd skate in, get in really low and then hit them coming up. It'd lead to guys being picked up in the air and pushed five feet across the ice. Most guys fell on their keister but some smacked their helmet so yeah, it has the potential to be scary. But man is it great to see a guy get lifted up to eight feet in the air and come crashing down.

Nice. Have not seen him throw that hit ...... yet.

http://youtu.be/NYB38PpmYVE

The announcer himself is worth ten laughs.

If that fight was allowed to go on, it would have ended up like Carlo Rizzi versus Santino Corleone in "The Godfather."

And how did Santino's temper help him in The Godfather II and (ugg) III. :ph34r:

Phaneuf and Komisarik were both bullies, till Chara challenged them every chance he got and they showed how gutless bullies really are and both are now washed up at young age.

Guest Stogey24

And how did Santino's temper help him in The Godfather II and (ugg) III. :ph34r:

Phaneuf and Komisarik were both bullies, till Chara challenged them every chance he got and they showed how gutless bullies really are and both are now washed up at young age.

I hate Phaneuf, but he definitely isn't washed up.

Phaneuf may not be washed up, but he is certainly being paid significantly more than his play merits. If he were in Montreal on that contract, fans would be calling for his head on a nightly basis and the mayor would be lobbying for his exile to Hamilton :rolleyes:

Guest Stogey24

He can still easily put up 40pts a year. Would I want him on my team? Not for 7mill, but I do think he can still be good point producing defensemen.

I heard he was heavy into the coke in Calgary. Maybe its catching up to him a bit.

He can still easily put up 40pts a year. Would I want him on my team? Not for 7mill, but I do think he can still be good point producing defensemen.

I heard he was heavy into the coke in Calgary. Maybe its catching up to him a bit.

I heard it was pepsi.

• Upvote 1

Dion Phaneuf is a lot like Jay Bouwmeester. JayBo is a great addition to the Blues since he isn't expected to be the #1 defenceman. Phaneuf is expected to be the #1, #2 and #3 defenceman for the Leafs. People complained about Gorges and Emelin in the top four? Try Polak and Robidas.

I could see Phaneuf looking great on the Sharks with Vlasic or the Coyotes with Larsson.