April 17 Game #2 Ottawa at Montreal

DON

Will Pacioretty or/and Stone play?

From practice yesterday, Habs forwards were

67-51-21

11-14-27

25-81-22

8-17-32

No change expected on back end after well played game by most.

With same effort and bit more discipline the Habs should be easy favourite to win game.

But just hope is as 'entertaining' as game #1.

I would expect Sens to try and be as physical as possible in 1st period and how will Habs respond?

GHG

Yes to both Max and Stone playing tonight. Habs get a huge boost from the early pp goal, PK has a monster game, and more importantly, MVPrice returns to form..Habs win big tonight 5-1. :thumbs_up:

The big three (part II) lead the way

Maybe they do... because simply look to Max to carry the ball and sit back a bit, be more defensive? :blush:

Last playoffs, Pacioretty's line had trouble scoring (they still scored, but not at where we might have expected them to) because the top defensive lines were set to it while the other three lines still worked. Happens in the playoffs to every team. You try to shut their top line down, hope your top line doesn't get shut down and lean on the plumbers (as Lafleur puts it) make up for any lost offence.

The only thing that wasn't going in game one when it came to our forwards was Desharnais and Parenteau. Pacioretty will help DD out. Hopefully Smith-Pelly stays on the line because I really enjoyed his work in game one. Needs to stop reaching for checks though. Take the hit when it comes to you.

Guest Stogey24

Last playoffs, Pacioretty's line had trouble scoring (they still scored, but not at where we might have expected them to) because the top defensive lines were set to it while the other three lines still worked. Happens in the playoffs to every team. You try to shut their top line down, hope your top line doesn't get shut down and lean on the plumbers (as Lafleur puts it) make up for any lost offence.

The only thing that wasn't going in game one when it came to our forwards was Desharnais and Parenteau. Pacioretty will help DD out. Hopefully Smith-Pelly stays on the line because I really enjoyed his work in game one. Needs to stop reaching for checks though. Take the hit when it comes to you.

Desharnais is at his best when he keeps his feet moving. He's damn hard to knock down because his centre of gravity is so low, but as soon as he stops skating its game over

https://twitter.com/SeguinSports/status/589079830219530241/photo/1

Does anyone doubt this turkey is going to play every game this series?

Give me a break with the bone contusion. The little boo boo. The ruse didn't work. Time for the Senators to shut up and play hockey.

All the 'experts' have been unanimous in declaring that Stone is not the kind of guy who would 'embellish' an injury to draw a penalty. Yet this definitive assessment is based on a single NHL season and not a single NHL playoff game on his c.v.. Typical.

All the 'experts' have been unanimous in declaring that Stone is not the kind of guy who would 'embellish' an injury to draw a penalty. Yet this definitive assessment is based on a single NHL season and not a single NHL playoff game on his c.v.. Typical.

I don't really feel comfortable deciding whether opposing players are hurt or not. Or if the pain he felt was actual pain. Especially when Subban did hack him 30 feet away from the puck. I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt. It sucked Subban got the boot but the Habs proved that without two of the three cornerstones to the franchise, we can still beat the shiny golden pony. We're that good.

Is Mark Stone playing hurt? Is Mark Stone faking it? There was no suspension so it's just white noise and I don't care. Are we going to win? That's what I care about.

I like gambling a lot. But not with my Habs.

So...

chuck-sarah-walker-fashion.jpg

Take that Chris Neil, ya low life. :)

I heard Mike Duffy might be taking Stone's slot on top line (he heard per diems were better in NHL and pulled a few strings). :ph34r:

Yeah his trainer has been working him into shape. .....The shape of a beachball. :)

Is Mark Stone playing hurt? Is Mark Stone faking it? There was no suspension so it's just white noise and I don't care. Are we going to win? That's what I care about.

Now you got it, who gives a rats a$$ about Stone, let's hope Patches is back an in fine scoring form. Personally I don't care if Stone is hurt or faking it, as long as we win babay.

Parenteau is out tonight while Pacioretty will be a game time decision. If he can't go, Malhotra will likely draw in (unless they went with 7 D as the rest of the forwards from Hamilton aren't up yet with their season wrapping up this weekend).

Will Pacioretty or/and Stone play?

From practice yesterday, Habs forwards were

67-51-21

11-14-27

25-81-22

8-17-32

No change expected on back end after well played game by most.

With same effort and bit more discipline the Habs should be easy favourite to win game.

But just hope is as 'entertaining' as game #1.

I would expect Sens to try and be as physical as possible in 1st period and how will Habs respond?

GHG

By entertaining i assume you mean the drama from the slash. Because nether team impressed. Markov may have had his worst game as a hab, karlsson was sloppy, habs fourth line were best players.

Watched Ducks Jets last night.....tired but could not turn it off. Now thats hockey!

Parenteau is out tonight while Pacioretty will be a game time decision. If he can't go, Malhotra will likely draw in (unless they went with 7 D as the rest of the forwards from Hamilton aren't up yet with their season wrapping up this weekend).

That tells me Patches is in !!! Nice.

Desharnais is at his best when he keeps his feet moving. He's damn hard to knock down because his centre of gravity is so low, but as soon as he stops skating its game over

You are kidding right. He spends half the night on his ass. He falls down on the boards before he gets hit so that he wont get hit. ha!

HUGE game tonight.

Win and it could be a very short series.

Let Ottawa shoot themselves in the foot, refs will be looking to blow the whistle and get control of the game tonight with early penalties.

And PK.. how does he respond.. I'm guessing he's the best skater on the ice tonight.

Guest Stogey24

You are kidding right. He spends half the night on his ass. He falls down on the boards before he gets hit so that he wont get hit. ha!

LOL, just trying to be positive.

This will be a tough series for him.

I don't really feel comfortable deciding whether opposing players are hurt or not. Or if the pain he felt was actual pain. Especially when Subban did hack him 30 feet away from the puck. I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt. It sucked Subban got the boot but the Habs proved that without two of the three cornerstones to the franchise, we can still beat the shiny golden pony. We're that good.

I agree. I just get annoyed with all these NHL types drawing sweeping judgements about who is, and is not, what type of human being - often with relatively little info. What makes it worse is that refs call games and the league metes out discipline based on these arbitrary judgements and preferences. Anyway, like you say, white noise. JUST WIN, BABY!!