March 26th Montreal @ Winnipeg

DON

Hmm. Watching this game, I have a different opinion.

Habs offense is on fire tonight. If we play like this in any other game, it's 3-0 Montreal.

But Tokarski is having a rough night, and Pavelec is playing like Price. This is what it must feel like to play against Montreal on most nights...only without the 5 goals against.

Guest Stogey24

Montreal out muscled and out hit all night. Flippin team falls apart when teams have a heavy fore check. I've been saying it all year.

Habs offense is on fire tonight. If we play like this in any other game, it's 3-0 Montreal.

But Tokarski is having a rough night, and Pavelec is playing like Price. This is what it must feel like to play against Montreal on most nights...only without the 5 goals against.

Rough? LOL

That's the worst performance out of a Habs goalie in years. Two of his goals were back breakers on the shift following a goal and two were embarrassing softies.

The team got Lucic'd. Ladd weaseled out of a fight and the Habs just spun their wheels. They're having some shit luck lately.

Now what do they do? Play Price for the last seven games? Or concede first place to the Rangers/Lightning? Last Tuesday was Tokes first win in two months, and I doubt he wins the one or two starts he has left.

Poor Tokarski I feel for him as former goalie, some nights you don't have it. This was not all on him, nobody would have stopped a couple of those goals, 2 were definitely his fault. You need your goalie to come up big, and he didn't. Last year in the playoffs he looked great. Some games this year he has looked very good. Others not so much. Ah it is the way of the world one minute you are a hero the next you are the goat.

• Upvote 1

Poor Tokarski I feel for him as former goalie, some nights you don't have it. This was not all on him, nobody would have stopped a couple of those goals, 2 were definitely his fault. You need your goalie to come up big, and he didn't. Last year in the playoffs he looked great. Some games this year he has looked very good. Others not so much. Ah it is the way of the world one minute you are a hero the next you are the goat.

I think he would be ok if he could play at least 25-35 games.

He's only started 14 games and he'll play 16-20 tops.

Well, if tokarski's first 15 games this year looked like Hamburgler's first 15 games, we wouldn't be complaining about 5 goals on 22 shots. (Which is what Hammond allowed tonight.) Everybody has a bad game once in a while. Tokarski hasn't put up that many like he did tonight.

I think it was the best game we played this year that we lost, Toker didn't get 'er done, and Pavlec was unbelievable, Habs forwards played A ok.

Well, if tokarski's first 15 games this year looked like Hamburgler's first 15 games, we wouldn't be complaining about 5 goals on 22 shots. (Which is what Hammond allowed tonight.) Everybody has a bad game once in a while. Tokarski hasn't put up that many like he did tonight.

ToCrapski is 2-4-2 with a .899 sv% in 2015. That's Scott Clemmensen territory.

Yes Habs were the better team last night outside the crease. Usually the other way around.

Brian, is Condon ready?

This guy can't play for the Montreal Canadiens, or any NHL team.

He could be although I'd like to see him get at least a bit more AHL time. (He's only at 51 career AHL GP right now, less than the equivalent of one full AHL season.) That said, I'm sure he has at least played his way into consideration. His next few weeks may play a big role in his future next year; if he can guide Hamilton to the playoffs, that will certainly help his cause.

Why didn't we cash on Toker the Choker in the off season? Could have got a pick or prospect I am sure.

Who was going to trade anything of value for him? A five game postseason performance isn't enough to sway any team on a players' long-term potential. In the offseason, he'd have been thought of around the league as an undersized AHL goalie who got hot for a couple of weeks. I think at the time I had his value pegged at a 4th or 5th rounder at best. Right now, that's still about where it is (because of his cap hit being below the league minimum next year).

Markov/Subban managed to be +2, but other end of spectrum Petry/Emelin -4

Petry had 'off-game' as did Tokarski.

Mitchell/Eller went 6-21 on faceoffs.

Outshot em 2 to 1 was good, but 0 for 4 on PP again.

Was nice to see Beaulieu pushing the offense while still had 0+/-.

OH well, back home to face Luongo & Bishop.

Guest Stogey24

I think it may be that our forwards aren't willing to forecheck aggressively...our guys throw "excuse me" checks.

Last night was playoff hockey. You see some of our guys do the disappearing act when the going gets tough.

I think Plekanec has played very well offensively this year, but after last night when Petry took a bad hit in the numbers, Plekanec literally skated right by. This is legit the third time this year he's watched a guy get drilled and turn his head like nothing happened. Things like that drive me f'in insane. Guy chirps his faceoff, but in big games when things get tough he's no where to be found. There's a reason why he's one of the longest serving members on the team and not sporting the C.

Guest Stogey24

Yes NB played a great game. Petry and Emelin not so much.

Gally has his play off game going. Best forward again last night.

I'm damn close to getting a Gallagher Jersey

I'm sorry, but goaltending is not the issue in Montreal. true that Tokarski had a rough night last night, but he's been very good the rest of the season...How many back-up have save% above .915?? I believe he had a save% of .917 before last night's game.

Our lack of scoring has been camouflaged by the fact that Carey is our goalie. Carey's record in march is something like 4-4-2 and three of his four wins were by shutout. Basically meaning that if our goalies aren't perfect, we can't win, cause we can't score.

Now i understand that defense is what generally wins championships, but when you average less that 2 goals per game, you aren't gonna win the cup! (26 goals for in our last 13 games)

Guest Stogey24

Pavelic was great, Tokarski was crap. That was the difference in this game, on to the next one.

Did you watch the game?

Winnipeg pushed the tempo the entire game and Montreal blew coverage waaay too many times.

Last night was playoff hockey. You see some of our guys do the disappearing act when the going gets tough.

I think Plekanec has played very well offensively this year, but after last night when Petry took a bad hit in the numbers, Plekanec literally skated right by. This is legit the third time this year he's watched a guy get drilled and turn his head like nothing happened. Things like that drive me f'in insane. Guy chirps his faceoff, but in big games when things get tough he's no where to be found. There's a reason why he's one of the longest serving members on the team and not sporting the C.

Plekanec fights as often as Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Backstrom and I would be shocked if any of these guys tackled anyone ever, fighting isnt part of their game. Seems a very weak complaint.

Did you watch the game?

Winnipeg pushed the tempo the entire game and Montreal blew coverage waaay too many times.

Pushed the tempo and had 22 shots vs 41, are you maybe joking?

Pavelic was great, Tokarski was crap. That was the difference in this game, on to the next one.

Yes and weak coverage by Habs in own end on 2 or 3 of goals.

Did you watch the game?

Good for Winnipeg. What I seen was their goalie play much better than ours and that was the difference in the score. If Price plays that game, Habs likely get at least a point out of it.

Guest Stogey24

Plekanec fights as often as Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Backstrom and I would be shocked if any of these guys tackled anyone ever, fighting isnt part of their game. Seems a very weak complaint.

Pushed the tempo and had 22 shots vs 41, are you maybe joking?

Yes and weak coverage by Habs in own end on 2 or 3 of goals.

Weren't you one of the guys saying something about how shots don't matter. Montreal was putting shots on Pavelec from every angle. Winnipeg was the team getting all the zone time on Montreal

It's not about Plekanec fight. Its the fact that he was two feet from the hit and did a fly by. Didn't even make eye contact with Ladd. You can think what ever you want, that shits weak in my book.